Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,343 members, 7,860,878 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:52 PM

Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole (42207 Views)

Cultists Behead Newly Married Man In Bayelsa, Hang His Head On Pole / "I Will Rape You" - Man To Electricity Official Who Cut His Wire, Strips Unclad / Man Attacks Electricity Official Who Came To Disconnect Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Lewalexzy(m): 5:19am On May 27, 2019
frankleesehi:
Angry residents pull nepa official off ladder leaves colleague hanging on pole while trying to 'cut off' power supply.

According to the video, one of the resident push the NEPA official holding the ladder and started fighting, while his colleague was left hanging on the pole.

Watch the video:
https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/05/angry-residents-pull-nepa-official-off.html?m=1

No joke oh... People still online, una no dey sleep?

1 Like

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by ayusco85(m): 5:19am On May 27, 2019
They probably havent had light for two weeks and yet NEPA brought them an over charged electricity bill.

Pull the bastard down grin

1 Like

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Nobody: 5:23am On May 27, 2019
Nukilia:

Stop the rant! Let the electricity companies deliver on prepaid meters and let's stop all the rubbish!

And let Nigerians and their government agencies pay their bills too.

People not paying up are making things bad for those of us who pay.

And this problem has been there from the days of NEPA.

I hate saying this, but facts is facts.

When GSM came to Nigeria, service was bad, but we paid high amounts then, and the money was invested in improving things. And prices went down.

Why are we shortchanging our discos?

And why expect light 24/7? We generate 5000mw. We need to get up to 20000mw or more. That costs money. Where are we going to get it? From the sky.

You are free to abuse me. I am tired of Nigerians who want free stuff. Nothing is free in Freetown.

Good morning

2 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by driand(m): 5:29am On May 27, 2019
nwimo22:
Really? Even when you don’t see light and get billed every month?
how come you don't see light?
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Nukilia: 5:31am On May 27, 2019
tactius:

People not paying up are making things bad for those of us who pay. And this problem has been there from the days of NEPA.

When GSM came to Nigeria, service was bad, but we paid high amounts then, and the money was invested in improving things. And prices went down.

Why are we shortchanging our discos? And why expect light 24/7? We generate 5000mw. We need to get up to 20000mw or more. That costs money. Where are we going to get it? From the sky.

You are free to abuse me. I am tired of Nigerians who want free stuff. Nothing is free in Freetown.
Good morning

Its so pathetic when i see folks like you who have the interest of the nation at heart but do not understand how corrupt the system is. Ever since I opened my eyes in this Nigeria, electricity companies do not believe Nigerians deserve 24 hrs stable electricity. Nigerians are willing to pay but the electricity companies keep disappointing the citizens.

The electricity men are quick to carry ladder for disconnection but not quick to provide digital meters to the people. Lack of organizational skills is the root cause of these problem. Let the electricity companies supply digital meters and anyone who bypasses it should be prosecuted and shamed for everyone to see...

4 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by blank(f): 5:33am On May 27, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

In some areas,that can warrant un-invited guest in the evening/night/midnight. Just one small flash,boss go call everybody to make sure the light no shake @ all. Because if light shake,his/her head go shake .

The people that direct where the light should go do not live where uninvited guests can go to.
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by helpee(m): 5:35am On May 27, 2019
tactius:

And why expect light 24/7? We generate 5000mw. We need to get up to 20000mw or more. That costs money. Where are we going to get it? From the sky.

Good morning
this early morning, you are just ranting. You talked about GSM, was it not the same Nigerians that paid for the poor services of the GSM in the early days before they improved? So? Why are they not paying now? The problem has been solved for you. Give them prepaid meter exactly like prepaid recharge cards that GSM people are using. You buy card, you get light. You don't buy card no light. Let us see who will not pay. But the discos want to keep collecting money without generating appropriate light. They know with prepaid, if an area don't have light for weeks, they don't get paid for weeks. So the discos are the fraudsters here not Nigerians. Direct your rant to the proper channel

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by blank(f): 5:37am On May 27, 2019
Nukilia:

Its so pathetic when i see folks like you who have the interest of the nation at heart but do not understand how corrupt the system is. Ever since I opened my eyes in this Nigeria, electricity companies do not believe Nigerians deserve 24 hrs stable electricity. Nigerians are willing to pay but the electricity companies keep disappointing the citizens.

