Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 (15774 Views)

Barack Obama Congratulates Argentina And Messi, Called Him The GOAT / Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 / Messi Called Milner A ‘donkey’ During Liverpool Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by AImiron: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
World Cup official Mateu Lahoz has opened up on the classy gesture shown by Lionel Messi after the referee officiated the quarter-final game between Argentina and the Netherlands.

The two countries served up one of the best and most controversial games in Qatar, with the spotlight being on so many incidents and the referee Lahoz, who fans claimed had an off day.

The Spanish referee issued 14 yellow cards - eight for the world champions and six for their opponents. He topped it with one red card for Denzel Dumfries during the shootout.

As reported by Marca, Messi and Emiliano Martinez expressed their dissatisfaction with the officiating, with the goalkeeper calling him useless. Lahoz was sent home afterwards, though it was pre-planned.

As reported by Mirror UK, the Argentina captain admitted he had regrets despite winning the tournament, and it was his actions during the quarter-final game in which he insulted Wout Weghorst and Louis van Gaal.

The official has now opened up on Messi's gesture after the game while speaking to Marca via Tribuna.
"Leo Messi CALLED ME and APOLOGIZED FOR THE HARSH WORDS HE DIRECTED AT ME. HE SAID HE WASN’T HIMSELF," he said.

The two had history during Messi's time in La Liga before leaving Barcelona in 2021. In 2018, the official apologised for ruling out Messi's goal in the 1-1 draw against Atletico Madrid, a goal that would have handed Barca the title.

Guardiola also had his fair share of controversy from Lahoz, who sent off the Manchester City boss during the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League quarter-final against Liverpool.

SOURCE

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by AImiron: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
If na that stoopid desert scam, egoistic bassstard, he will never call anyone to apologize, he will rather rant including his family and his minions toxic fanbase, they all love to rant and e go eventually arrange another interview with Piers Morgan to donate more tears. 😂😂

This was the same tournament penadogs were crying hot blood, that it was rigged for Argentina. Sore losers, y’all will rant for ever.

8th ballon d’or is coming later this month. We go press una necks more 😂😂 . IKLMPY

53 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Alchemy528: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2023
Messi is the most respectful player not Ronaldo, who is a taunter himself

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by ThiagoKid(m): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
The other wannabe goat ran to Saudi Arabia after failing to inspire his country to World Cup victory.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by hemartins(m): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
Good heart

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by ecolime(m): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
AImiron:
If na that stoopid desert scam, egoistic bassstard, he will never call anyone to apologize

Zukwanike

2 Likes

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Kellie069(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
That’s how kings do

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Good, Messi have proven time and time again to be an easy going with high level of maturity; despite all he has achieved as footballer than anybody ever lived.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Urheadmaster(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
tongue

During the under 20 world cup when Leo Messi destroyed Nigeria, i hated him up till now tongue

11 Likes

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by jaeyking(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
grin
Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by PinkNature: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
Likes for Ronaldo

Shares for
Thubv
and Messi

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by fredoooooo: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
grin
Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by wittywriter: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
Football/Soccer GOAT!!!

Wittyness

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Kingpele(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
Original goat others are counterfeit...most Great people who earn their greatness and wealth are generally humble but u see those people involved in shady deals like our looting public officers ..they are very arrogant and full of pride

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by 123readygo: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
That ref has never shown Messi any love…
He must be a penaldo apologist

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by kingthreat(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
AImiron:
If na that stoopid desert scam, egoistic bassstard, he will never call anyone to apologize, he will rather rant including his family and his minion toxic fanbase, they all love to rant and e go eventually fix another interview with Piers Morgan to donate more tears. 😂😂

This was the same tournament penadogs were crying hot blood, that it was rigged for Argentina. Sore losers, y’all will rant for ever.

8th ballon d’or is coming later this month. We go press una necks more 😂😂 . IKLMPY

You have a big serious problem

13 Likes

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by BodunSeO: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nice one
Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Ofunaofu: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
A GOAT 🐐 with a good heart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Fearlez: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Talent and humility. Very rare qualities.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by AImiron: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
kingthreat:

You have a big serious problem
How’s my problem your headache….?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by AImiron: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
ecolime:

Zukwanike

I don’t know what that means, neither do I care to know, but I have something for you as well. Ogun lo ma pa e ati awon to nie. Wonma bo bata ofo si enu ona ile e

4 Likes

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Kharol1234: 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
The Goat himself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by ernesco0816517(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2023
I learn alot from this legend (Leo),
God resist the proud and,give grace to the humble.

Love 😘 you Leo,ur attitude off and on the pitch is worth emulating.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by barinedan(m): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2023
Here in Saudi Arabia we don't apologize to anyone for any reason, if you offend us, Piers Morgan is there to grant us interview which is an opportunity for us singlehandedly destroy the reputation of our own club

2 Likes

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by brightleave(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2023
Na my 🐐 GOAT be dat
Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Kingcalls: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2023
And he wasn't banned... if it were Ronaldo, he would have been banned...but because the plan from FIFA was that messi must win it at all cost... they looked the other way

1 Like

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Biola67: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2023
AImiron:
If na that stoopid desert scam, egoistic bassstard, he will never call anyone to apologize, he will rather rant including his family and his minions toxic fanbase, they all love to rant and e go eventually arrange another interview with Piers Morgan to donate more tears. 😂😂

you and your papa no get 0.1% of wealth of that desert scam wey you Dey talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by budget4(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
You too mumu...
AImiron:

1 Like

Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by barinedan(m): 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2023
Here in Saudi Arabia we don't apologize to anyone for any reason, if you offend us, Piers Morgan is there to grant us interview which is an opportunity for us singlehandedly destroy the reputation of our own club.
Re: Mateu Lahos: Leo Messi Called Me And Apologised For The Harsh Words- #Qatar2022 by Kingcalls: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2023
AImiron:

U this psychopath... Ronaldo has the capacity to enslave u and ur entire generation to wash his pants for life...u this low life think u have an opinion... u are nothing but a low life with no future

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rollover Bets To Millions / Cristiano Ronaldo Set To End Year As Top Scorer in world football For 2023 / Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.