Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes (14508 Views)

Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector / Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Prayers Over Nation’s Security Challenges / Throwback;Buhari Weeps Over Nation’s Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by EmekaBlue(m): 2:18pm On May 27, 2019
Impeach that man
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 27, 2019
ClearFlair:
There’s no fire anywhere. PDP is just trying hard to create confusion

There is...from the report....

The downstream was equally plagued by the excessive regulation which made it difficult to unlock the huge potential of the oil and gas sector. It is desirable to fully liberalise the sector so that investors can inject the desired private capital. The price cap on the petroleum products and the dominance of the state-owned oil company [NNPC] had practically shut out the private sector in the downstream oil sector. There is a huge potential for investment, jobs, capital and revenue to be unlocked in the sector through appropriate reforms.”

The thing is, liberalisation means fuel will cost N200 and above per liter....which does not bring in votes, and which might be construed as 'making people suffer'

But the thing is, you need deregulation, so that the investors, jobs, etc would come.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Hienna(m): 2:18pm On May 27, 2019
angry
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by HarryDuce(m): 2:18pm On May 27, 2019
This president is becoming to docile to rule. Response to this claim would now take him over a month. And to think that his Second tenure has not even started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by grandstar(m): 2:20pm On May 27, 2019
tactius:

No other option but deregulation....but the thing is, politics.

Politics 10%, Buhari 90%
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Princedapace(m): 2:24pm On May 27, 2019
Lol.. Buhari is not intelligent.. He has spent four years and couldn't solve just one problem.. All some people care about is producing president in 2023..

Foolish country.. grin

We are still hoping to get 1600 respondents for my friend's PhD survey questionaire. Pls, you can be of help.

Pls guys, a friend of mine is doing her PhD in the university of Florida.

She needs our help. She has her survey questionnaire crafted online. She is understudying birth control in Nigeria. That is a very interesting topic. She needs 1600 respondents for this research. You can participate. Survey takes less than 20 minutes.

Pls, to help her with your views about birth control, kindly check my profile and see the link on my signature. Just click the link and the survey page will open. It is done online and easy. Thank u so much. Don't forget to share with your friends too.
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 27, 2019
grandstar:

Politics 10%, Buhari 90%

See what happened under GEJ when he attempted partial deregulation....strikes and protests.

Whoever attempts full deregulation, ie removes the price controls completely...is going to be removed from office by force. No matter the party, the religion, the performance, etc.....because Nigerians think that fuel should be cheap.
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Bizibi(m): 2:38pm On May 27, 2019
He is not feeling the heat.....
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Bizibi(m): 2:39pm On May 27, 2019
grandstar:

There's no option chief!
what!!!
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Promise47(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2019
Bihari has failed in all he is a failure minister my foot some body way day use NEPA bill say na WAEC result fail fail......
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by grandstar(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2019
tactius:

See what happened under GEJ when he attempted partial deregulation....strikes and protests.

Whoever attempts full deregulation, ie removes the price controls completely...is going to be removed from office by force. No matter the party, the religion, the performance, etc.....because Nigerians think that fuel should be cheap.

Buhari had the opportunity to completely deregulate the price in early 2016 when the pump price was higher than the market price but refused to do so. The masses wouldn't have noticed then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 27, 2019
grandstar:

Buhari had the opportunity to completely deregulate the price in early 2016 when the pump price was higher than the market price but refused to do so. The masses wouldn't have noticed then.

Yes he did...and yes, the masses would have noticed....not immediately, but when prices jump above 200 naira.
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by grandstar(m): 3:14pm On May 27, 2019
tactius:

Yes he did...and yes, the masses would have noticed....not immediately, but when prices jump above 200 naira.

And at that point, he should stick to his guns. It's called leadership
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Promise47(m): 3:37pm On May 27, 2019
that Buhari is the most useless president I have even seen u overhaul yourself as minister of petroleum knowing fully well that he is not qualified for that position a confirm failure as minister
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Legendguru: 4:55pm On May 27, 2019
oh
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 27, 2019
tactius:
Key among the recomedatioms is deregulation of the downstream sector.

But this means subsidy removal.

NNPC privatization also means prices go up.

Not politically popular
It don reach level to dey bind and cast this guy o. Spirit of poverty and impoverishment boku inside am. Imagine only you want power tariff increased, deregulation, privatisation. Abbeg how much are you earning were you work self
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 27, 2019
ClearFlair:
There’s no fire anywhere. PDP is just trying hard to create confusion
Lagos state chamber of commerce is PDP too?
This is no longer ordinary
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 27, 2019
Buckubuck:

It don reach level to dey bind and cast this guy o. Spirit of poverty and impoverishment boku inside am. Imagine only you want power tariff increased, deregulation, privatisation. Abbeg how much are you earning were you work self

Good evening, and thank you for insulting me. God bless.
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 27, 2019
tactius:

Good evening, and thank you for insulting me. God bless.
It's as if you're living in a bubble. Do you move with Nigerians at all? Just today, I had to give out 1k to a Muslim brother who lost his job last year as he doesn't even have money to break the fast with his family. I began to wonder how tomorrow go be for am. These are the people you're campaigning for to pay more for fuel, light, road etc. Nigeria is regarded the poverty capital of the world no be joke o. It's reality and I'm telling you for free if you live amongst real Nigerians, you'll never consider all these ur ideas
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 27, 2019
Buckubuck:

It's as if you're living in a bubble. Do you move with Nigerians at all? Just today, I had to give out 1k to a Muslim brother who lost his job last year as he doesn't even have money to break the fast with his family. I began to wonder how tomorrow go be for am. These are the people you're campaigning for to pay more for fuel, light, road etc. Nigeria is regarded the poverty capital of the world no be joke o. It's reality and I'm telling you for free if you live amongst real Nigerians, you'll never consider all these ur ideas

Thanks for insulting me and calling me selfish.

And thanks for showing me you are more righteous and more caring for the poor than I am

God bless .
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Shikini: 5:53pm On May 27, 2019
What does the dullard know about

the oil sector?
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 27, 2019
Buckubuck:

Just for you in addition

Deregulation means more investment which means more money, jobs, especially in the petroleum sector, and eventual reduction in prcies.

But no, I am an evil person to you because of the increase in prices...which would be temporary.

Anyway, since you want cheap fuel, don't complain when problems arise.

Good evening.
Re: Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes by Reference(m): 9:01pm On May 27, 2019
tactius:

Just for you in addition

Deregulation means more investment which means more money, jobs, especially in the petroleum sector, and eventual reduction in prcies.

But no, I am an evil person to you because of the increase in prices...which would be temporary.

Anyway, since you want cheap fuel, don't complain when problems arise.

Good evening.

Abeg. Just leave the fellow alone. He simply cannot understand the calamity this country faces nor the extraordinary tough choices set before us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zainab Ahmed Reveals Why IMF Supports Nigeria’s Border Closure / ₦1b Bribe: Group Asks EFCC To Invite Ayu Over Wike's Allegations / SERAP Calls For The Prosecution Of Patience Jonathan Over $15m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.