The electricity men are quick to carry ladder for disconnection but not quick to provide digital meters to the people. Lack of organizational skills is the root cause of these problem. Let the electricity companies supply digital meters and anyone who bypasses it should be prosecuted and shamed for everyone to see...

The people in the video don't look like people who are interested in paying. If you can't pay for the light you see how will you pay when the light is made 24hrs? As a company will you give people 24hrs light when they can't pay for the 4hrs a day you give. Let's face it, electricity is expensive.

4 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by 15ssDRIVE(m): 5:38am On May 27, 2019
blank:

The people that direct where the light should go do not live where uninvited guests can go to.
� lol
For Naija ? Hmmmm even Aso rock no safe....
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Ifebazz(m): 5:38am On May 27, 2019
tactius:
The main reason why we have problems with power is people who won't pay their bills and attack disco officials doing their jobs.

Yes, discos 'extort' us, but if you were running a business and people took things for free, would you have money to invest in growing your business.

Nigerians want free power. Even if you give these guys free meter, they will bypass it.

And we Nigerians are so uncivilized. Assaulting people is a criminal offence

And the reason why many.people don't have light is because of the many who don't pay for their power
You were making sense until Yes, discos 'extort' us, but if you were running a business and people took things for free, would you have money to invest in growing your business.and the last paragraph.
The extortion should be enough to boost the business naw, abi?
For the other one, bros how happy would you be recharging your line (MTN say) with 2k only to realise that you can't make calls due to poor network services yet will forfeit the same amount after one week on expiration of airtime?
Does it make sense to you? You don't treat a dog like a goat yet expect it to behave like a dog.
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by ireneidiva(f): 5:42am On May 27, 2019
Nukilia:

Nigerians are not ready to pay anything. How many Nigerians can pay 100,000 naira a month for 24 hours electricity? My dear, discos supply 24 hours light to only the very rich ones that can pay. Yes, there are people like you and me that have uninterrupted power supply and their bills run into millions every year. Discos will lose if they try it everywhere. And a lot of people bypass meters.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:45am On May 27, 2019
helpee:
this early morning, you are just ranting. You talked about GSM, was it not the same Nigerians that paid for the poor services of the GSM in the early days before they improved? So? Why are they not paying now? The problem has been solved for you. Give them prepaid meter exactly like prepaid recharge cards that GSM people are using. You buy card, you get light. You don't buy card no light. Let us see who will not pay. But the discos want to keep collecting money without generating appropriate light. They know with prepaid, if an area don't have light for weeks, they don't get paid for weeks. So the discos are the fraudsters here not Nigerians. Direct your rant to the proper channel
u are blessed... U will do great things in life.. But on the other hand the man u quoted is young, naive and ignorant of how things work down there in Nigeria.. I feel sorry for him with the way he articulated his words one must agree he's intelligent but not smart...

I'm from the early 80s... And I grew up to live with, candles, lamps, etc.. We all screamed up NEPA! Guess what even the people from 70s experienced same.. And from the kind of children I see online and the crop of leaders they elect their next generations to come might still post here fighting the same NEPA..

I'm ara here!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by sleeknaija(m): 5:49am On May 27, 2019
frankleesehi:
Angry residents pull nepa official off ladder leaves colleague hanging on pole while trying to 'cut off' power supply.

According to the video, one of the resident push the NEPA official holding the ladder and started fighting, while his colleague was left hanging on the pole.

Watch the video:
https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/05/angry-residents-pull-nepa-official-off.html?m=1

This ones will be used as scapegoats by the disco...

I just laugh when i read comments here on nairaland, there are so many ignorant people that dont know anything and just spew trash here.. These set of people fighting the disco officials only paid on their bills twice in d past 6months and they went ahead to reconnect themselves a day after they were disconnected.. The unscrupulous elements have been arrested and will soon b charged to court cheesy grin

The father was even encouraging his son to pull the man on the ladder down.. What a shame..

