Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,725 members, 7,844,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria (8077 Views)

Manchester United Celebrate Nigeria Independence Pics / Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. / Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by anonimi: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2010
batiatus:

God gave nigeria abundat resources. I doubt if there is any country wt d can of resources like nig. Every country in d world hv its problem some are natural disaster, war, poverty ours is[b] BAD leadership and this bad leadership is as a result of lust for power and money [/b]

like sey the leaders dropped from Mars shocked
you better register to vote and convince others to also register otherwise be ready to continue whining forever about BAD leaders.
when we register enmasse and they know we will vote and determine their fate they will start taking our needs more seriously. until then let's keep dreaming.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by seanet02: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2010
celebrating 50 years of MONUMENTAL FAILURE
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2010
smiley
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
We are not where we wanna be but it could have been worse

We should celebrate hope because me I will make my billions($) in this country
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by ucnduka(f): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2010
Truly I wld luv 2 see oct 1st pass without the elaborate noisemaking I keep hearing n 'seeing' everyday but d only reason I may celebrate is because somehow I'm certain dat due to d rising number of young people who r aware of d probs facing this country, talking abt it and looking at the possibilities of CHANGE, mayb there's still hope for Nigeria. I wld just hold on 2 dat and celebrate even though it's still in d level of 'talk-talk'.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by sessy2(f): 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2010
NEPA is very steady, our roads are very good, Education is free for all, dollar dat was 1 to 1N is now 150N to 1, our police dnt take bribe, there's good security no armed robbers, kidnapping is impossible,satan himself wants to be president,Airfare is d cheapest in the world, water flows every where so lets celebrate.yeye celebration. sad sad sad
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by DrKnow1(m): 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2010
We have no reason to celebrate at all. Your post should have read 50 reasons why we should not celebrate 50 years of independence.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by ifele(m): 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2010
Happy Independence Nigeria. Happy birthday to the nation. May we prosper in Jehovah and Jesus name.Amen
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by honeric01(m): 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aisha/Jarus

Who deleted my comment? did it contain any insult? why was it deleted? undecided
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by tpiah: 4:45am On Sep 30, 2010
Your post should have read 50 reasons why we should not celebrate 50 years of independence.

cant argue with that.

the 50 should be celebrated with fasting, prayer and sackcloth, no less.

not fanfare.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by dipo4info: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2010
Some dey say e go still beta, wen. U know say a fool @ 20 is a fool 4ever & Nigeria is 50 now is only God go help us
Note
stop calling Nigeria giant of Africa,Nigeria is ant of Africa.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2010
smiley
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2010
smiley
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 9:02am On Sep 30, 2010
Tensor777

I was freakin out when readin all your comments, but i decided to keep readin just for readin sake. But i 'broked down' and couldn't read more further when i read these statement from you below:

tensor777:

I for one congratulate all the leaders who have kept the country united and independent for the past 50 years!

Tell you what, I don't think you typed these in your right manners, i guess a white gurl was sittin right next to you and was massagin the HELL out of your prick that took you to fantacy. And i believe you typed these from fantacyland (No offence, just my taught) !!!
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2010
tensor777:

From Honeric

Why are some Nigerians so sick in the head? okay if you don't want to celebrate your existence, you can as well be mourning while those who wants to celebrate are allowed to celebrate.
don't forget to put ashes on your head, wear rags too, and you must not eat for the whole of Friday.
pathetic people.

Seconded. Some people here really need psychological assessment! Imagine being upset that people want to celebrate their country's once in a lifetime anniversary??

Sorry bro, there's defference between celebratin 'Existence' and celebratin 'Achievement' !!!

I thank and give all praise, glory and honour to God for keepin me alive. (That's existence)

And when others are celebratin their wealth that they have Achieved (houses, cars, etc), and i have none of those things, then what do you want me to celebrate about? undecided Celebrate all the sufferin i'v been sufferin for yers? undecided

PATHETIC !!!

Funny how you guys hap your a$$ in UK and think those in Nigeria are findin it easy the way you guys do !
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 30, 2010
smiley
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 30, 2010
smiley
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 9:31am On Sep 30, 2010
tensor777:

Really Madam Tpia can't you be more original than that? There is time for everything. If you want to look miserable on other days that is your own cup of tea.
But certainly friday should be an occasion for joyous celebration!

Yes, friday should be an Occasion day for joyous what? = CELEBRATION. GOOD! What is the celebration all about? undecided

When you invite som1 to come and celebrate with you, won't you tell him/her what you'r celebratin? undecided

U can insult me from now till infinity, but im sorry it has no harm on me b'cos after i finished readin your post below:

tensor777:

Keep freaking out that not everyone shares your doom and gloom attitude about yourself and Nigeria. lipsrsealed

I checked my account balance in the bank and it's stil dsame intact amount that was there before !!!

