Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu (472 Views)

Why APC Can’t Take Part In Fresh Bayelsa Poll - Lawyer / Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege / Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by Hotfrom9ja: 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nigerian lawmaker Senator Orji Uzor Kalu Thursday said he will run for the office of deputy Senate president regardless of the All Progressives Congress (APC) stance.
“Let me be honest with you even if the party ask me not to run,” Kalu said on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme.

“-I will run on the floor of the House, this is one position I have to run for because you cannot leave the Southeast alone, you can’t leave them behind.”
Kalu, a former governor of Abia State, said his decision to contest the position was to ensure that the Southeast is represented in the Senate leadership
Since the conclusion of National Assembly elections, different members of the ruling APC have declared their intent to take over leadership positions in the legislature when the 9th National Assembly assumes duty.
Ahmed Lawan, a Senator representing Yobe North and Ali Ndume, who represents Borno South senatorial district at the National Assembly have been at loggerheads over the leadership of the 9th National Assembly.
APC leaders have openly supported Lawan and deemed other candidates errant.
While the Senate presidency remained a contest between the lawmakers from the Northeast region of the country, Kalu said his emergence as deputy Senate president will amount to the APC doing the ‘right thing’.

“We (APC) are in the process of doing the right thing and the East will be given a place in the scheme of things,” Kalu said.
“I am asking that the East should be given the deputy senate president. There is a high level of discussions about that and I’m sure that by partisan it would be a law in the House.”

https://www.hotfrom9ja.com/2019/06/apc-cant-stop-me-from-contesting-for.html?m=1

Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by youngestuk(m): 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
grin
Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by Sunofgod(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
Oh how the mighty have fallen...
Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by BuhariAdvocate: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mumu nothing for you guys.
Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by ChristianNorth: 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Mumu nothing for you guys.
Yoruba brand of Islam is something else. Go and stop him
Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by BuhariAdvocate: 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
But What's wrong with you 99% of your comments is based on Islamic religion.
ChristianNorth:

Yoruba brand of Islam is something else. Go and stop him

1 Like

Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by ChristianNorth: 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
You guys are bringing bad name to Islam.
Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by BuhariAdvocate: 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
How I never engage in religious matters even I don't go religious section .
ChristianNorth:

You guys are bringing bad name to Islam.

1 Like

Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
because Islam is a problem to this world!
Re: APC Can’t Stop Me From Contesting For Deputy Senate President - Kalu by ChristianNorth: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
How I never engage in religious matters even I don't go religious section .
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Excavator Helping People Cross Drainage In Oshodi - Lagos / Make Nigeria More Important Than APC – Dino Melaye Tells Ahmed Lawan / Governor’s Aide Under Fire Over “lazy Youths” Comment (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.