Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,215 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss (10290 Views)

Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG / CAN Headquarter Disassociate Itself From Pastors Who Paid A Visit To COZA' / Chris Okotie And Tom Sampson: 2 Nigerian Pastors Who Own Rolls-Royce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by dirtycoin(m): 7:00am On May 28, 2019
Pavore9:
Last year the Rwandan Government closed down more than 700 churches and some mosques to check such excesses.

This is what we need in Nigeria.
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by dirtycoin(m): 7:05am On May 28, 2019
ajon1:
I remember while I was in Abuja in 2006, a pastor told my guardians that I was a witch who was diverting their blessings. They were going through a rough time financially so they invited this new pastor to pray for them. When he arrived,the wife introduced me as her nephew.

As a kid, I was surprised at how he arrived at that conclusion because I'm sure I'm not a witch. I asked him if it's possible to be a witch and not know it. I guess his conscience was disturbing him because all he said was if I get to the village, I should tell my parents to take me to a pastor for deliverance. That was the day I was sent back to my village by my guardians.

That experience has changed my mindset about pastors and their prophecies and anytime I remember it, I still feel sad.

I learnt something though. Parents should give birth only to the number of children they can sufficiently cater for. I'm sure if they had said I was their son, the pastor wouldn't have labeled me a witch.
And whenever things are not working well for you, be mindful of how you run to clerics. Talk to God yourself with all sincerity. He hears.

Your experience made me sad. Sorry for your plight.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by delishpot: 7:21am On May 28, 2019
ajon1:
I remember while I was in Abuja in 2006, a pastor told my guardians that I was a witch who was diverting their blessings. They were going through a rough time financially so they invited this new pastor to pray for them. When he arrived,the wife introduced me as her nephew.

As a kid, I was surprised at how he arrived at that conclusion because I'm sure I'm not a witch. I asked him if it's possible to be a witch and not know it. I guess his conscience was disturbing him because all he said was if I get to the village, I should tell my parents to take me to a pastor for deliverance. That was the day I was sent back to my village by my guardians.

That experience has changed my mindset about pastors and their prophecies and anytime I remember it, I still feel sad.

I learnt something though. Parents should give birth only to the number of children they can sufficiently cater for. I'm sure if they had said I was their son, the pastor wouldn't have labeled me a witch.
And whenever things are not working well for you, be mindful of how you run to clerics. Talk to God yourself with all sincerity. He hears.

Not true, many kids have been tagged witches sucking their mother and fathers wealth. Some are even accused of killing their parents. Those prophets just want to say anything so that they will get money from their magas.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by BanjiRaymond(m): 7:30am On May 28, 2019
Religion is true for the poor, false for the wise, and useful for the leaders.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Waksdabos(m): 7:40am On May 28, 2019
Are we trying to say witchcraft don't exist? Like if you think it exist, share if you don't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by francdec4(m): 9:17am On May 28, 2019
Especially the tales that most of them die young and never pass certain age. Currently in some quarters science is attributing that to the vaso-occlusive crisis (VOC) often seen in individuals having SCD (Sickle Cell Disease). I pity all the kids wrongly labelled and mistreated instead of getting them the urgent medical help their needed in those days and even today in some African neighborhood.

Kingpee2:
I grew up hearing about ogbanje and how most of them are always small toddlers ....
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Kingkun69(m): 9:34am On May 28, 2019
Waksdabos:
Are we trying to say witchcraft don't exist? Like if you think it exist, share if you don't.
i like how we all ignored this rubbish post
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Kinikini: 9:34am On May 28, 2019
But as CAN has identified this a problem ought to support the Government to clamp down on these worship centers and their owners. Unfortunately, CAN will rather shout that such a clampdown is a war against Christendom should the Government moves against the so-called magic centers. Magic practitioners are becoming so prosperous that even private jets are the new toys. Kudos to that Rwanda President, Paul Kagame.

Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/331892-why-we-cant-sanction-pastors-who-accuse-children-of-being-witches-former-can-leader.html
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Akanbiedu(m): 9:43am On May 28, 2019
mu2sa2:
Since witchcraft exists in the bible according to archbishop cletus, and let's face it Christians in Africa live in constant fear of witches, "men of God" justify what they're doing concerning witchcraft as biblical. Without claiming to have the "power" to cast out demons, witches and evil spirits you are doomed as a "man of God" in this part of the world. There's a popular demand for witches and "men of god" are in business precisely for that reason. Take away fear from them the minds of people and the church collapses.

Whao. Right on the money.
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Waksdabos(m): 9:54am On May 28, 2019
Kingkun69:
i like how we all ignored this rubbish post
And you really have time to quote a rubbish post?! Spill over student!
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Pataricatering(f): 5:07pm On May 28, 2019
Christians are too busy faking their persecution and lying about Islamization to be bothered about kids being labeled witches by their pastors ! I wonder when u guys will acknowledge that the practice of Christianity is the main reason kids are being killed , maimed and abused especially in the south - south ! U all keep quiet because your pastors have turned to Demi- gods that you can’t criticize because you are afraid it would lead you to hell !
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Pataricatering(f): 5:11pm On May 28, 2019
Yeah , it depends on how they read the situation - if you are poor and have like ten kids they already know the burden of the children has turned them into a liability so they can claim the biological children are witches - probably look out for who seems like the least favorited child and tag them a witch .
delishpot:

Not true, many kids have been tagged witches sucking their mother and fathers wealth. Some are even accused of killing their parents. Those prophets just want to say anything so that they will get money from their magas.
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Pataricatering(f): 5:18pm On May 28, 2019
CAN OF WORMS , CAN OF WORMS CAN OF WORMS CAN OF WORMS CAN OF WORMS CAN OF WORMS - not heavy on the mouth at all - infact it rolls of the tongue quite effortlessly because they are actually, truly a huge , festering can of worms ! When people like oyedepo commit child abuse by slapping a vulnerable child he accused of witchcraft - what does that make him ? IT MAKES HIM A WORM ! A FAT DISGUSTING BALDHEADED WORM !
Ayotemide:

Read to comprehend, it is very important.

Don't let your mindless fixation on CAN let you pick quotes from top and bottom to shout 'CAN of worms'. O wu wo ju fun enu eh.

Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Lanre0: 6:29pm On May 28, 2019
Christians Association of Nigeria automatically became CAN of worms since when its leadership was hijacked from Onaiyekan by the notorious gun runner / jet owner billionaire Oritsajafor
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by FarmTech(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2019
ajon1:

People can be heartless! But i always beg God to give me a discerning spirit. No wonder without the Holy Spirit, one cannot make heaven. It is the Holy Spirit that will help us differentiate between the good and the bad. Without it Christianity will confuse you the more.
Re: Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss by Ugosample(m): 12:14am On May 29, 2019
mu2sa2:
Since witchcraft exists in the bible according to archbishop cletus, and let's face it Christians in Africa live in constant fear of witches, "men of God" justify what they're doing concerning witchcraft as biblical. Without claiming to have the "power" to cast out demons, witches and evil spirits you are doomed as a "man of God" in this part of the world. There's a popular demand for witches and "men of god" are in business precisely for that reason. Take away fear from the minds of people and the church collapses.
you have said it all

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Thing To Prosper In All Things - Joseph Prince / If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / 5 Reasons You Should Be Thankful To God For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.