Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London (3664 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala, And Governors Exchange Words Over $20billion Missing Fund / How The President And Governors Steal From Security Votes / Nigeria Needs Only Female Presidents And Governors For The Next 24 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Avenir(m): 8:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
The National Chairman of the Peoples Dem-ocratic Party (PDP), Dr. Okwesilize Nwodo, left Nigeria yesterday to attend a two-day conference on Nigeria’s Golden Jubilee holding in London on Monday and Tuesday.

According to a statement signed by the Special Assistant, Media, to the PDP Chairman, Mr. Ike Abonyi, President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to deliver a keynote speech at the summit. But THISDAY learnt last night that the President may not be attending the summit because he was scheduled to use the opportunity to see the Bristish Prime Minister whom he had already seen during the G8 summit in Canada.

The summit will also be attended by about 18 state governors and over a dozen ministers as well as strategic chief executives of agencies and commissions in the country.
The statement said issues expected to be discussed at the conference included power, infrastructure, corruption, health, education and agriculture.

Jonathan has come under attack for allegedly jacking up the N600million proposed for the golden jubilee celebration by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua regime to N10 billion.

But denying the accusation, Information and Communications Minister, Prof. Dora Akunyuli, had said the committee for the celebration put together by the late President Yar’Adua had proposed the sum of N10 billion. She, however, did not say how much President Jonathan had approved for the celebration.

According to the statement, Nwodo is scheduled to have interaction with a cross-section of members of PDP in London where he is expected to intimate them with his reform agenda for the party particularly the new registration policy being put together to sanitize the party.
The PDP chairman is expected back in the country by weekend.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=176892
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
na wa oo!!
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by mamagee3(f): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2010
Why should the birthday be celebrated in London?

I think this is another attempt and way to waste money from the government.

So, One can't celebrate his birthday in Nigeria anymore?

What Nonsense!
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Ibime(m): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2010
Make dem invite us now . . .
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by oloritinu: 12:50am On Jun 29, 2010
wait o, se london = nigeria or nigeria= london.is jonathan retracing back how nigeria got independence , which one is he, zik, awolowo or ahmadu bello. the guy na wowo and no plan for nigeria,i think he's confused because he never thought he could get to the position, all of them just have one means to waste money.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by oloritinu: 12:52am On Jun 29, 2010
wait o, se london = nigeria or nigeria= london.is jonathan retracing back how nigeria got independence , which one is he, zik, awolowo or ahmadu bello. the guy na wowo and no plan for nigeria,i think he's confused because he never thought he could get to the position, all of them just have one means to waste money.

guys, but i heard the journey has been postponed.   guess he's been made to realise his foolishness
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by SUKKIE(m): 1:03am On Jun 29, 2010
Proposing N10billion to celebrate a terminally ill 50 year old baby!O ga gan o! angry
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by yemi2000(m): 3:47am On Jun 29, 2010
What are we celebrating.People are hungry and suffering
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Beaf: 4:08am On Jun 29, 2010
The statement said issues expected to be discussed at the conference included power, infrastructure, corruption, health, education and agriculture.

Sounds very much like a conference, not a celebration. What is wrong with our press men? At which kain party do people discuss "power, infrastructure, corruption, health, education and agriculture"? Na wa!
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Rmc1(m): 5:35am On Jun 29, 2010
IS THAT SO ??
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by elowa: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2010
Why do it in London? They shd have arranged to go to the moon instead
Can't remember Cameron bringing his people to discuss about UK in Nigeria
Yeye politicians alwaz looking for a chance to escape the chaotic state of the nation
Someone shd pls remind them they wont be able to use their sirens and horsewhips on the road while in London
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by CarlosVent(m): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2010
dis is nice.nw dey wil obey d rules nt like anambra state where anytin goes.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Confusion: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2010
well i hope this party in london and mega spending will only mean free visa to all nigerians becos its our birthday
but if i common naijas not invited then i know that they are out there to eat money
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2010
Beaf:

Sounds very much like a conference, not a celebration. What is wrong with our press men? At which kain party do people discuss "power, infrastructure, corruption, health, education and agriculture"? Na wa!
as if they can't do the so-called CONFERENCE in nigeria instead of wasting taxpayers' money to organise such in a foreign land.
yemi2000:

What are we celebrating.People are hungry and suffering
mama-gee:

Why should the birthday be celebrated in London?

I think this is another attempt and way to waste money from the government.

So, One can't celebrate his birthday in Nigeria anymore?

What Nonsense!

exactly my opinion without any sentiments.
Ibime:

Make dem invite us now . . .
Us ke ? It's strictly for ''Very important public office looters''
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by 9jawear(m): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2010
there is nothing to rejoice about,nigeria @ 50 is nothing to ordinary masses.we are spending billions on an occasion,when millions of nigerians are jobless,roaming the streets,crime is on the increase,girls have no jobs resorting to prostitution,and some oldies,pot bellied looters still want to loot and chop our money,no way,goodluck should do the unthinkable and declare october 1st as an international day of mourning for nigeria,nigeria is a failed state,we are failing everywhere, see ghana,ghana is growing,while we are still deceiving ourselves that we are the Giant of Africa.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by dipotech: 8:53am On Jun 29, 2010
Why is the conference holding in London and not in Nigeria, The issues of Power, Infrastructure, Health, Corruption etc should not be politicized, why PDP chairman if it's not a way of siphoning or wasting our money again? I think they should sit down and think on how the country can be moved forward rather than wasting our resources.

