Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,616 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

Changes In 2019 Budget Will Have Adverse Affect On ERGP – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Changes In 2019 Budget Will Have Adverse Affect On ERGP – Buhari (236 Views)

2024 Budget Will Achieve 61% Increase In Health Sector To Reduce ‘Japa’ - FCTA / Fuel Subsidy: NAIRAXI To Digitize Public Transport To Mitigate Adverse Effects / Will Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire Replace Osinbajo In 2019 As VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Changes In 2019 Budget Will Have Adverse Affect On ERGP – Buhari by princehighbee12: 12:21pm On May 28, 2019
President Buhari, before assenting to the budget, lamented that the insertion of new projects by the National Assembly, which were not budgeted for would have adverse affect on realisation of objectives of Economic Recovery and Growth Plan, ERGP, of the administration.

But Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, said it was the National Assembly that should decide how federally generated receipts were expended and that the National Assembly had taken that decision. Buhari had said he will engage the leadership of the Ninth Assembly when constituted to address some of the concerns with the budget.

He said: “Of course, some of these changes will adversely impact our programmes, making it difficult for us to achieve the objectives of Economic Recovery and Growth Plan, ERGP. “Although I will be signing this bill, it is my intention to continue to engage the National Assembly to ensure we deliver on our promises.

” Recall that the National Assembly had earlier passed the 2019 budget of N8.92 trillion, against the N8.83 trillion presented by Buhari on December 18, 2018.

The increase of N9 billion in the budget was to cater for security challenges in the country, packages for lawmakers and support for Zamfara State. But President Buhari faulted the increase in the budget, saying: “I would like to take this opportunity to thank the leadership of the National Assembly and, indeed, all the distinguished and honourable members for all the hard work they put in to get us here.

“You will all recall that in December 2018, I presented our 2019 budget proposal with the theme ‘Budget of Continuity’. Our goal was to use this budget to move the economy further on the path of inclusive, diversified and sustainable growth.

“Back then, I proposed a total expenditure of N8.83 trillion to the National Assembly for appropriation, targeting strategic and impactful projects and initiatives. “However, the 2019 budget I will be signing into law today (yesterday) provides for aggregate expenditures of N8.92 trillion. This is an increase of N9.33 billion over our submission.

“This increase reflects changes introduced by the National Assembly. In some areas, expenses we proposed were reduced, while in other areas they were increased.

There were also certain areas where new additions were introduced into the budget. More details of the approved budget will be provided by the Minister of Budget and National Planning. “Of course, some of these changes will adversely impact our programs, making it difficult for us to achieve the objectives of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan, ERGP.”
Re: Changes In 2019 Budget Will Have Adverse Affect On ERGP – Buhari by Samyj247: 12:36pm On May 28, 2019
stupid old man without plans and vision for nigeria if not to dominate with the Fulani hooligans.. always looking for excuse for his failures. how can just 9 billion affect an 8.3 trillion budget.

(1) (Reply)

End Of Term: Okowa’s Rural Agenda Excites Deltans / [news] Lawyer Urges Buhari's Govt To Legalise Prostitution, Gives Reasons / ‘how We Spent N45m To Train 1,000 Primary School Teachers’ -nasarawa State Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.