Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time (12355 Views)

Canada 2-2 Nigeria (International Women's Friendly) / Canada Vs Nigeria: Women's Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / France Vs Nigeria: Women's Friendly - 8 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by mechanics(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by Walelavender(m): 8:55pm On May 28, 2019
elyte89:

Or 99 team,dt got to d quarter finals, defeated by Brazil 3-4 smiley
Many thanks...'99 team. The likes of Florence Omagbemi and co grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by Skmoda360(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2019
Sonnobax15:
Whether iqbo or not,atleast they ain't puttinq on the biafran jersey but the niqerian attire...so you are free to qo to hell with your tribalism!
Gbayi!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 28, 2019
Go girls...we are behind you all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by Encapsulate: 9:25pm On May 28, 2019
NCAN people, abeg make wuna leave this peaceful thread alone ooo

Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by BULLIONVAN4(m): 9:32pm On May 28, 2019
UP NIGERIA GIRLS!!! the QUEENS of my life. MUM= NIGERIAN WOMAN. SISTER= NIGERIAN GIRL. G.F= NIGERIAN GIRL. so as you can see i'm 100% NIGERIAN than most niggas coz everything about me declares the glory of NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by jihday(m): 10:59pm On May 28, 2019
naptu2:
Super Falcons' record since January
(The senior A team)

China Invitational Tournament

Nigeria 0-3 China

Nigeria 4-1 Romania

Cyprus Cup

Nigeria 4-3 Slovakia

Nigeria 0-1 Belgium

Nigeria 1-4 Austria

Nigeria 3-0 Thailand

Spain Camp

Nigeria 6-1 Selfoss (Icelandic club)

Nigeria 1-2 Canada

Austria Camp

Nigeria 5-1 Haladas Viktoria (Hungarian club)

boss, do you honestly think they stand a chance at the mundial?
Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by kidowu333(m): 11:00pm On May 28, 2019
Nigeria defenders are weak
Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 12:32am On May 29, 2019
jihday:
boss, do you honestly think they stand a chance at the mundial?

Why not? They have an experienced coach, the players are very good and for once they've had a good preparation. The problem is that they are in a very tough group, but did you think that the 1996 Olympic team had a chance against Brazil and Argentina (especially after losing to Togo in Lagos)?

They have as much chance as any other team at the World Cup.

I learnt (as far back as 1985) never to write off any Nigerian team. Nigerian teams can defeat any team in the world and they can lose to any team in the world. I only start assessing a Nigerian team from their first match of a competition.

Nobody gave the Golden Eaglets a chance ahead of China 1985, but they won the competition.

I thought that the Soviet Union had defeated Nigeria during the Miracle of Damman (I had actually left my house because I was depressed and dissapointed), but we came back from 4 goals down and won the game on penalties.

If you had read Nigerian newspapers ahead of USA 1994, you would have thought that Bulgaria would beat us 0-6. All they wrote about was Stoichkov, Kostadinov, Letchkov and how Bulgaria had beaten France, yet we beat Bulgaria 3-0 and topped our group. We even went on to push the star-studded Italian team all the way in the second round. Complete Football had published a terrible article before that World Cup, in which they claimed that Westerhof came to destroy our football!

Nigeria played a friendly match against Togo ahead of the 1996 Olympics. Togo defeated Nigeria at the National Stadium in Lagos and the fans went crazy and rioted. The players could not leave the stadium for an hour after that match. People said that the team was going to disgrace Nigeria, but they beat Brazil in the semi-final and beat Argentina in the final.

All Nigerian newspapers wrote about before the semi-final with Brazil was "Ronaldo this" and "Ronaldo that", but we ended up beating Brazil.

Nobody thought that the Super Falcons would get to the quarter-final of the 1999 Women's World Cup, but they did and they pushed Brazil all the way in that quarter-final.

Just as I've seen Nigerian teams win when nobody gave them a chance, so also have I seen Nigerian teams collapse when it seemed easier to win.

Nigeria and Brazil were 0-0 at half time in the first match of the 1988 Olympics in Seoul and my uncle was already talking about a repeat of the 1968 Olympics in Mexico, when Nigeria drew 3-3 with Brazil. However, Nigeria collapsed in the second half and we lost 0-4.

