Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Violence Erupts In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence Erupts In Ibadan (956 Views)

Violence Erupts In Saminaka Over Damage Of Campaign Billboards / Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano / Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence Erupts In Ibadan by chyz(m): 5:26am On Sep 28, 2010
[size=18pt]Violence erupts in Ibadan as Tokyo threatens showdown[/size]

By Olalekan Adetayo, Ibadan

Tuesday, 28 Sep 2010

Alhaji Lateef Akinsola a.k.a. Tokyo

Violence erupted again in Muslim area of Ibadan, Oyo State capital, on Monday as factional members of the state council of the National Union of Road Transport Workers clashed.

Scores of people were said to have been injured in the clash, the second major one in one month.

Speaking with journalists, the reinstated chairman of the union, Alhaji Lateef Akinsola (a.k.a Tokyo), again alleged that trouble started when policemen led some members of the faction of his rival, Alhaji Lateef Salako (Eleowomo) to dislodge his (Akinsola’s members) in a motor park located in Muslim.

Apart from passers-by who were injured during the clash, the NURTW boss said two members loyal to him were injured in the fracas.

He said that Mr. Adesina Adedayo, who was seriously injured, was still being detained at Ogbere Police Station at press time rather than taken to a hospital for treatment.

In a telephone interview with our correspondent, the state Commissioner of Police, Oyo State, Mr. Baba Bolanta, confirmed the clash but denied police involvement.

“We heard a report of fracas in the area and we sent policemen there. There was a case of vehicles hijacking involving the two factions of the union there. I am not aware that any injured person is detained but I will get across to the DPO now,” he said.

Meanwhile, Akinsola has threatened that his faction will no longer keep quiet while Salako’s faction in collaboration with policemen continue to attack them.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009283143065
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 28, 2010
Muslims again?

The worst thing that ever happened to the Yoruba population.
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by baslone: 7:33am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Muslims again?

Not what you think, Muslim is the name of the area the violence occurred!!! 

chyz:

[size=18pt]Violence erupts in Ibadan as Tokyo threatens showdown[/size]

Violence erupted again in Muslim area of Ibadan, Oyo State capital, on Monday as factional members of the state council of the National Union of Road Transport Workers clashed.

Scores of people were said to have been injured in the clash, the second major one in one month.

Speaking with journalists, the reinstated chairman of the union, Alhaji Lateef Akinsola (a.k.a Tokyo), again alleged that trouble started when policemen led some members of the faction of his rival, Alhaji Lateef Salako (Eleowomo) to dislodge his (Akinsola’s members) in a motor park located in Muslim.

Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by WilyWily5: 7:56am On Sep 28, 2010
Agbero Yorubas
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 28, 2010
baslone:

Not what you think, Muslim is the name of the area the violence occurred!!! 

Oh I see.
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Muslims again?

interesting

i suppose all that ife modakeke violence was also propagated by muslims

i suppose the infamous alao akala - the wors thing to happen to oyo state, is also a musim

gbenga Daniel must also be a muslim, abi?

meanwhile the best performing governor in the southwest and in nigeria is a muslim

i'm suprised that you are towing the path of bigots like davidyln and osisi

i suppose one can also say christianity is the worst thing that happened to ibos - look at the madness going on in the wholly christian southeast

perhaps if ekiti had had a muslim governor. . .

instead u had the likes of fayose. . .

i'm disappointed.

anyway, opinions are free , are they not? tongue

amazing that people who are supposed to hav some modium of intellect are attributing pwer tusssles between political thugs to religion. what will we hear next?
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2010
oyb:

interesting

i suppose all that ife modakeke violence was also propagated by muslims

i suppose the infamous alao akala - the wors thing to happen to oyo state, is also a musim

gbenga Daniel must also be a muslim, abi?

meanwhile the best performing governor in the southwest and in nigeria is a muslim

i'm suprised that you are towing the path of bigots like davidyln and osisi

i suppose one can also say christianity is the worst thing that happened to ibos - look at the madness going on in the wholly christian southeast

perhaps if ekiti had had a muslim governor. . .

instead u had the likes of fayose. . .

i'm disappointed.

anyway, opinions are free , are they not? tongue

amazing that people who are supposed to hav some modium of intellect are attributing pwer tusssles between political thugs to religion. what will we hear next?

Oh so my dear oyb is one of "them"? oti o. tongue

I'll get you baptized ASAP.

I'll take Oni/Fayose's nonsense over your boko harams btw lol
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2010
feel free to add a dash of christian on christian kidnapping and christian on christian violence while you're at it tongue
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by KnowAll(m): 8:51am On Sep 28, 2010
There is no where called muslim in Ibadan, whoever wrote that piece is only trying to stir unwarranted religious bigotry into what is basically a fight between 2 motor tout's henchmen over who controls the motor parks, there is no religious undertone here. Whoever wrote that piece should be ashamed of himself.  undecided
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by Godalone(m): 9:18am On Sep 28, 2010
KnowAll:

[b]There is no where called muslim in Ibadan, whoever wrote that piece is only trying to stir unwarranted religious bigotry into what is basically a fight between 2 motor tout's henchmen over who controls the motor parks, there is no religious undertone here. Whoever wrote that piece should be ashamed of himself. [/b] undecided
There is, i think it is before Odinjo.
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by Akanbiedu(m): 9:25am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Muslims again?

Crazy ashewo. shio
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by otokx(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2010
There seems to be a relationship between poverty and violence.
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by revomind(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Muslims again?

Sad comment.
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by Dotman01(m): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2010
KnowAll:

[color=#990000][b]There is no where called muslim in Ibadan,
. . . Contrary to ur name. . O boi u got it wrong. . . 'Muslim' dey o. . .There is even a very big area known as 'Iyana church'
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan by goksonjay(m): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2010
This Adebayo Alao Akala is the major cause of the mayhem from day one.everybody knows the part the police commissioner has taken to aggravate the issue.mind you,if Tokyo should fight back,the NPF cannot be able to withstand his force.

(1) (Reply)

Angry Youths Stone Gov Sylva / It ‘ll Be A Tragedy If I Lose Pdp Ticket To Jonathan -atiku ! / Wikileaks Lied - Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.