Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 (58081 Views)

Shettima & I Will Not Abuse Each Other Like Obasanjo & Atiku - Tinubu (Video) / Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" / Yerima Shettima: I Never Said Igbo Wouldn’t Be President – Arewa Youths Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has told Kashim Shettima, the running mate of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, that he will respond to him when he is handing over to them in 2023.

According to a statement signed by Garba Shehu, the President’s aide on Media and Publicity, Buhari was responding to a flowery speech by Senator Shettima.

Shettima was picked as the running mate to Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in a controversial Muslim-Muslim-Muslim ticket of the APC and was unveiled before the party’s leadership on Wednesday.

“I will respond to your speech when I am handing over to you and your boss. God willing, you are going to win,” Buhari told Shettima.

Buhari said this when he received Shettima and Tinubu at the Presidential Villa shortly after he(Shettima) was unveiled, adding that he is very happy with the choice of the former Governor of Borno State as running mate.

“I wish you the best. Your consistency in the party is very respectful. You served your two terms as Governor and finished well.

“You have kept touch with your base. At every important occasion or event, you are maintaining support for the one who succeeded you. This is commendable,“ he said.

Tinubu and his party went ahead to select Shettima as the vice presidential candidate despite the resistance from Nigerians against a Muslim-Muslim or Christian-Christian ticket.

Buhari, who could not pick Tinubu, a Southern Muslim as as his running mate in 2014, said he is strongly optimistic that the former Lagos State Governor and his running mate will emerge victorious in 2023.

The selection of Shettima has received a wide range of mixed reactions from Nigerians. While some believe that competence should be the focus, others say that Nigeria at this point does not need a same-faith presidency.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/20/ill-respond-to-your-statement-when-handing-over-in-2023-buhari-tells-shettima/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by NyamiriSlayer(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2022
BAT/SHET23 is a goal

120 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Racoon(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2022
Terrorist wants to hand over to a fellow terrorist. No wonder they have not only been rationalising the evil of these terrorists and granting them undeserved amnesty, but also gone ahead to legalised their atrocities in turbaning them as emirs, waziris, etc.

323 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Abfinest007(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2022
Buhari will be shock as usual when inec announce d final result

294 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by ojietu: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2022
From just looking at this shettima of a human being one will know that he must be a wicked creature. Just look at his face abeg. He's capable of creating and funding Boko Haram joor

322 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Racoon(m): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2022
Only terrorists understand themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by LoveNbeloved(f): 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
undecided
Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
I can bet anything that Buhari never said anything like this. This is another concocted news to deceive Nigerians. Buhari is working for Atiku and would have attended the unveiling if he had believed in Tinubu.

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Truthisunique2: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
This is just paper script prepared for him to read

Na actions be the Koko, if you wanted Tinubu to win you won't sanitise INEC which you refuse in 2019 for your own election

You won't be first to celebrate Tinubu defeat in his home state before he reacts

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by MonkeyMods(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
Buhari is deceiving and being deceived

Empty headed man

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Gandollar(f): 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
ojietu:
From just looking at this shettima of a human being one will know that he must be a wicked creature. Just look at his face abeg. He's capable of creating and funding Boko Haram joor
Tankio. He looks like Italian Mafia.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by GodsOwnMan: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy It is a goal cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by GudHardDick: 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2022
Foolish talk!

Buhari meant to say he'll reply them when handing over to peter Obi as the new and the incoming president federal republic of Nigeria come 2023! Inshallah

33 Likes

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Goddey18(m): 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2022
Buhari giving them false hope as usual. Man has abandoned Tinubu completely.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Ngwamankillyou(m): 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
Useless Man you will hand over to Obi and next you are in prison for all the crimes you committed on naira.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Moh247: 12:54am On Jul 21, 2022
cool

Buhari Kanuri brothers are next in line to Presidency... Buhari is fvcking happy

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by juman(m): 6:15am On Jul 21, 2022
Shettima is very good hand.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by jumas(m): 6:15am On Jul 21, 2022
let the world know and let God judge.
Now you will understand what shettima did it to the chibok girls For us to hate Jonathan
Why will you use Christian community to deceive people.

This is the work of God to expose them.

Arise o lord and your enemies be scattered

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by havenz(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
God will fail your plan come 2023.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Bar1941(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
By the special grace of God the most high, the mantle of leadership of the country will be handed to the competent hands of Tinubu and Shettima and Nigerians will witness unprecedented development and peace during that time.

God did not ask which religion our parents believe in before giving us to them, it was when we got to this world that the confusion started, the son of a pastor could have been an Islamic cleric if being given birth by a Muslim parent.

I SUPPORT COMPETENCY REASON I AND MY HOUSEHOLDS ARE SUPPORTING TINUBU. JOIN THE WINNING TRAIN AND STOP THE HATE.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Joshmoore(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
I feel for my Nigerian brothers all over the world, they are being used for hard and unworthy labour because of their selfish leaders

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by BIZNess123(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
tongue

Am a christian and I will vote for Tinubu...

I want someone....who if given power will ensure no lifeless person gets to the seat ..

Tinubu I'd bringing a New wave of Change to Nigeria..

Can't u see most Lagos governors do perform..else they get kicked out..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
Which of his statement is Buhari waiting till handing over time before he will respond to it?
Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Throwback: 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
ojietu:

You mean a wicked creature like the Mauritania extremist that is Obi's running mate who wants to kill all gays and lesbians?

See below.

Baba-Ahmed was a Senator when the anti-gay bill was being considered in the Nigerian Senate. While making his own contribution during plenary in 2014, Baba-Ahmed opined that such ''elements'' should be killed in the society.

''Actually such elements in the society should be killed'' he said

See Obi's defense of genocide below.

'' 2014 to today is about eight years. But that not withstanding, we all have made comments that we believe in and it is allowed. I for one is tolerant of people's views and their lifestyle. This is me. As long as it doesn't affect my interest. For me, we have more critical issues to deal with Today and that is what I will be concentrating on''

Are these the clowns that will rescue Nigeria?
Are these the cold blooded leaders we would have who only look out for their own interests?
So he will be tolerant of corruption and terrorism and banditry which is the lifestyle of some people, "as long as it doesn't affect my interest"?

197 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Bastaadi: 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
Won't happen
Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Jack500: 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
Incoming president inshallah

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by Haopop: 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
Jokers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 by GardenOfGod(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2022
Handing over to Peter Obi grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A New Force Tries To Dismantle The Cabal In Aso Rock - The Nation / Thieves Steal A Whole Bridge In Ohio, USA. Police Baffled, Ask Locals For Help / Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.