Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba (10447 Views)

Tambuwal Meets With Nigerian Pupils In Dubai. See Photos / Governors Move To Hijack PDP From Jonathan / Bus Of Ballot Boxes With Pictures Of President Jonathan Intercepted By Police. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
MaziUche0:

Why does Ngwaland breed such criminality?

Kidnapping innocent children!  angry

Yesterday, those robbers mad a child do things with his own mother!  angry angry angry angry angry angry

I am getting tired of it. Forget Biafra, it is time to KILL these Igbo criminals who live amongst us!

Stup1d talk, who knows if some of your family member's is not among the kidnappers.

@OP, this so strange. All my family member's  at Aba has moved to ABJ some sent their kids outta Nigeria already.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by tpiah: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
If you are dealing with critical issues in a sloppy manner like this in your campaign days, what would happen after the elections

good question.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by excanny: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2010
MaziUche0:

Let us not blame all of Abia State!

Only Southern Abia State (Ngwaland) is causing the problem for the whole state.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself, rather than spewing rubbish.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by slap1(m): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2010
Shouldn't a governor be impeached for this? What is the Abia House of Assembly doing about this? They should all be tied to a tree and about a thousand soldier ants poured into their boxers! These guys need to feel a fraction of the pain we feel daily.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by nastydamus(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2010
What we hear on the radio and read in the papers everyday are tales of funds disbursed to purchase equipment and gadgets to raise the status of

the Nigerian Police Force.

Quick question: what are they doing with the funds? The Police men in Abia State, are they also on government payroll? If yes, what have they done

at their duty post that qualifies them for their monthly allowances?

Talk till tomorrow about declaring a state of emergence in Abia State, the truth remains that the Nigerian Police Force hasn't lived up to its bidding,

especially in Abia State.

And what happens after normalcy is returned - the Police relax their watch again?

JEGA should start by suspending Commissioners and ASPs in the region. Any kidnapper caught should smell the full breath of the law.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
I just got the follow-up on Cnn where Aba was describe as the kidnapping capital of Nigeria.the kidnappers have demanded for #20 million while reference was also made to uprisings in the Niger delta.the south south amd south east are really a bring problem to Nigeria
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by ada24: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2010
the funny this is people will still come on here and say the western media only show negative.

I can think of many news stories i have heard about Nigeria THAT ARE TRUE and many people in the same Nigeria don't even know about it.

I now see kidnapping children as the new trend,

these criminals probably think by kidnapping a large group the families will put their money together and pay the 20million - i really feel for the families right now - these are young children - chei words cannot even begin to describe how pathetic this situation is.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2010
ada24:

the funny this is people will still come on here and say[b] the western media only show negative.[/b]

I can think of many news stories i have heard about Nigeria THAT ARE TRUE and many people in the same Nigeria don't even know about it.

I now see kidnapping children as the new trend,

these criminals probably think by kidnapping a large group the families will put their money together and pay the 20million - i really feel for the families right now - these are young children - chei words cannot even begin to describe how pathetic this situation is.
And what does that have to do with the case at hand ?
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Fr3Gaza(m): 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Slap1: Of course a Governor should be impeached. But clearly the House of Assembly is not interested in the wasted lives and the cold fear that has gripped the town.

You cant go out at night to do anything.
While driving (despite the time of day), your heart skips a thousand beats when a vehicle attempts to overtake you.
Gunshots ring out to break the silence of the night, every night.

The other night I heard screams of mercy when someone was being kidnapped in a neighbouring compound. There were loud commands to open the gate, then shots, then boots on the gate, the fence was even brought down. Windows shattered as these boys made sure they clinched their target. Whole operation lasted over an hour.

I can still hear the wife screaming 'Biko nu!' 'Biko nu!'. I'm not Igbo but I know what that means. Her shrill voice was heart wrenching. I do not know for a fact if she was sexually assaulted, but some neighbours would later claim they heard from the children that she was, before Daddy was taken away.

Frantic calls were made to the police, the Bakassi. None showed up. Until 7am. This incident took place just after 1am.

