Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,955 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You (26899 Views)

Jonathan Also Collected Loan From China, Amaechi Replies PDP Chieftain / "I Rather Quit Politics Than Decamp To APC" - Reno Omokri / CJN Onnoghen: Amaechi Replies Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by fkj950ax(m): 8:20am On May 29, 2019
mrvitalis:
So national politics means joining apc
We have supported someone from the south west
We have supported someone from the north
What else about being nationalistic do you want ...

No tribe invest in other regions more than us ...what can be more nationalistic than that

As it was being in PDP once.
It's more than investing or supporting.
There has to be a single goal, and you stay on it... No shadows.

That's what the Northerns have done since 1940
That's what BAT did with APC/South West.
As I have always said, my cousins from the Eastern part of Nigeria should first and foremost forget the ND/SS/Ibo Agenda being pursued. It has helped splinter the smallest ethnic group in Nigeria to fragments that cannot be a pressure or advocacy group.
The north speaks with many voices, but pursue same agenda. The South West ditto.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by cyprex: 8:20am On May 29, 2019
Osagyefo98:

@bolded Obi is correct.

U are not an Igboman

So what's sad and cheap about it?

Amaechi is a full blooded Igbo man.
Peter Obi and his people have started the division again

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by esosuo: 8:22am On May 29, 2019
ameachi got a point sha , you can't fight everybody and still expect them to support you , the turn by turn syndrome nai dey kill Nigeria ,if one competent man can be there without seeing region division we would be better off

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Indispensable85(m): 8:23am On May 29, 2019
There's no contention about this.Amaechi is far more prominent in national politics than Peter obi.
He was speaker of speaker's forum, he was chair of governor's forum ,he lead the victory of Buhari twice as DG campaign, he's minister now and most likely to be reappointment again because he did very well as transport minister.
Peter obi still needs to do more in national politics.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by jrusky(m): 8:24am On May 29, 2019
Esseite:
Why does National politics to every APC member mean joining the APC?..

- Does it mean that other political parties dont play National politics?

- Does that mean all the Igbos currently in the APC are not playing National politics?

PDP won more states in the last election, but that's not National politics..

Obi is in no competition with Amaechi, as they are trying to smear his name with everything. One thing is, they can never call him a "thief" like Amaechi and his clout.

- One grew into a billionaire via Nigerian politics(looting) in just 3 positions (speaker,Gov,minister)
- The other grew into a billionaire by providing jobs for the people.

Bro anything Amaechi is a disaster and a curse so bro better dont waste your time talking about him. Obi and Amaechi are not a match at all. Amaechi must be mad to be comparing himself to Obi. Amaechi can only claimed better than Obi in looting and corruption because that is the best craft of Amaechi.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Anaedo1: 8:26am On May 29, 2019
[quote author=NonsoWow post=78814085]Amaechi is right though. Peter Obi is light weight in politics. A pretentious effeminate who has been desperately looking for political redemption since Obiano dumped him into irrelevance. Amaechi has been speaker for 8 years, governor for 8 years, and now a federal minister for 4 years and will likely be so for longer. Peter Obi, on the other hand, managed to scrap through 8 years as governor, was even impeached once due to his incompetence and had to bribe obasanjo with one billion naira to be recommended to atiku as a running mate for their failed expedition grin

No doubt, Amaechi towers head and shoulders over Obi in politics. Even comparing their achievements as governors is a no-brainer. Obi was just donating cheques to people to do projects themselves due to his handicapped imagination and overwhelming cluelessness. [/quote

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubts..]

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by mrvitalis(m): 8:30am On May 29, 2019
fkj950ax:

As it was being in PDP once.
It's more than investing or supporting.
There has to be a single goal, and you stay on it... No shadows.

That's what the Northerns have done since 1940
That's what BAT did with APC/South West.
As I have always said, my cousins from the Eastern part of Nigeria should first and foremost forget the ND/SS/Ibo Agenda being pursued. It has helped splinter the smallest ethnic group in Nigeria to fragments that cannot be a pressure or advocacy group.
The north speaks with many voices, but pursue same agenda. The South West ditto.
Whats ur point ? U made no point

Ooh u want us to what exactly ? Support APC ?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Luvlyna(f): 8:31am On May 29, 2019
You're only relevant because Buhari gave you an appointment. I mean you couldn't even deliver your village for him... If Buhari decides to dump you after today, you're a widow

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Billy0naire(m): 8:33am On May 29, 2019
This is NOT Democracy. Tribalism is now official.

