Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Gbajabiamila Reacts To Electricity Consumers’ Fight With Discos Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Reacts To Electricity Consumers’ Fight With Discos Officials (474 Views)

FG Approves Downward Review Of Tariff For Band A Electricity Consumers / FG Signs 250MW Power Sale Deal With Discos / Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Reacts To Electricity Consumers’ Fight With Discos Officials by hardtoget: 1:08pm On May 28, 2019
Aspirant for the 9th House of Representatives Speakership, Femi Gbajabiamila, has reacted to clashes between staff of the electricity distribution companies and their customers.

Several video clips have emerged online where distribution companies’ officials are seen being beaten by angry customers over estimated billings. Watch here https://thickmatch.com/gbajabiamila-reacts-electricity-consumers-fight-discos-officials-crazy-bills/

Gbajabiamila, while noting this, stated that the House have completed passage of the bill to address estimated billing.

He tweeted, “In the last few days I have watched clips of distasteful exchange of blows between staff of electricity distribution companies and their customers over ‘crazy’ estimated bills.

“I foresaw this situation earlier hence my sponsorship of the Bill to criminalize estimated billing.

“We have completed passage of this Bill in the @HouseNGR to address estimated billing, energy theft etc but for whatever reason it’s still in the @NGRSenate awaiting concurrence and passage.

“I trust my colleagues and I will ensure the speedy passage of the Bill in the 9th Assembly.”
Watch the fight video here https://thickmatch.com/gbajabiamila-reacts-electricity-consumers-fight-discos-officials-crazy-bills/

Re: Gbajabiamila Reacts To Electricity Consumers’ Fight With Discos Officials by Baawaa(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2019
God will surely punish all PDP members, they are ones fighting for DISCO
Re: Gbajabiamila Reacts To Electricity Consumers’ Fight With Discos Officials by lwise(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2019
Wao this is nice.

How can Electricity provider charge you for what you don't consume and expect you not to fight back.
When they bought PHCN from government,there plan is to keep issuing outrageous bill and raking billions monthly without investing a dime.

REV IS COMING!!!
Re: Gbajabiamila Reacts To Electricity Consumers’ Fight With Discos Officials by oz4real83(m): 1:35pm On May 28, 2019
Baawaa:
God will surely punish all PDP members, they are ones fighting for DISCO
u are wrong. In my state,Edo state,the house of assembly which is apc majority are the ones fighting to protect an inefficient disco. They have even passed a bill criminalising energy theft but didn't think about estimated billing and non provision of prepaid meters by bedc. They people are the same,whether pdp or apc.
Re: Gbajabiamila Reacts To Electricity Consumers’ Fight With Discos Officials by MorufuAtanda: 1:39pm On May 28, 2019
This convicted crook and his propaganda. Your twitter don suddenly dey active. grin

(1) (Reply)

APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu / Oshiomhole Was Not On Hand To Shake Buhari Today / Abuja Stadium: A Befitting Honour To MKO Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.