Letters have been posted on some gates and doors, notifying occupants of impending robbery attacks or outright ransom paid to escape being kidnapped.

Tell me, what else requires a state of emergency?
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Wallie(m): 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
I have a feeling that Jonathan’s hands may be tied due to the law as is. Nigeria does not have enough professionalism in her police, judiciary, and legislature to practice true democracy.

What is Jonathan to do if the law calls for the occurrence of X, Y, and Z before a state of emergency is declared but only X is occurring?

What Nigeria needs is a form of democracy or leader that is will to bend certain rules. Otherwise, while the executive or victim is playing and abiding by the rules others will corrupt the system to suit their needs.

For a perfect example, look no further than the injunctions given out by judges. It seems anyone can get away with anything as long as you payoff a federal judge to issue an injunction against questioning or investigating you! Only in Naija!
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
[
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
[
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by slap1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 28, 2010
Fr3Gaza:

@Slap1: Of course a Governor should be impeached. But clearly the House of Assembly is not interested in the wasted lives and the cold fear that has gripped the town.

You cant go out at night to do anything.
While driving (despite the time of day), your heart skips a thousand beats when a vehicle attempts to overtake you.
Gunshots ring out to break the silence of the night, every night.

The other night I heard screams of mercy when someone was being kidnapped in a neighbouring compound. There were loud commands to open the gate, then shots, then boots on the gate, the fence was even brought down. Windows shattered as these boys made sure they clinched their target. Whole operation lasted over an hour.

I can still hear the wife screaming 'Biko nu!' 'Biko nu!'. I'm not Igbo but I know what that means. Her shrill voice was heart wrenching. I do not know for a fact if she was sexually assaulted, but some neighbours would later claim they heard from the children that she was, before Daddy was taken away.

Frantic calls were made to the police, the Bakassi. None showed up. Until 7am. This incident took place just after 1am.

Letters have been posted on some gates and doors, notifying occupants of impending robbery attacks or outright ransom paid to escape being kidnapped.

Tell me, what else requires a state of emergency?
Typical Aba! I'm leaving for my Owerri tomorrow or next. God forbid bad thing! Chineke ekwela ihe ojoo!
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by UyiIredia(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
the news i see hear is depressing  sad >>> why these block-headed kidnappers will do this to
their fellow common man >>> instead of the thieving sycophants we have as leaders still beats me

my heart goes out to all those in Aba >>> in concern, prayers & advice

open advice >>> if u're in Aba >>> why not cool off in a relatively safe place till the situation calms down
                 >>> for stupid leaders >>> it is in times like these u declare a State of Emergencies & deploy soldiers
                 >>> to teach some hooligans good manners
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by tpiah: 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2010
Wallie:

I have a feeling that Jonathan’s hands may be tied due to the law as is. Nigeria does not have enough professionalism in her police, judiciary, and legislature to practice true democracy.

What is Jonathan to do if the law calls for the occurrence of X, Y, and Z before a state of emergency is declared but only X is occurring?

What Nigeria needs is a form of democracy or leader that is will to bend certain rules. Otherwise, while the executive or victim is playing and abiding by the rules others will corrupt the system to suit their needs.

For a perfect example, look no further than the injunctions given out by judges. It seems anyone can get away with anything as long as you payoff a federal judge to issue an injunction against questioning or investigating you! Only in Naija!

your post has nothing to do with any issue anywhere talkless this one.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Wallie(m): 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2010
tensor777:

Must you politicise everything? What has all this got to do with the kidnapping of children??

Politicize “everything”? Check my posting history; you have the wrong person, pal!

And this is not politics! I was simply responding to people questioning Jonathan for not declaring a state of emergency. Now that you know what it has to do with kidnapping children, what do you think the next step should be?
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Wallie(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2010
tpiah:

your post has nothing to do with any issue anywhere talkless this one.