So you can keep advertising your ignorance, maybe fools like you will like to patronise you !!!
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2010
tensor777:

Oddly enough I have to say I appreciate your honesty. However we all have to be hopeful and prayerful about Nigeria as being negative never leads one anywhere. undecided
You never know what tomorrow would bring.

Like i said before "e go better" abi tensor?. Nigerians are getting tired of that crap saying. I like you sha, you'd rather go down fighting.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by honeric01(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2010
Ranoscky:

Sorry bro, there's defference between celebratin 'Existence' and celebratin 'Achievement' !!!

I thank and give all praise, glory and honour to God for keepin me alive. (That's existence)

And when others are celebratin their wealth that they have Achieved (houses, cars, etc), and i have none of those things, then what do you want me to celebrate about? undecided Celebrate all the sufferin i'v been sufferin for yers? undecided

PATHETIC !!!

Funny how you guys hap your a$$ in UK and think those in Nigeria are findin it easy the way you guys do !

It's not by force to celebrate, like i said before, you can choose to mourn for the whole of the day, no one is stopping you from doing that, just because you don't have a car should not make you stop those who were able to get a car from this same country, you don't even know if i also have a car, but that should not stop me from celebrating and appreciating the fact that this country is still together even with all the bad news and all that.

you have more years to mourn, Friday is just ONE DAY, you can choose to mourn for the whole day or maybe take a sleeping pill for 24hrs OK?

which one would you like to choose? the mourning or the sleeping pill option?

for your information, i am home and have been home, so quit the UK, US shit you are saying, I BET YOU, YOU CAN NEVER BE MORE NIGERIAN THAN ME.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2010
honeric01:

I BET YOU, YOU CAN NEVER BE MORE NIGERIAN THAN ME.

I pray i never am. (more than you i mean)
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Odunnu: 10:17am On Sep 30, 2010
Ths is one reason why i'm crazy abt u.
Hw far wt that guy?
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2010
tensor777:

Oddly enough I have to say I appreciate your honesty. However we all have to be hopeful and prayerful about Nigeria as being negative never leads one anywhere. undecided
You never know what tomorrow would bring.

You can keep the honesty to yourself bro, im not interested !

Im just givin an example that led to the question: What are celebratin?
I can afford a car if i want to. Car is not my problem for now, i gat other important things to do with money!

When last did you expirience power failure? compare the livin standard over there to that of Nigerias,  the roads, the street lights, how the hospital system operates, how their police treate their citizen, how their govt system works. After that, you compare it to Nigerias and see to yourelf the reason why Nigeria is not worth celebratin.

WHY MUST YOU CHASE A RAT WHEN YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE ?.?.? undecided (i hope u understand where am goin)

Other countries are on cause to celebrate b'cos they have achieved ALOT (even ghana). And you'r here sayin Nigeria has every cause to celebrate. Why not celebrate F9 in school, and say after all, u attended school that some people are not opportuned to attend? Have you also asked the poor people if they'll also celebrate or not? Look at you openin an account name here in NL and contributes your opinion to topics everyday (month end, you pay internet fee). Don't you know that there'r those that can't even afford your internet fee in a month for feedin, not to talk of havin a computer?

Have you even asked how much that was budgeted for the so called celebration? That money will be shared amongst themselfs and nobody else. Is the common man goin to have a 'dime' on it? undecided then what is he celebratin with? the Nylon of pure water? why must i celebrate our leaders corruption with my sweat earned money when i know they are not the one that gave me the money, and i have 'NO TAKE' in the govt budgeted money? undecided RUBBISH !!!

I no blame you sha. you dey UK (well organised country) dey write rubbish for Nigerian site that you know not how the citizens are sufferin. and im even here typin the whole pages of the bible for one useless comment!!!  sad
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by honeric01(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2010
bidemi12:

I pray i never am. (more than you i mean)

the last time i checked, your profile says "Savannah GA" where in Nigeria is that? undecided

Odunnu:

Ths is one reason why i'm crazy abt u.
Hw far wt that guy?

babe, i dey jare, that guy said today again, but not online, waiting for him, can you come on FB? lets talk through FB
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2010
honeric01:

the last time i checked, your profile says "Savannah GA" where in Nigeria is that? undecided

babe, i dey jare, that guy said today again, but not online, waiting for him, can you come on FB? lets talk through FB

What the hell is he talking about? so because i live abroad that makes me less nigerian or that i have lost touch with my roots? think again bro. but l agree you are very nigerian; a typical one for that matter.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by honeric01(m): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^

You are the confused one here, you live 2,000 miles away and you get fed with negative news about Nigeria on a daily basis, yet you have the gut to say those living under the same "negativity" you watch and listen to all day in US should not celebrate, if we choose to celebrate, fine it's our call, like i said, it's not a force thing, if you don't see anything to celebrate about, why not mourn from now till thy kingdom come?

we have used almost the whole year to whine, mourn and nag, tomorrow's just 1 day to at least appreciate the fact that we call the shots ourselves, be it negative or positive calls, all i know is that it's still Nigerians that call the shots.