APC has destroyed Nigeria. And it is too late, we have reached a point of no return in stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Bridget95(f): 8:35am On May 29, 2019
Front0lane:
Dead brain Igbo Ipob be praising their failure like success even when the failure is glaring to the dead. Imagine any foolish soul comparing the kickback taking bigoted foolish Obi to the honorable minister. Amaechi is not only ahead of Obi in every human n supernatural indices. Obi deserve to be beaten to death for daring to compare the failure he is to an Amechi.

Yoruba man what is your own in igbo affairs,pls focus on sucking the balls of the bullion van cash thief.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 8:35am On May 29, 2019
Kingosytex:
amaechi spoke the plain truth. he has been politically more active the peter obi. no more, no less
Active by mere grace no mean say e get clout, someone they beat black and blue in rivers upon all the Federal might.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by HopeAtHand: 8:36am On May 29, 2019
What Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is saying is plain and simple to understand.

In life, nobody offers you anything. You work hard for it. If SEasterners do not want to be associated with the APC, if they don't want to contribute to the success of the APC at all fronts then they have no business demanding for the presidential slot from the APC. They whole SE including Peter Obi, should continue to Lick Wike's ass in the PDP (who is coincidentally Amaechi's boy). At the end of the day we will know how far.

They say after running, you count mileage.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Centcanada: 8:41am On May 29, 2019
Amechi you are dog that bark when eating bone. You dare not compare your self with Peter 0bi in any way. Both national and state, peter obi surely flood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Lovelyn451(f): 8:43am On May 29, 2019
So they're now fighting for relevance in the national politics....Northerners go don laff tire
Igbo's sorry o
Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by GeneralPula: 8:45am On May 29, 2019
You want us to wake you up from sleep and say come and take, it is your turn? It doesn’t work like that and it will not work that way. So, Peter Obi should close his mouth. He lost an election which I won and that’s why President Buhari, not Atiku will be sworn-in tomorrow as President,” he explained.

Instead of the Beast of no nation to listen & learn what politics is all about, they wept all over the thread. Bitter cola with zero relevance is tackling Amaechi. Somebody that Obiano has delt & still dealing with.
Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Anambralstson: 8:51am On May 29, 2019
Osagyefo98:

@bolded Obi is correct.

U are not an Igboman

So what's sad and cheap about it?
Dumbo you and Nonsowaw your guys agenda to continue dividing Igbo is stale, Otondos no time did Obi said Amaechi is not Igbo, what he said that Amaechi is not from Southeast, when I said you are first-class dumbest on Nairaland, you should've done simple research.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/2023-presidency-peter-obi-attacks-amaechi/amp/

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by madridsta007(m): 8:52am On May 29, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has again lashed out at the Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Peter Obi, for saying that he (Amaechi) is not politically relevant to discuss whether Igbos should have the Presidency in 2023 or not.

Amaechi, who spoke on the sidelines, at an Interactive forum of Maritime Stakeholders in Lagos, said the former Anambra State Governor does not have the credibility to speak on the matter because he could not win the presidential election.

Amaechi also said right from when he became Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly till date his name has been in the front burner of national politics far more than Peter Obi.

Amaechi said that for the Igbos to get the Presidency in 2023, they must be part of “National Politics”.

According to Amaechi, “Peter Obi said I’m not an Igbo man and that I don’t have the locus to discuss whether Igbo Presidency will be or not in 2023. That comment is a very sad and cheap one from him.

“But the truth is that Peter Obi too does not have the locus to speak about Igbo Presidency because he and his party couldn’t win the presidential election.

“Aside from that, it’s most unfortunate that Peter Obi, a man I defeated to become the Chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum(NGF), when we were both governors, can wake up today to say I am not relevant in the polity to talk about national issues when journalists ask me questions about it.

