Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Children At Makoko, Lagos Celebrate Children's Day - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Children At Makoko, Lagos Celebrate Children's Day (19848 Views)

Igbalaye Sponsors Over 200 Children At Christmas Grotto. / Children’s Day: Itel, NTA Reward Young Writers / TECNO Children's Day 2019 Celebration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Children At Makoko, Lagos Celebrate Children's Day by 9jaRealist: 4:27am On May 29, 2019
solmusdesigns:
smiley

Valuable Real estate been used as slums, Relocate them to Ibejju lekki and build them solid structures and turn this to Africas best water city.. and watch people troop in to catch a glimpse like Venice italy

Relocating this people to an horizontal 4 storeys low cost housing unit is cost effective than the huge Millions of dollars Goverment would Generate..

Tinubu and Chagoury started Eko Atlantic.. Bar beach slum dwellers complained about their sufferings and enviromental hazard to their shanty commuinity but Right now |Eko atlantic is one of the most expensive real estate in west africa with US Embassy toping the list of investors

You can add Maroko, which is now Victoria Island Annex (which includes Oniru)...

Although, it was before my time, heard that the squatters who were slumming in Maroko raised hell and even refused to be relocated to Iilasan and Ikota housing estates as proposed, until the then military government was compelled to resort to forcible eviction and demolition. Hopefully, better judgment will prevail here and it would never have to come to that.
>

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken / A Most Classy Wedding (Pics) / Stage Lights For Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.