Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over (718 Views)

Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 / Professor Yemi Osinbajo At The Handing Over Of Muhammadu Indimi CIS / T.A Orji Handing Over Key Of A Sienna To Ikpeazu (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by akinblog: 8:11pm On May 28, 2019
The Chief Steward of Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State, Mr. John Achagwa, has committed suicide at the Presidential Lodge, Government House, Maiduguri barely 24 hours before the handing over ceremony of power to Professor Babagana Zulum.

The Chief steward, who killed himself by hanging on a Neem tree at the Presidential Lodge of the Government, House, was said to have greeted his colleagues at the Lodge at about 1.44pm on Tuesday before he went back and climbed a tree behind the Lodge and hanged himself to death.

A close associate of the Late John Achagwa said the deceased has been complaining about the attitude of his daughter, adding that the late steward has been saying: “This girl will kill me.”

“He came and asked me to delete someone’s number from his phone. I told him I don’t know how to delete it. He left angrily, only for me to hear that he has hanged himself after some few minutes,” he said.

Achagwa, who retired from the civil service about three years ago, was retained by the Governor due to exceptional delicacies. He was also said to have promised to be appointed as Village Head of Dille, Askira Uba local government area.

Other sources at the Government House were of the opinion that the suicide may not be unconnected with the non-payment of his retirement benefit and gratuity, as he has been expecting that he will given his gratuity before the end of Shettima’s tenure.

https://www.nairalink.fun/2019/05/borno-state-governors-steward-commits-suicide.html
Re: Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by akinblog: 8:21pm On May 28, 2019
This is very funny.

The man made final decision.

Am not ready to suffer again.

Sharp Sharp
Re: Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by donbachi(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2019
I tell una say d thing dey air...una think say i dey lie...make dem fumigate nigeria asap.

1 Like

Re: Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by omikel(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2019
E be like say this thing na disease now o.
I no sure say poverty again joor.
Re: Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by akinblog: 8:32pm On May 28, 2019
lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by technuel: 8:36pm On May 28, 2019
What is going on Suicide is now all over Nigeria What is really going on in Nigeria
Re: Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by akinblog: 8:37pm On May 28, 2019
technuel:
What is going on
Suicide is now all over Nigeria
What is really going on in Nigeria

Am tired
Re: Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by TooMuchStuff: 8:39pm On May 28, 2019
Am sad.
A Christian for that matter.
Patience with faith in God's time is only solution.

State government that extremely marginalised Christians politically at that.

RIP
Re: Borno State Governor’s Steward Commits suicide "24 Hours Before The Handing Over by IbyOneGod: 8:59pm On May 28, 2019
I wish yusuf Buhari the same in Jesus name Amen

(1) (Reply)

Rep Abdulmumin Jibrin Reveals His Political Mentor / Akeredolu Receives First Set Of Renew Government Vehicles, Says It's A New Dawn / Group warns Fayemi Over Support For Creation Of Fulani Settlements In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.