May God forgive them if they have done all these out of their selfish interests.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

as if they can't do the so-called CONFERENCE in nigeria instead of wasting taxpayers' money to organise such in a foreign land.exactly my opinion without any sentiments.Us ke ? It's strictly for ''Very important public office looters''

you beat me to it

maybe they felt they would realize how useless they all are if they discussed "power, infrastructure, corruption, health, education and agriculture" in a place where "power, infrastructure, corruption, health, education and agriculture" are not issues because there is a competent govt

viva uncle joe cheesy cheesy

long live the govenor's forum tongue tongue

business as usual undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by dipotech: 9:04am On Jun 29, 2010
well i hope this party in london and mega spending will only mean free visa to all nigerians becos its our birthday
but if i common naijas not invited then i know that they are out there to eat money

I hope we should all think about this if truly Nigeria belongs to all and sundry.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 29, 2010
dipotech:

Why is the conference holding in London and not in Nigeria, The issues of Power, Infrastructure, Health, Corruption etc should not be politicized, why PDP chairman if it's not a way of siphoning or wasting our money again? I think they should sit down and think on how the country can be moved forward rather than wasting our resources.

May God forgive them if they have done all these out of their selfish interests.
beaf has a perfect answer for you
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 29, 2010
Our "so-called" leaders are at it again:

* 10 Billion earmarked for Celebration - ABSOLUTE WASTAGE  angry
* Taking celebration or watever to London - ABSOLUTE WASTAGE angry angry

When lots of folks out der r impoverished, dilapidated roads, poor infrastructure. When are we gonna grow up as a Nation. . . its really disheartening to hear all this crap.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by snowdrops(m): 9:31am On Jun 29, 2010
Please all Nigerians in London should find out the venue of this show of shame.

We should go there and protest vehemently. We should picket that venue.Lets bring yet again the plight of millions of Nigerias to the worlds` attention.

Its because of the devastation these leaders have caused Nigerians that most Nigerians ran overseas to make ends meet.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 29, 2010
@ Snowdrops,

Seconded by myself. . . nice 1
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2010
snowdrops:

Please all Nigerians in London should find out the venue of this show of shame.

We should go there and protest vehemently. We should picket that venue.Lets bring yet again the plight of millions of Nigerias to the worlds` attention.

Its because of the devastation these leaders have caused Nigerians that most Nigerians ran overseas to make ends meet.
that is if nigerians in london can take up the responsibility just like the protest that marked the G8 summit in canada.not a bad idea !!
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2010
Nigerian leaders are d product of Nigerian society!  African system of thought is problematic and non-progressive. African 'closed culture' will only sustain African enslavement in d age of globalisation. Our leaders are mere animals and animals lack d basis for rationality.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by beknown(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2010
Venue of the secret celebration:
Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, W1K 7TN
Telephone: +44 (0)207 499 6363

More details of location in London:
http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/longh-grosvenor-house-a-jw-marriott-hotel/

As I write this, many responsible London based Nigerians are jamming the hotel switchboard with telephone calls.

Great Nigerians and friends of Nigeria please let us scupper this corrupt waste of Nigeria’s funds. Call Grosvenor House Hotel on +44 (0)207 499 6363, query whether the conference is ongoing and request the number of their manager/ complaints department. State that you intend to register your protest in writing, try and get as many details as they will give out and post it here.

Do something about this, don't wait for others to do something.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 29, 2010
beknown:

As I write this, many responsible London based Nigerians are jamming the hotel switchboard with telephone calls.

Great Nigerians and friends of Nigeria please let us scupper this corrupt waste of Nigeria’s funds. Call Grosvenor House Hotel on +44 (0)207 499 6363, query whether the conference is ongoing and request the number of their manager/ complaints department. State that you intend to register your protest in writing, try and get as many details as they will give out and post it here.

thanks for the info.more power to your elbow.
long live federal republic of nigeria.
woe be to those ruining us !!!!
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by eros(m): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2010
beknown:

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/longh-grosvenor-house-a-jw-marriott-hotel/

Great work. Can we also call from Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by beknown(m): 10:59am On Jun 29, 2010
eros:

Great work. Can we also call from Nigeria?

You can call from anywhere in the world.

As many people that call, the Hotel Receptionist and Telephone System will be put on overdrive and maximum capacity. The workers will be stretched beyond reasonable capacity.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2010
Ahan you people should leave them nau! They said they are sourcing for investors! cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Rmc1(m): 11:52am On Jun 29, 2010
beknown:

Great job there my guy, may god bless people like you who fight 4 the good of our country nigeria

and may  fire burn those looting and destroying nigeria for their selfish interest.
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2010
Ujujoan:

Ahan you people should leave them nau! They said they are sourcing for investors! cheesy cheesy
rotflmao. . .investors indeed !!!!
Re: Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London by trublu1(f): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

rotflmao. . .investors indeed !!!!

nah so,

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers / PDP Wins Buruku Federal Constituency Seat In Benue, As APC Wins Online / Picture Of The New N100 Centenary Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.