Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Messi Called Me A Donkey- Liverpool Star, Milner - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Called Me A Donkey- Liverpool Star, Milner (533 Views)

Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 / Mo Salah Refuses Man Of The Match Award, Hands It To Milner (photos ( / Liverpool Star Mo’ Salah Meets His Lookalike (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Called Me A Donkey- Liverpool Star, Milner by davidyoung940(m): 3:55pm On May 27, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]
Liverpool midfielder James Milner says Lionel Messi called him a donkey during the first leg of their Champions League semi-final for a rough tackle that sent the Barcelona star to the turf.

Late in the first half of that opening leg at Camp Nou saw Messi come into contact with Andy Robertson along the sideline. Off balance, Milner came in late with a shoulder barge on the Barca talisman, sending Messi to the ground.

Incensed over the late contact, Messi called for a yellow card to be handed out but Milner escaped a warning on that occasion.

Having been embarrassed by a Messi nutmeg back in 2015 when he was a member of Manchester City, the Argentine believed it was an attempt at payback.

“He wasn't happy,” Milner, who is learning Spanish, told the Daily Mail . “He was giving me plenty in Spanish going down the tunnel at half-time as well. He was calling me 'burro'.
“It translates as donkey but I think it's also used in Spanish football as a general term for someone who goes around kicking people.

“I asked him if he was all right, but he wasn't having it. I don't think he realised I understood his Spanish.
“He said: ‘That foul you did, that's because I nutmegged you’. I left him to it at that point and went into the changing room.

“Look, I've only got admiration for him. He has earned the right to say what he wants.”

Re: Messi Called Me A Donkey- Liverpool Star, Milner by davidyoung940(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2019
if it was to be Cr7 now, we won't hear word again... people will start calling him arrogant person
if it was to be Cr7 now, we won't hear word again... people will start calling him arrogant person
Re: Messi Called Me A Donkey- Liverpool Star, Milner by ayourbamie: 8:40pm On May 27, 2019
You tried to bully him, that's why he called u burro, he actually meant bully
Re: Messi Called Me A Donkey- Liverpool Star, Milner by davidyoung940(m): 10:14pm On May 27, 2019
i trust Messi fans, they will say anything to cover his ass

(1) (Reply)

Football Gossip: De Gea, Pogba, Lukaku, Neymar, Lampard / How Barcelona FC Sold “drunk” Deco And Ronaldinho To Protect Messi / Barcelona Confirm Griezmann’s Shirt Number At Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.