We thought that Nigeria would do well at the 1987 World Youth Championships. We had a star-studded team that included some of the players that had won the U-16 championships in China in 1985. The team had stars like Nduka Ugbade, Etim Esin, Jonathan Akpoborire, etc. However, we lost our first game 0-4 to Brazil, drew 2-2 with Canada and lost 0-2 to Italy. We were last in our group!

So, you see, you can't just write off any Nigerian team. We have very good players like Oshoala, Oparanozie, Ordega and Okobi. They have played with the best in the world and are very experienced. We also have a coach that has gotten to 3rd position in the 2011 World Cup. The big question is whether he has been able to make the players understand how he wants them to play. However, we have a very difficult group (I wish we had Cameroon's group).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 12:49am On May 29, 2019
Pictures from the match.

Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by obyback: 7:17am On May 29, 2019
success1smyn:
And they ve done just that
Great
Re: Nigeria Vs Haladas Viktoria: Women's Friendly Match (5 - 1) Full Time by jihday(m): 12:36pm On May 29, 2019
naptu2:

Why not? They have an experienced coach, the players are very good and for once they've had a good preparation. The problem is that they are in a very tough group, but did you think that the 1996 Olympic team had a chance against Brazil and Argentina (especially after losing to Togo in Lagos)?

They have as much chance as any other team at the World Cup.

I learnt (as far back as 1985) never to write off any Nigerian team. Nigerian teams can defeat any team in the world and they can lose to any team in the world. I only start assessing a Nigerian team from their first match of a competition.

Nobody gave the Golden Eaglets a chance ahead of China 1985, but they won the competition.

I thought that the Soviet Union had defeated Nigeria during the Miracle of Damman (I had actually left my house because I was depressed and dissapointed), but we came back from 4 goals down and won the game on penalties.

If you had read Nigerian newspapers ahead of USA 1994, you would have thought that Bulgaria would beat us 0-6. All they wrote about was Stoichkov, Kostadinov, Letchkov and how Bulgaria had beaten France, yet we beat Bulgaria 3-0 and topped our group. We even went on to push the star-studded Italian team all the way in the second round. Complete Football had published a terrible article before that World Cup, in which they claimed that Westerhof came to destroy our football!

Nigeria played a friendly match against Togo ahead of the 1996 Olympics. Togo defeated Nigeria at the National Stadium in Lagos and the fans went crazy and rioted. The players could not leave the stadium for an hour after that match. People said that the team was going to disgrace Nigeria, but they beat Brazil in the semi-final and beat Argentina in the final.

All Nigerian newspapers wrote about before the semi-final with Brazil was "Ronaldo this" and "Ronaldo that", but we ended up beating Brazil.

Nobody thought that the Super Falcons would get to the quarter-final of the 1999 Women's World Cup, but they did and they pushed Brazil all the way in that quarter-final.

Just as I've seen Nigerian teams win when nobody gave them a chance, so also have I seen Nigerian teams collapse when it seemed easier to win.

Nigeria and Brazil were 0-0 at half time in the first match of the 1988 Olympics in Seoul and my uncle was already talking about a repeat of the 1968 Olympics in Mexico, when Nigeria drew 3-3 with Brazil. However, Nigeria collapsed in the second half and we lost 0-4.

We thought that Nigeria would do well at the 1987 World Youth Championships. We had a star-studded team that included some of the players that had won the U-16 championships in China in 1985. The team had stars like Nduka Ugbade, Etim Esin, Jonathan Akpoborire, etc. However, we lost our first game 0-4 to Brazil, drew 2-2 with Canada and lost 0-2 to Italy. We were last in our group!

So, you see, you can't just write off any Nigerian team. We have very good players like Oshoala, Oparanozie, Ordega and Okobi. They have played with the best in the world and are very experienced. We also have a coach that has gotten to 3rd position in the 2011 World Cup. The big question is whether he has been able to make the players understand how he wants them to play. However, we have a very difficult group (I wish we had Cameroon's group).

thanks for this very insightful read

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Ghana To Dismiss Coach Rajevac / Bash Ali Was Not Assaulted - Dalung, Sports Minister / Inter Milan Set To Sign Alexis Sanchez Permanently From Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.