Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again (12698 Views)

Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing / Violence Erupts In Saminaka Over Damage Of Campaign Billboards / Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by stormm: 8:48am On Feb 20, 2012
Eye witness pls: Area boys have started again, serious fighting is on right now in Lagos Island-Adeniji Adele area is a no no!!!

Punch Newspapers @MobilePunch
Fighting reported at Idumota/Adeniji on Lagos Island. If you are in the area, kindly confirm if it is true and what the current situation is
https://twitter.com/#!/MobilePunch/status/171501248472817664
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Beaf: 8:53am On Feb 20, 2012
All hail Tinubu! His boys only need N20 and a sniff of gbana.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 20, 2012
Currently at Broad street Lagos Island, and its so peaceful here,
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by ponana(m): 9:54am On Feb 20, 2012
Abeg any bodythere should update ooo cos i still wan go island today
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by AGATHIAS: 10:01am On Feb 20, 2012
CONFIRMED story. there is serious fighting since yesterday. As at yesterday afternoon i saw one person dead (a ring leader). As at this morning NEW STAR PHOTO in Onola Lagos island has been burnt.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by AGATHIAS: 10:03am On Feb 20, 2012
This pic is taken this morning

Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by baslone: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2012
Started since yesterday morning, word is someone got a chieftaincy title and was shot dead same day- on Saturday!!!

Guess it's all about pay-back!
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 20, 2012
Saw them this morning as I was trying to connect the Carter Bridge from 3MB in a long stretch of vehicles. . . . .those guys were really looking wild and ready to attack and kill at the slightest provoction. May God help us.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by oaom: 10:19am On Feb 20, 2012
fashola must sort out this issue once n for all
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by itodje(m): 10:22am On Feb 20, 2012
THIS IS NOT A GOOD TIME FOR NIGERIANS TO FIGHT CAUSE WE HAVE TO JOIN HANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHT CORRUPTION NOT HUMANS AND KILLING OF FELLOWS tongue shocked lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by megawax8: 10:24am On Feb 20, 2012
ekó ó nì bajé
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by stagger: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2012
Ijogz K:

Currently at Broad street Lagos Island, and its so peaceful here, 

What is the proximity of Broad Street to Adeniji/Idumagbo/Idumota axis? It is not walking distance so why are you trying to discredit the story? Why not take a N100 bike to the affected area and then report back.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by badaru1(m): 10:32am On Feb 20, 2012
I sent my driver out yesterday afternoon,on his way back,my car was smashed to pieces at Adeniji. Thank God that the driver survived without injuries.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by soma042(m): 11:01am On Feb 20, 2012
so my criminals, and taut,
fasholal do somthing ohhhh
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by soma042(m): 11:03am On Feb 20, 2012
so my criminals, and taut,
fasholal do somthing ohhhh
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by ifedun2: 11:15am On Feb 20, 2012
This madness is begining to get out of hands.Gov Fashola should put these thugs where they belong b4 they rubbish his achievements.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by baslone: 11:16am On Feb 20, 2012
Police/ Task force just chased touts pass Aroloyah/Agarawu 10minutes ago. Everybody is running indoors!!!
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Dyt(f): 11:17am On Feb 20, 2012
its crazy
a foto studio wz burnt down at ONALa  STREET *new star photo*
i sneaked outta d house 2 work dis mornin
its rili terrible
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by valencia25(m): 11:42am On Feb 20, 2012
Leave Fashola out of dis, Someone should call JAGABAN to do sumtin asap, JAGABAN is deir pal incase u dnt knw, lolzz
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Umunede(m): 11:59am On Feb 20, 2012
chei, Boko haram oooooooh
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2012
These yoruba thugs no dey tire? I swear, all these yoruba chimps should be secluded, locked up in a cage and let them massacre themselves to death. These people are so classless.

Pathetic things that i have the misfortune to share a country with.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Limaoscar: 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2012
This is not funny at all embarassed
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by mkmyers45(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2012
Umunede:

chei, Boko haram oooooooh

which one concern agbero and BH?
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by oiseworld: 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
waste of resources!!
Why can't we just pack this boys to kad/borno to face boko haram. we are too wasreful in this country,
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Skywalker5(m): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
stagger:

What is the proximity of Broad Street to Adeniji/Idumagbo/Idumota axis? It is not walking distance so why are you trying to discredit the story? Why not take a N100 bike to the affected area and then report back.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by koolkamzzy(m): 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
Dyt:

its crazy
a foto studio wz burnt down at ONALa  STREET *new star photo*
i sneaked outta d house 2 work dis mornin
its rili terrible
AWWWWW so sorry to hear that. BTW i hope they did not burn your Akamba Efut  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by baslone: 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
Bandit C.:

These yoruba thugs no dey tire? I swear, all these yoruba chimps should be secluded, locked up in a cage and let them massacre themselves to death. These people are so classless.

Pathetic things that i have the misfortune to share a country with.

I used to wonder why the Aboki's are so heartless!

You go to their lands, cause provocation, start whining and wondering why the Hausas keep slaughtering you.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by ivoice247: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
I'll keep on saying this, "Nigeria's problem is a very simple problem" but so long we as the citizenry do not change our orientation, then Allah(GOD) will not change our condition. We all know the root of these area boys menace and all other problems facing Nigeria and lagos state is caused by the PDP and ACN who arm these boys and give them police protection, yet we the citizens of Lagos state and Nigeria continue to vote for them in elections.

Believe me when i say this; honest and credible citizens of Nigeria today will never run on the platform of ACN or PDP. Since the day people like Fashola, Ribadu, Reuben Abati, Fola Adeola etc and all those supposedly trusted Nigerians pitched their tent with ACN and PDP; that was the day i knew they had signed a pact with "corruption"

Allah(GOD) states in the glorious quran:- allah will never change a condition which He has bestowed on a people until they change what is in their ownselves. and verily, allah is all-Hearer, all-Knower.
(  سورة الأنفال  , Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #53)

Many nations in the world regardless of their religious beliefs who follow this simple advise will always elect good and trustworthy leaders e.g America, UK, germany, argentina etc
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by Dkingscare(m): 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
Lagos has the highest level of Igbo Smokers. I'm still surprised how somebody will be ready to struck someone to death without having conscience or pity.

Lagos is a place where people hunts for Power.

Eko o ni daru ooo.
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by funshint(m): 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
I'm sure they are PDP thugs trying to spoil d administration of Fashola. Bloody assholes!
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by OneNaira6: 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
AGATHIAS:

This pic is taken this morning

Looking at that picture, is this really what we call a city in Nigeria?  undecided

Back to topic

Oh well, what else is new?
Re: Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again by atasteve: 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ultimately it is the government that can control this situation. I advise they act quickly. May peace rign in our Land in Jesus name Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: Those Calling For Secession Are Nigeria’s Greatest Problem / I Am A Thoroughbred Yoruba Man – Obasanjo / Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.