ORLY See ^^^^^
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by tpiah: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^look, your post was daft.

no need to take it personally. Correct your glaring error and move on.

i'm not going to waste my time analyzing what you wrote.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
[
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2010
Wallie:

[s]I have a feeling that Jonathan’s hands may be tied due to the law as is. Nigeria does not have enough professionalism in her police, judiciary, and legislature to practice true democracy.

[/s]Dumb post !
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by UyiIredia(m): 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2010
don't mind GEJ & our misguided leaders >>> the irony is that while fire is in their backyard >>> a good no. of them are busy campaigning
campaigning (as an incumbent president) >>> when u know the peculiar problems of the Nigerian context !!!! >>> demostrated by the
rise of hooliganism in Aba >>> and while (still I repeat & emphasize) >>> spending #700 million on GWR birthday cake >>> i give a wry smile
>>> and funding the 2011 election on a budget deficit >>> a typical case of murdering common sense

my anger as well goes to the kidnappers >>> for misdirected rage & unwarranted disrespect for law & order  angry angry angry

@ misguided people >>> no minus politics ooo !!! >>> e dey this matter yanfu-yanfu
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by MaziUche0(m): 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2010
Am I wrong for this? I put the blame solely on the Ngwa. They should be responsible and bringing the criminal elements of that society to justice.

Other Igbo clans would not allow these bad seeds to sully their name.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by MaziUche0(m): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
Children on school bus abducted in Nigeria
About 15 children have been kidnapped in southeastern Nigeria when gunmen hijacked a school bus, police said on Tuesday.

The incident occurred on Monday in Abia state, said Emmanuel Ojuku, National Police spokesman.

Kidnapping has been rampant in the region for years. In this case, the abductors are asking for ransom money.
Police don't know the whereabouts of the children, and they can't confirm their nationalities.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/28/children-on-school-bus-abducted-in-nigeria/?iref=allsearch
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2010
smiley
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Wallie(m): 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
tpiah:

^^look, your post was daft.

no need to take it personally. Correct your glaring error and move on.

i'm not going to waste my time analyzing what you wrote.

Not anymore than your response exuding typical defensive incoherent ramblings.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Wallie(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

[/s]Dumb post !

Why is it “dumb”? Or are you too “dumb” to string more than two words together?
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by UyiIredia(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2010
seriously this issue touches the core of my being >>> i'm very disturbed about it especially when one thinks about all the fanfare behind
Nigeria at 50 >>> really, it's a laughable irony

>>> now talk aside >>> what is Nairaland & Nairalanders doing about this >>> silver & gold have i none (as peter said) but my advice i have given
_check my earlier post
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Wallie(m): 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2010
tensor777:

Martial law in the affected areas. Why? Because the NPF currently lacks the training and orientation to deal with this type of crime.
It has to be ruthlessly dealt with by the military and the SSS.
Probably right!
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by Ivynwa(f): 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2010
I just saw this in CNN this morning and is still swallowing shame and summoning the courage with which to mumble something when somebody raises the matter.
State of emergency should have been declared in Abia state a long time ago but those greedy politicians can't see such and are all busy canvassing for voters to give them license to keep eating Nigeria clean.
A friend just narrated how his uncle who is a businessman in Aba was recently kidnapped only for them to pay the huge ransom and discover his rottening body under a bridge and how a doctor was kidnapped and still killed after his wife paid a ransom of N30Million. What monstrosity is about to overtake us all and some men that should retire and take care of their grandchildren are all there ogling for money that should be used to make life easier for us all. Are we not tired people?
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by daylae(m): 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
Poor kids. I pray they secure their release.
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by bkbabe97y(m): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2010
Nuke Aba! And investigate Ojukwu, I bet he has a hand in this and is using the ransom money as funds to propel Gen.IBB's Presidential ambition!
Re: Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba by chyz(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Nuke Aba! And investigate Ojukwu, I bet he has a hand in this and is using the ransom money as funds to propel Gen.IBB's Presidential ambition!

Good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia / IPOB Sit At Home Order Live Photo Updates - Pics / Is Nigeria A Developing Nation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.