For those shouting that prepaid meters should be given to all customers, majority of those already given have either BYPASSED the meters or have already looked for means not to vend... Smh... Every common Nigerian has a stealing mentality grin

2 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Ifebazz(m): 5:58am On May 27, 2019
tactius:

Good morning

Nigerians don't want FREE STUFF, they want value for their money. I get billed 21k per month for a two bedroom apartment.Is that looking like free stuff to you?For the past three or more months, I can't boast of light cumulatively amounting to 3 days supply. My DSTV subscription wasted after the first month and more than two months now no need to subscribe again.
The area needs a new transformer, am I going procure it for them or am I still looking for FREE STUFF?

4 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Nobody: 6:01am On May 27, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
u are blessed... U will do great things in life.. But on the other hand the man u quoted is young, naive and ignorant of how things work down there in Nigeria.. I feel sorry for him with the way he articulated his words one must agree he's intelligent but not smart...

I'm from the early 80s... And I grew up to live with, candles, lamps, etc.. We all screamed up NEPA! Guess what even the people from 70s experienced same.. And from the kind of children I see online and the crop of leaders they elect their next generations to come might still post here fighting the same NEPA..

I'm ara here!

I am a child of the 80s myself.

Back then, many Nigerians did not pay their power bills, did illegal connection and so on.

Now that power is private, the same thing is happening.

I'm sorry, but regardless of what you think about my relative youth and inexperience, either we pay the right prices for power or we take another loan.

And thank you for calling me unwise. I an much obliged to you and your superior wisdom

Good morning sir

2 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Awaja(m): 6:01am On May 27, 2019
This happens when you’ve not seen light for 2months ,and you here up Nepa and next u see them officials with lader.it does end this way .

1 Like

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Nobody: 6:02am On May 27, 2019
Ifebazz:

Nigerians don't want FREE STUFF, they want value for their money. I get billed 21k per month for a two bedroom apartment.Is that looking like free stuff to you?For the past three or more months, I can't boast of light cumulatively amounting to 3 days supply. My DSTV subscription wasted after the first month and more than two months now no need to subscribe again.
The area needs a new transformer, am I going procure it for them or am I still looking for FREE STUFF?

And the discos cannot improve things because many of our fellow Nigerians don't pay, putting pressure on those of us like you and me who do pay.

It is those freeloaders who annoy me.

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by onlyboyson(m): 6:02am On May 27, 2019
Bring light una no bring na to cut wire una sabi good for themthe last time this happened to my area the Nepal official cut off the light for a year and six months
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Salebo: 6:04am On May 27, 2019
foliman:
Serves him right, though the community may experience power outtage for a while, but it'll give the Nepa guys a second thought when next they're around same place.

Nepa guys are the greatest fraudsters of all time in areas without prepaid meters.

They extort with pleasure.

Just imagine your reasoning...

"Nepal guys".....
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by cardoctor(m): 6:06am On May 27, 2019
Nepe don take light be dat for 1 year.
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:10am On May 27, 2019
driand:
grin

Why would they do that? Law is Law pay up or get disconnected...

Pay up N15k or more per month for using TV, fan and charging your phone for a few hours per day?

1 Like

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Ifebazz(m): 6:13am On May 27, 2019
tactius:

And the discos cannot improve things because many of our fellow Nigerians don't pay, putting pressure on those of us like you and me who do pay.

It is those freeloaders who annoy me.

Good morning
Dear, I run a business too. It's my prerogative to give my customers quality services. If I don't, there are other providers. Now, the onus lies solely on me to ensure my customers don't shortchange me either by better technology or the tenets of the law. Same time, I can't expect my customers to be always happy in dealing with my shortcomings. Some times I have to bear some loses. It is part of business.
The basic thing is to provide the services being paid for. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Lovelyn451(f): 6:14am On May 27, 2019
So NEPA still dey cut light
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Nukilia: 6:15am On May 27, 2019
blank:

The people in the video don't look like people who are interested in paying. If you can't pay for the light you see how will you pay when the light is made 24hrs? As a company will you give people 24hrs light when they can't pay for the 4hrs a day you give. Let's face it, electricity is expensive.

grin grin grin You remind me of the incompetence in the Nigerian system...

