Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa (22089 Views)

Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) / Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by blacknp(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2019
Davash222:
So, over 180M Nigerians, only 20M smokes weed??

Too poor, we need to increase our consumption rate please. We need to show our African brothers we are not mate in anything.
Fake news nobody polled me,we insist we are more and demand our allocation from the United Nations,smoke weed and understand like Brother Moses.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by DarkJeddi(m): 1:13pm On May 29, 2019
ExAngel007:
20.8 million that's much.

why are we always first at the wrong things
With a population of 200M,what were you expecting.. undecided

The more the population,the more the weed smokers..
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by Afonja007: 1:21pm On May 29, 2019
Kingosytex:
atleast marijuana has inspired many 9ja artistes. the likes of burna boy, sample ekwe, danfo drivers, naira marley et al are living witnesses. the hit songs jogodo, am i a yahoo boy? are products of "igbo" inspiration...
if you see the day danfo drivers come Austria oboy their igbo no here oooh they can smoke from morning till night
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by majamajic(m): 1:26pm On May 29, 2019
martineverest:
he said percentage of population...not population

he spoke mathematically

I know , let me break it down to u , Nigeria is about 140 Millon with 20 million hemp smokers, Ghana has 2millon hemp smokers that's about 10% based on number of Nigerians smoking, 10% average of 140milion is 14 million that's why I told and ask him that Ghana population is above 14million , meaning in average Nigeria one in 7 Nigerians smoke hemp, Ghana is about 30 Millon in population , meaning in every 15 Ghanians one smoke hemp, thanks
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by martineverest(m): 1:29pm On May 29, 2019
majamajic:

I know , let me break it down to u , Nigeria is about 140 Millon with 20 million hemp smokers, Ghana has 2millon hemp smokers that's about 10% based on number of Nigerians smoking, 10% average of 140milion is 14 million that's why I told and ask him that Ghana population is above 14million , meaning in average Nigeria one in 7 Nigerians smoke hemp, Ghana is about 30 Millon in population , meaning in every 15 Ghanians one smoke hemp, thanks
Ur info is wrong......naija population is 200 million as at beginning of the year. use that to calculate the percentage...Ghana population is same with Lagos :25 million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by omooajisnooni: 1:34pm On May 29, 2019
tstx:
According to the just-released report Global Cannabis Report: 2019 Industry Outlook, Nigeria leads Africa in marijuana consumption followed by Ethiopia. The report by New Frontier Data, an analytics company specializing in the cannabis industry, places Nigeria in first place in the continent with 20.8 million Cannabis users.

Top 10 List of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries in Africa
The report ranked Nigeria number one Africa in marijuana consumption with 20.8 million users followed by Ethiopia’s 7.1 million.

The report further ranks Egypt and DR Congo third and fourth with 5.9 million and 5 million users respectively.

In seventh place is Sudan with 2.7 million weed smokers followed by Madagascar’s 2.1 million users. Ghana has 2 million marijuana users.

New Frontier Data notes that “the purpose of the report is to support operators and investors in guiding business strategy by providing a macro view of cannabis use and legalization trends globally.”

Egypt and DR Congo rank third and fourth with 5.9 million and 5 million users respectively.

Sudan, which is ranked seventh has 2.7 million marijuana users followed by Madagascar’s 2.1 million users. Ghana has 2 million marijuana users.

Least marijuana consumers in Africa
The African countries with the least number of marijuana users include Zimbabwe, Malawi, Niger and Zambia with 1.1 million, 1.2 million, 1.2 million and 1.4 million users respectively.

Source:: https://listwand.com/nigeria-tops-list-of-highest-marijuana-consuming-countries-in-africa/

Congratulations
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by brenister10: 1:50pm On May 29, 2019
TalkTalkTwins:
Na lie grin

How will Naija consume more weed than Jamaica?

You see those people, na human chimneys grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9505438_tmpcam1250303435_jpeg2c2d12febdb12c0db91736a2c22ce7ee

Jamaica na Africa? You talk too much
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by aspiring44: 1:53pm On May 29, 2019
[quote author=Kingosytex post=78817407]atleast marijuana has inspired many 9ja artistes. the likes of burna boy, sample ekwe, danfo drivers, naira marley et al are living witnesses. the hit songs jogodo, am i a yahoo boy? are products of "igbo" inspiration... [/quote

Definitely, the psychiatric hospitals will be filled up in some years.

Drug kills.........]
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by MorufuAtanda: 2:09pm On May 29, 2019
Yoruba Muslims like Ifagbo die. grin
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by eguarojeona: 2:30pm On May 29, 2019
tstx:
According to the just-released report Global Cannabis Report: 2019 Industry Outlook, Nigeria leads Africa in marijuana consumption followed by Ethiopia. The report by New Frontier Data, an analytics company specializing in the cannabis industry, places Nigeria in first place in the continent with 20.8 million Cannabis users.

The report ranked Nigeria number one Africa in marijuana consumption with 20.8 million users followed by Ethiopia’s 7.1 million.

The report further ranks Egypt and DR Congo third and fourth with 5.9 million and 5 million users respectively.

In seventh place is Sudan with 2.7 million weed smokers followed by Madagascar’s 2.1 million users. Ghana has 2 million marijuana users.

New Frontier Data notes that “the purpose of the report is to support operators and investors in guiding business strategy by providing a macro view of cannabis use and legalization trends globally.”