“I think what is important, which I have said to the Igbos severally is that they need to be part of national politics. If they are not part of National Politics they cannot be President.

“National Politics means that an Ikwerre man must have his interest covered by the Igbos If they want to be President. The Yoruba man must have the Igbos cover their interests, the Hausa, Fulani people must also be confident that their interests are covered by the Igbos.

“I support Igbo Presidency. I believe that it’s the Igbo turn to produce the next President of Nigeria because they have not been there before. The country will be unfair to the Igbos if they say it’s not their turn. But it can’t be your turn and you don’t want to fight for it. You want us to wake you up from sleep and say come and take, it is your turn? It doesn’t work like that and it will not work that way. So, Peter Obi should close his mouth. He lost an election which I won and that’s why President Buhari, not Atiku will be sworn-in tomorrow as President,” he explained.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/2023-igbo-presidency-shut-im-relevant-national-politics-amaechi-fires-back-peter-obi/

Peter Obi clearly said, “South East”.

This slave of the Fulanis has twisted it to “Igbo man”.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by BeijinDossier: 8:53am On May 29, 2019
Shut up this poor ikwerre clown. Who is Amaechi? What is his value even in his Rivers State, not to talk of SS?

Amaechi is a pure tout when compared to corporate class called Obi.

Even in Rivers State, APC is not there, with exception of Edo, there's no APC in SS of Nigeria.

Wike respects Obi as his superior both in age and political prominence. Obi was already a 2nd term governor when Wike was a minister of state. Overall Obi and Wike flows very well.

PDP is a more nationalistic party than APC.

- Chino

[s]
HopeAtHand:
What Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is saying is plain and simple to understand.

In life, nobody offers you anything. You work hard for it. If SEasterners do not want to be associated with the APC, if they don't want to contribute to the success of the APC at all fronts then they have no business demanding for the presidential slot from the APC. They whole SE including Peter Obi, should continue to Lick Wike's ass in the PDP (who is coincidentally Amaechi's boy). At the end of the day we will know how far.

They say after running, you count mileage.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Udopasa: 8:56am On May 29, 2019
adadike:
Ne kwanu Amaechi? Amaechi, d day u wrestle back rivers state from wike is d day you can come and sit with real men like Obi. For now, you are irrelevant
Same to Peter Obi. The day he will wrestle Anambra State back from Obiano is the day he will be counted among men.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Anambralstson: 9:03am On May 29, 2019
cyprex:

Obi never said Amaechi is not Igbo, he only said he is not from Southeast
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/2023-presidency-peter-obi-attacks-amaechi/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 9:03am On May 29, 2019
Kingosytex:
amaechi spoke the plain truth. he has been politically more active the peter obi. no more, no less
activeness is shit if it has no impact on the people who voted them into power...

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 9:04am On May 29, 2019
Anambralstson:

Dumbo you and Nonsowaw your guys agenda to continue dividing Igbo is stale, Otondos no time did Obi said Amaechi is not Igbo, what he said that Amaechi is not from Southeast, when I said you are first-class dumbest on Nairaland, you should've done simple research.

Is like your searchlight is now on my post.

I read and understand fully well.

So Amaechi lifting what obi didn't said will go down well with meaningful igbo sons helping him to drive his point and that of Obi home.

So am still right.
Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by lucianohase(m): 9:05am On May 29, 2019
Inasmuch as I don't like Amechi but I think he spoke the truth about the ibos getting involved in national politics.
Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 9:05am On May 29, 2019
SmellingAnus:
Amaechi also said right from when he became Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly till date his name has been in the front burner of national politics far more than Peter Obi.

Ameachi is very correct on the above response...
For negative or positive gains of his people? Its not about how active one is, if it has no impact on the people. Think about it. Amaechi was mostly in the news for negative reasons.
Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has again lashed out at the Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Peter Obi, for saying that he (Amaechi) is not politically relevant to discuss whether Igbos should have the Presidency in 2023 or not.

Amaechi, who spoke on the sidelines, at an Interactive forum of Maritime Stakeholders in Lagos, said the former Anambra State Governor does not have the credibility to speak on the matter because he could not win the presidential election.