In the late 80s, Nigerians were used to Water corporation guys going everywhere to disconnect their customers from water lines, the people begged them for meters but they won't provide one. Today everyone can use a pumping machine to get water from the ground and store it in tanks for future use.

NITEL was busy disconnecting people from the lines and bringing huge bills for the citizens. Today, well organized private telecom industries has taken over from them and Nigerians are happy.

Back to our beloved electricity companies holding Nigerians ransom, I believe a time would come when we will have more reliable players who will deliver quality service to all and sundry without making life difficult for the citizens...

4 Likes

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Ifebazz(m): 6:18am On May 27, 2019
Nairafixedgame:
See details below

Biggest scammers after Police, NEPA and politicians.

1 Like

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Ifebazz(m): 6:21am On May 27, 2019
Nukilia:

grin grin grin You remind me of the incompetence in the Nigerian system...

In the late 80s, Nigerians were used to Water corporation guys going everywhere to disconnect their customers from water lines, the people begged them for meters but they won't provide one. Today everyone can use a pumping machine to get water from the ground and store it in tanks for future use.

NITEL was busy disconnecting people from the lines and bringing huge bills for the citizens. Today, well organized private telecom industries has taken over from them and Nigerians are happy.

Back to our beloved electricity companies holding Nigerians ransom, I believe a time would come when we will have more reliable players who will deliver quality service to all and sundry without making life difficult for the citizens...

Apt

1 Like

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Lovelyn451(f): 6:22am On May 27, 2019
So NEPA still dey cut light...they should get prepaid metres naw
But that one sef get wahala.u recharge 3k, on one small fridge, it'll suck up everything....don't even go near the AC...asin, no touch am oo

1 Like

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:31am On May 27, 2019
tactius:

I am a child of the 80s myself.

Back then, many Nigerians did not pay their power bills, did illegal connection and so on.

Now that power is private, the same thing is happening.

I'm sorry, but regardless of what you think about my relative youth and inexperience, either we pay the right prices for power or we take another loan.

And thank you for calling me unwise. I an much obliged to you and your superior wisdom

Good morning sir
my brother tactius.. Good morning... Again u impressed me with ur write up but still same end results.. Ignorance!!! The reason is you are faulting or putting the chunk of blame on the masses... The reason we are having diz epileptic power supply or nothing at all is a result of failed governance and leadership...

Please I want u to think it through pragmatically and holistically..

If all houses are metered there won't be need to endanger lives and ruin economic growth..

The NEPA offices they use generator sets.. Does it mean that they also don't pay bills??

Don't in the attempt to appear patriotic become delusional and mentally impaired the world has gone beyond such bro... I live in Europe over a decade now... And you only pay for what u use... And if u over pay they know from their offices and this excesses are credited to u by the end of the year during audit..

I hereby enjoin u to a brief thinking time... Good morning once more...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by ishawlar: 6:34am On May 27, 2019
I told u guys this people are daylight robbers. Phcn
Re: Residents Pull Electricity Official Off Ladder, Leaves Colleague Hanging On Pole by Ifebazz(m): 6:37am On May 27, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
my brother tactius.. Good morning... Again u impressed me with ur write up but still same end results.. Ignorance!!! The reason is you are faulting or putting the chunk of blame on the masses... The reason we are having diz epileptic power supply or nothing at all is a result of failed governance and leadership...

Please I want u to think it through pragmatically and holistically..

If all houses are metered there won't be need to endanger lives and ruin economic growth..

The NEPA offices they use generator sets.. Does it mean that they also don't pay bills??

Don't in the attempt to appear patriotic become delusional and mentally impaired the world has gone beyond such bro... I live in Europe over a decade now... And you only pay for what u use... And if u over pay they know from their offices and this excesses are credited to u by the end of the year during audit..

I hereby enjoin u to a brief thinking time... Good morning once more...

Good point there. So NEPA offices don't pay bills too? cool

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawyers Move To Stop Colleague From Appearing In Olokun Attire In Court (video) / Headless Corpse Rattles Edo Residents (photo) / Idowu Oluwatosin Olakunle: Police Arrested Me For Being Feminine & Too Slim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.