Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! (817 Views)

Pay Attention To his Ugly Whispers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 12:50am On May 29, 2019
I greet you all with the best form of greetings by saying Asalam Alaykum Waramatullahi Wabarakatuhu.

I testify that indeed there is NO god, deity, creature, desires and emotions worthy of being worshipped except Allah; azawajal. Allah, The One, Allah; The Eternal. Allah; The First without a beginning and The Last without an End. The One who begets NONE and never beggotten. He; azawajal created us all and we (human race) spread accross the entire university.

I also bear witness that Mohammad (PBUH) is His messenger, His servant and Rahmah to the entire universe.

As to what follows. Islam is everywhere and Muslims are proudly contributing professionally to building every nation in which we leave.

By the Mercies of Allah, I would be presenting to you a photo-documentary of Masjids and Mussallas in Calgary, Alberta and if Allah bless me and I am able to travel round Canada, I would also be presenting to you, whispers from Masjids across other provinces in Canada too.

TO START, A SMALL LESSON ABOUT CANADA AND ALBERTA (Source, Wikipedia)

Canada is a country in the northern part of North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometres (3.85 million square miles), making it the world's second-largest country by total area. Canada's southern border with the United States, stretching some 8,891 kilometres (5,525 mi), is the world's longest bi-national land border. Its capital is Ottawa, and its three largest metropolitan areas are Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. As a whole, Canada is sparsely populated, the majority of its land area being dominated by forest and tundra. Consequently, its population is highly urbanized, with over 80 percent of its inhabitants concentrated in large and medium-sized cities, with 70% of citizens residing within 100 kilometres (62 mi) of the southern border. Canada's climate varies widely across its vast area, ranging from arctic weather in the north, to hot summers in the southern regions, with four distinct seasons.

Calgary is a city in the Canadian province of Alberta. It is situated at the confluence of the Bow River and the Elbow River in the south of the province, in an area of foothills and prairie, about 80 km (50 mi) east of the front ranges of the Canadian Rockies. The city anchors the south end of the Statistics Canada-defined urban area, the Calgary–Edmonton Corridor.[13]
The city had a population of 1,267,344 in 2018,[14] making it Alberta's largest city and Canada's third-largest municipality.[7] Also in 2016, Calgary had a metropolitan population of 1,392,609, making it the fourth-largest census metropolitan area (CMA) in Canada.[9]
The economy of Calgary includes activity in the energy, financial services, film and television, transportation and logistics, technology, manufacturing, aerospace, health and wellness, retail, and tourism sectors.[15] The Calgary CMA is home to the second-highest number of corporate head offices in Canada among the country's 800 largest corporations.[16] In 2015, Calgary had the highest number of millionaires per capita of any major city in Canada.[17] In 1988, Calgary became the first Canadian city to host the Winter Olympic Games.
Calgary has consistently been recognized for its high quality of life. In 2018, The Economist magazine ranked Calgary the fourth-most liveable city in the world in their Global Liveability Ranking.[18] Calgary is classed as a Beta global city by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network.

2 Likes

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 12:54am On May 29, 2019
Kindly drop by once in a while to see which Masjid/Musalla I am featuring at any time.

We won't rush the thread as Canada is a huge country. Bi'ithnillah, I would travel to everywhere and bring you sights and sounds from Baitulllah here.

I say Marhaba...

3 Likes

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:38am On May 30, 2019
I present to you Akram Jumah; The largest Masjid in the whole of Calgary. It has a School, a food bank, we care center, indoor and outdoor sports, large parking spaces that easy get filled and so on.

2 Likes

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:39am On May 30, 2019
The masjid

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:40am On May 30, 2019
Parking area

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:40am On May 30, 2019
Parking lot

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:42am On May 30, 2019
Interior

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:43am On May 30, 2019
Interior, showing the mezzanine floor where the sisters pray

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:44am On May 30, 2019
Interior

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:45am On May 30, 2019
Exterior

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:45am On May 30, 2019
The Masjid

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:47am On May 30, 2019
The Imam's office

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:48am On May 30, 2019
Large outdoor space!

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by olajide21: 2:50am On May 30, 2019
I hope you enjoyed the summer pictures of our first Masjid.

stay tuned for more pictures from more masjids and mussalas

2 Likes

Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by weirdarkhitekt(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nice post! How is Canada and are you practicing architecture over there? I'd like to discuss more with a senior colleague and a fellow alumni of FUTMinna
Re: Whispers From The Masjids - A Photo-documentary Of Masjids/musallas In Canada! by Mommyeve: 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ma shaa Allah a very beautiful sight

(1) (Reply)

Every Words Of Muhammad Were Divinely Inspired! / How I Came To Islam! / Polygamy In Harmony In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.