Amaechi said that for the Igbos to get the Presidency in 2023, they must be part of “National Politics”.

According to Amaechi, “Peter Obi said I’m not an Igbo man and that I don’t have the locus to discuss whether Igbo Presidency will be or not in 2023. That comment is a very sad and cheap one from him.

“But the truth is that Peter Obi too does not have the locus to speak about Igbo Presidency because he and his party couldn’t win the presidential election.

“Aside from that, it’s most unfortunate that Peter Obi, a man I defeated to become the Chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum(NGF), when we were both governors, can wake up today to say I am not relevant in the polity to talk about national issues when journalists ask me questions about it.

“I think what is important, which I have said to the Igbos severally is that they need to be part of national politics. If they are not part of National Politics they cannot be President.

“National Politics means that an Ikwerre man must have his interest covered by the Igbos If they want to be President. The Yoruba man must have the Igbos cover their interests, the Hausa, Fulani people must also be confident that their interests are covered by the Igbos.

“I support Igbo Presidency. I believe that it’s the Igbo turn to produce the next President of Nigeria because they have not been there before. The country will be unfair to the Igbos if they say it’s not their turn. But it can’t be your turn and you don’t want to fight for it. You want us to wake you up from sleep and say come and take, it is your turn? It doesn’t work like that and it will not work that way. So, Peter Obi should close his mouth. He lost an election which I won and that’s why President Buhari, not Atiku will be sworn-in tomorrow as President,” he explained.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/2023-igbo-presidency-shut-im-relevant-national-politics-amaechi-fires-back-peter-obi/
oga we know..... Cheap things and people with questionable characters are more acceptable... U are a compromised man, cold hearted and calumny thrives in u... Substandard goods are easily accessible, so it's easier to separate the fruits from the thorns.. In this case obi is a fruit to behold and u whereas is a visible thorn that should be weeded off...

Please for the records play... Don Carlos &Gold.. Prophecy and thank me later..
Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 9:07am On May 29, 2019
cyprex:

You far from the truth oga.

Obi is right and in order.
Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Wantedmiller: 9:08am On May 29, 2019
kutchs:

Life is not all about politics my dear. There are many outside politics doing far better and more relevant to the society than those like Amaechi in politics.
Peter was well known in Nigeria and the business community before he became governor and I'm not sure many knew Amaechi before he became speaker of the RSHA.

Ameachi may be a minister but Obi is more reckoned than he's.

My dear..... Everything about life is Politics

more reason Peter Obi abandoned everything and joined politics.

in one way or the other you must attach yourself to it.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by HopeAtHand: 9:08am On May 29, 2019
BeijinDossier:
Shut up this poor ikwerre clown. Who is Amaechi? What is value in Rivers State, not to talk of SS?

Amaechi is a pure tout when compared to corporate class called Obi.

Even in Rivers State, APC is not there, with exception of Edo, there's no APC in SS of Nigeria.

Wike respects Obi as his superior both in age and political prominence. Obi was already a 2nd term governor when Wike was a minister of state. Overall Obi and Wike flows very well.

PDP is a more nationalistic party than APC.

- Chino

[s][/s]

Mr. Bill Gates, how are you. I know you're so rich you have to become a photographer in Rivers state government house. All the best.

Whatever is running in your head is your wahala but wether you accept reality or not, Ameachi is instrumental to Atiku/Obi being consigned to defeat. He had already meted out such earlier to GEJ/Sambo four years back. Whatever is paining you people should pain you wella.
Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 9:08am On May 29, 2019
tysontim:

Chibuike Ameachi, from Igbo part of Rivers married and Ibo woman from Imo state. In all ramifications Amaechi is Igbo.

If he is coming out for president Igbo will support him. Especially with Tinubu's blessing.

Sorry but that not true
Rotimi is not an Igbo man and the name doesn't sound Igbo in anyway.
You not getting ur facts right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect / Why Senators May Oppose Buhari’s $1bn Security Equipment Fund -saraki / 100 Days: Governor Seyi Makinde's Remarkable Achievements And Roadmap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.