Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' (13098 Views)

8th Assembly: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Failed To Retire N73.5bn Running Cost / Ambode: CSO Threatens Legislators, Demands Probe Of N28.8 Billion Running Cost / APC Will Understand Our Strength When It Tries To Impeach Saraki – Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by NoBetterNigeria: 8:26am On May 27, 2019
Where are those barking on Saraki when he said same some years back. This one never become SP he's saying the same... we're on a long thing in this zoo
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by EdeyHot: 8:26am On May 27, 2019
shocked
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by AntiWailer: 8:26am On May 27, 2019
Ventura1:
These are supposed Buhari's people that will help him reduce the cost of governance o

Buhari has no power over those rogues.

If he start u will be the first to shout dictator
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by starbuck(f): 8:27am On May 27, 2019
This man should have heard himself out to know whether he made sense
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by magicminister: 8:27am On May 27, 2019
Despite their huge income, these legislators have not passed any meaningful and impactful bills.

1- age and gender discrimination in the labor market is still alive.
2- tribalism or nepotism in all sphere of our Nigerian existence is still alive. We go for the most familiar rather than the most competent.

3- what of armed forces reform bill?

So many bills these people can push but they choose to sit idle!!

Fat paycheck is not justifiable!!

Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by anonymous1759(m): 8:27am On May 27, 2019
Islie:

‘Many don’t understand our functions’ — Lawan defends N13.5m running cost for senators

https://www.thecable.ng/many-dont-understand-our-functions-lawan-defends-n13-5m-running-cost-for-senators

Useless modaphuckers activist will keep mute about this shiiit, over to hard working honest Nigerians look at a senator robbing you in broad day light. If na yahoo boys now una go dey talk thrash it's obvious you guys are jealous of them Nothing more. I'm waiting for Rugged Man to react to this. Useless elements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by amaben2020(m): 8:28am On May 27, 2019
Greedy man, you'll never be the SP

Resign if we are lying na
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by Badgers14: 8:30am On May 27, 2019
And this guy is supposed to be the Senate president??

Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by Reference(m): 8:31am On May 27, 2019
Mk93:
I thought only saraki and his corrupt PDP senators are going home with that amount. I never knew people like saint lawan are still playing their part in exhausting our money

I will wait to see how hardcore APC supporters will react to this. How they will seperate oil from water.... now that Lawan is likely to head and the lightning rod Saraki is gone. My two cents is that they agree with Lawan and slurp some vomit.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by Max8: 8:33am On May 27, 2019
What else will the parasite senator say,which stupid function is he talking about to justify 13million allowance, how many bills as the yeye senate sponsored that as better the lives of the ordinary Nigerians,Dino Melaye is just an example of how the senators had milked this country, look at all the luxurious cars in his possession living a life at the expense of poor Nigerians common wealth

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by Nobody: 8:34am On May 27, 2019
Reference:

I will wait to see how hardcore APC supporters will react to this. How they will seperate oil from water.... now that Lawan is likely to head and the lightning rod Saraki is gone. My two cents is that they agree with Lawan and slurp some vomit.
they will accept everything as far as they did not see you as threat to tinubu 2023 agenda
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:35am On May 27, 2019
hrykanu231:
Put them on minimum wage and See how this country will get fixed.
Unfortunately, he did not give valid reasons for the jumbo pay
he tried to be clever by half... Lol @ 750k take home... I went to igbinedion University okada class of 02/03 and alot of senators had numerous kids there which were my friends and roommates...

The irony is they were all poor until 1999 democrazy they didn't have to tell u anyway before u know because ajebutter from birth is always easy to identify..

Now tell me we were paying over half a million then as fees and we also had numerous running costs etc.. Now a senator had 3 kids or even 1 child there minus it from the alleged 750k. And see if u don't think this mofo lawan should be kicked in the groin..
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by Fourwinds: 8:39am On May 27, 2019
franciskaine:
He ended up saying nothing. They compare Nigeria to America when it has to their benefits, but will neva compare Nigeria to America when corruption, economy, employment and other salient issues are being discussed.
dont mind the idiots called Senators
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by momodub: 8:39am On May 27, 2019
Wtf I just read
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by olajide8(m): 8:49am On May 27, 2019
Islie:

‘Many don’t understand our functions’ — Lawan defends N13.5m running cost for senators

https://www.thecable.ng/many-dont-understand-our-functions-lawan-defends-n13-5m-running-cost-for-senators

Which nonsense function? the basic things that would leave a better nigeria has been thrown to the dustbin and imaginary functions have been developed for themselves, to justify collecting allowances for none existent oversight, what are the oversighting O! - ordinary legislation on power removal from the exclusive list to the concurrent una refuse so you would say you are doing oversight of tcn - I doubt if there would be any difference in this lawan lead senate O!
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by Ventura1: 8:54am On May 27, 2019
AntiWailer:

Buhari has no power over those rogues.

If he start u will be the first to shout dictator

Oga, you have no excuse at all, you and your lots are the one blaming Saraki for Buhari inefficiency
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by gulfer: 8:54am On May 27, 2019
Are your functions more than that of Senators in the US , Uk etc
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by orisa37: 9:12am On May 27, 2019
We know why we elected you and we know how much you are worth, even now that there is serious Depression in the Country. Simple pre-structuring for Police, Resources and Election control, to make our 36 Constitutional States more productive, you can't. Minimum wage of N30'000 is still stuck somewhere and somebody is feeding Vulture, an illegal weapon, with N5'000 per day.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by CloudResident(m): 9:34am On May 27, 2019
Hmmmm.And this idiot wants to be the Senate President
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by hush15: 9:38am On May 27, 2019
hrykanu231:
Put them on minimum wage and See how this country will get fixed.
Unfortunately, he did not give valid reasons for the jumbo pay

funny enough even though i abhors his party, he is however right. Leglislation in US isnt cheap either but because of the value of the currency and service, even one dollar goes a long way unlike back home, the naira has no value and often times misplaced priorities of the legislators themselves.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by themanderon: 9:43am On May 27, 2019
The only thing to understand is that you are all pathological thieves who have absolutely nothing to offer and get paid for warming benches.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by Charly68: 9:49am On May 27, 2019
These men are dishonorable for defending nonsense ..what do they do than sleeping and say yes & no at the chamber . haven't we been seeing them sleeping while discussion is going on even on the floor of national assembly ? How much are real time workers earning per month ?
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by holluwizzy: 9:52am On May 27, 2019
I believe that people that are supposed to be the highest paid in Nigeria are the Soldiers, Navy , Airforce, Then add something to the police Froce.
Because they can die anytime and their earned money should be used to take care of their family as their next of Kin.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by laidian(m): 10:17am On May 27, 2019
This Lawan abi na Lawani is a disaster.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by nonhuman(m): 10:19am On May 27, 2019
[quote author=pelhurmy post=78755611]He failed to highlight those "things" that he uses 13million for in a month as running cost. And you expect us to be cool with it?

Nigeria.... At times, I wish I have what it takes to start a revolution in this country!

My brother you have what it takes just look in ward and believe yourself, it can be started by one person, the only problem is that most of the younger populace are not informed
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by adegeye38(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2019
Craigslists:
Lol

Weytin una dey do apart from ye or ney?

Embezzle constituency allowance, buy luxury cars, build mansions, marry 19 years old (Ned) and dash the remaining one to slay mamas.

Naija will still remain a shithole in 100 years to come if our main problem (corrupt leaders) is not addressed.

Legislooters!
The leaders are a reflection of the people, as long as the people are corrupt, selfish greedy and fraudulent, they will keep on producing corrupt leaders which is just one of the consequences.

Almost all Nigerians see nothing wrong in bribes, fraud, kick back, stealing funds, manipulating figures and so on

And then u expect d leaders to be angels

Change begind with me and you my brother, be the change u want to see
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by GOFRONT(m): 10:59am On May 27, 2019
You see??....You see??.....He cant even mention anything..

Nigeria has the higheat paid legislators representing the poorest people of the world...
Re: Ahmed Lawan Defends N13.5m Running Cost: 'Many Don’t Understand Our Functions' by BuhariAdvocate: 11:04am On May 27, 2019
It's very laughable to hear this poo .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sowore: Tinubu, A Well-Known Thief Sues Another Thief, Atiku / What Happened To The Federal Government's Whistle-Blowing Policy? / Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.