Egypt and DR Congo rank third and fourth with 5.9 million and 5 million users respectively.

Sudan, which is ranked seventh has 2.7 million marijuana users followed by Madagascar’s 2.1 million users. Ghana has 2 million marijuana users.

The African countries with the least number of marijuana users include Zimbabwe, Malawi, Niger and Zambia with 1.1 million, 1.2 million, 1.2 million and 1.4 million users respectively.

Obviously,we are close to 200million.

Source:: https://listwand.com/nigeria-tops-list-of-highest-marijuana-consuming-countries-in-africa/
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by eguarojeona: 2:38pm On May 29, 2019
Obviously,we are close to 200 million.I don't even think the figure is accurate.
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 29, 2019
When did they count them? The number is not correct, what about those weedies at guykee joint, list not included. Need recount.
tstx:

Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by tstx(m): 2:46pm On May 29, 2019
omooajisnooni:

Congratulations
thanks??
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by BULLIONVAN4(m): 2:56pm On May 29, 2019
DREagon:
Those statisticians that carried out the analysis only did it to make us look bad, they should have make use of percentage not the actual figures, We are the most populated country in Africa so what do they expect,
Divide our population into 10 different countries and Divide the 20 million into 10, then you will see our new rank.

But naija people dey kpom!!
Let me assist with the arithmetic:- Nigeria Population=NP. Marijuana Smokers=MS NP=200million, MS=20.8million, %NP=20.8million by 100 divided by 200million= 10.4%, %NP=10.4%, that is to say that only 10.4% of nigerians smoke marijuana. GHANA POPULATION= GP, MARIJUANA SMOKERS=MS GP=25million, MS=2million, %GP=2million by 100 divided by 25million=8%, %GP=8%, that means that only 8% of ghanaians smoke marijuana.
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by Guest14(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2019
Tetrahydrocannabinone (cannabis aka weed) does not in any way makes you smarter as some people believe. It actually reduces the IQ, it makes you dumber, studies show.
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by KingWarri: 3:17pm On May 29, 2019
Davash222:

Too poor, we need to increase our consumption rate please. We need to show our African brothers we are not mate in anything.
ur mumu no get part 2...
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by majamajic(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2019
martineverest:
Ur info is wrong......naija population is 200 million as at beginning of the year. use that to calculate the percentage...Ghana population is same with Lagos :25 million

even as at that Nigeria stands at 1 .0 and them 1.25 ,

we still ahead

cos it will take them 250millon people to meet up with our 10 Millon hemp smokers in 200m , they are 25millon with 2 Millon hemp smokers, of which u know that about 100, 000 are Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by martineverest(m): 3:29pm On May 29, 2019
majamajic:

even as at that Nigeria stands at 1 .0 and them 1.25 ,

we still ahead
yeah..I noticed that when u did the calculation
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by AngryParrot1: 3:53pm On May 29, 2019
Turns out the plant is medicinal. undecided
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by Juliusdking(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2019
Davash222:

u well
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by Fhemmmy: 5:15pm On May 29, 2019
Useless and dumb report, what is the population of Nigeria and all other nations in Africa?
When you want to report something like this, look at the per capital usage data and not just the usage because that will be a wrong way of looking at the data based on the populations of the nations in Africa.
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by sweetgala(m): 5:30pm On May 29, 2019
Kingosytex:
atleast marijuana has inspired many 9ja artistes. the likes of burna boy, sample ekwe, danfo drivers, naira marley et al are living witnesses. the hit songs jogodo, am i a yahoo boy? are products of "igbo" inspiration...

You forget their granfada Baba 70. Anikulapo
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by sweetgala(m): 5:33pm On May 29, 2019
2fine2fast:
Rubbish statistics...
Where is South Africa?
More than 50% of my colleagues there had
tasted Igbo before they left high school.
It is even legalized there.
So they mean 2 in every 10 Nigerians smoke
weed?
RUBBISH.

I was thinking same, weed is like their cigarette in SA
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by oceaneverdry77: 7:06pm On May 29, 2019
Kingosytex:
Pls u mean Igbo(tribe) or what?
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by oceaneverdry77: 7:36pm On May 29, 2019
No wonder,, I talk am b4. That That Name NIGERIA is originated from that word (marijuana). U check am
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by jbblues24(m): 9:24pm On May 29, 2019
People always told me be careful of what you do And dont go around breaking young girls' hearts And mother always told me be careful of who you love And be careful of what you do cause the lie becomes the truth. cool
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by meobizy(f): 9:49pm On May 29, 2019
Nobody interviewed me, my neighbours or any of my close and distant relatives.
This ‘study’ or survey is pure falsehood.
The idiots only guesstimated using our high population.
Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by tstx(m): 8:22am On May 30, 2019
jbblues24:
People always told me be careful of what you do And dont go around breaking young girls' hearts And mother always told me be careful of who you love And be careful of what you do cause the lie becomes the truth. cool

The Greatest Ever

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops List Of Highest Marijuana Consuming Countries In Africa by booksrite(f): 2:18am On Jun 29, 2019

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Genital Herpes: Symptoms, Causes, Risks, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment / Ben Ayade: If You Wear Face Mask, No Need For Social Distancing (Video) / Rats Chewed Her Toes... Is There Cause For Alarm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.