One more thing, no one is saying we have arrived, but even in our "miserable" stage, there should be a time to at least appreciate and reflect on the few good things about the country, if you can't appreciate the little you have achieved, you will never appreciate much when they start coming.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 11:04am On Sep 30, 2010
honeric01:

It's not by force to celebrate, like i said before, you can choose to mourn for the whole of the day, no one is stopping you from doing that, just because you don't have a car should not make you stop those who were able to get a car from this same country, you don't even know if i also have a car, but that should not stop me from celebrating and appreciating the fact that this country is still together even with all the bad news and all that.

you have more years to mourn, Friday is just ONE DAY, you can choose to mourn for the whole day or maybe take a sleeping pill for 24hrs OK?

which one would you like to choose? the mourning or the sleeping pill option?

for your information, i am home and have been home, so quit the UK, US poo you are saying, I BET YOU, YOU CAN NEVER BE MORE NIGERIAN THAN ME.

My broda,

I wasn't referin to u. I saw that your post initially but refused to reply b'cos everybody with his or her own opinion.
But i did when Tensor seconded it, but you can see i was also referin back to him and not you (check the quote). Moreover, i used mysef as an example in terms of not havin a car and a house. Truely my broda, i don't have a car but i can get one if i wish but that is not my problem for now b'cos i have other things to do with money than buyin a car!
Interms of house, i live and pay my rent of which nobody helps me in doin it niether did i beg anybody for it. Celebratin togetherness is a very joyous ceebration of which i mysef will love to be among. But what is the need of celebratin togetherness when we don't love one aonther? when we can't help one other? when some of us see each other as an OUTCAST (talkin about the leaders)?.?.? Is that how other countries sees themselves? undecided

I choose the mournin option, and i'll keepin mournin Nigeria untill she recovers from her slumber, thanx !!!
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by honeric01(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^

Good to know you have finally chose an option (the mourning option).

please i would like to know when you are likely to stop mourning, one more thing, those who mourn don't eat, nor drink, i hope you are not eating and drinking? if you do, then you are a big hypocrite.

lastly, if you want a better Nigeria, don't sit on your butt, go out there, register, vote, compel people to go register, vote and make sure they defend their votes.

if we have just 10 fasholas as governors in Nigeria, trust me, this country won't remain this way, whether you like it or not, we need more physical work like the one he's doing, and i pray come 2011, we will at least get 5 of his likes as governors.
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2010
my broda

don't even talk about the defendin of their vote. Those bas-tards (our leaders) already knows whom they'll select as president. they just use votin as cover up. Can u imagine a country where you'll waste your time and effort standin on cue to vote for whom you wished for president, after all set and done your vote will not count? Na today? undecided
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by honeric01(m): 11:31am On Sep 30, 2010
^^^

That is not true, have you ever voted and defended your vote before?

do you know what voting and defending your vote means?
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by favouredjb(f): 11:31am On Sep 30, 2010
Even though we have being thrown fifty years behind,we still have to thank God,not celebrating admist fanfare thvough,cos0 we0 are not a war thorn nation,seiraleone,somalia,liberia etc even in our diversity we re still one,irs enough to be thankful for
Re: 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria by anonimi: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2010
honeric01:

lastly, if you want a better Nigeria, don't sit on your butt, go out there, register, vote, compel people to go register, vote and make sure they defend their votes.

kudos for the above. let's spread the message far and wide to the extent that even the deaf will hear it and the blind will see it and ACT on it.

honeric01:

if we have just 10 fasholas as governors in Nigeria, trust me, this country won't remain this way, whether you like it or not, we need more physical work like the one he's doing, and i pray come 2011, we will at least get 5 of his likes as governors.

we also need legislators who can WORK their fat pays and receive our complaints as their CONSTITUENTS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila's Conviction : Here Is The Truth (pictures Attached) / Senate Confirms The Appointment Of New Service Chiefs / Pics: Biafrans Storm 10 Downing Street This Afternoon In Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.