Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,848 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

You Too Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Too Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost (307 Views)

Testimonies From Day 5 Of RCCG's Holy Ghost Congress / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Mentally Challenged Woman Healed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress - Autoreportng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Too Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost by herlecks(m): 5:38pm On May 29, 2019
You Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost

Acts 4:31
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

At conversion when believers put their faith in Jesus by believing the gospel, immediately they receive the Holy Ghost and a renewed spirit even though the senses does not feel it, this is called baptism of the Holy Ghost, in this does the Holy Ghost baptises us into the body of Christ or His Church. The Holy Ghost makes His home inside this renewed spirit but He is locked up in there. The believer is filled when he surrenders his will totally to Christ, when he desires in his heart to walk according to Christ's word. Being filled with the Holy Ghost means that the Spirit of the Lord has broken forth or come from within the spirit of the man to fill his human spirit. This is likened to having in a cup just a drop of water, when this cup is full to the brim with water, we say the cup is filled. The human spirit is the cup, the Holy Ghost is the water. We must reject some false teachings out there that all believers have all the Holy Ghost there is at conversion, this is deception of Satan to lock the Holy Ghost within, enslave believers and keep them powerless. In fact, the Holy Ghost must fill our human spirit for the work of sanctification or baptism by fire to fully begin. There is another falsehood out there, that baptism into the Holy Ghost is the same with being filled, they are confused about this because sometimes when the Lord fills the believer He also baptises him. These are two separate experiences but it pleases the Lord to carry them out once for some very few believers. Believers baptised into the Holy Ghost are always filled, even to overflow. This can be likened to having a cup filled with water but it does not run to overflow, this is being filled and should be experienced by every believer. But then suddenly a large tank of water from the outside is poured into such cup it becomes full and overflows, the cup is continually filled, surging and running over that others might drink of the Living Water, we call this the overflow anointing or baptism into the Holy Ghost and it is only for the work of ministry. Baptism into the Holy Ghost is only carried out by Christ Jesus and is a call to ministry in the body of Christ, and is given only to vessels which has been prepared by the Lord for many years for His service, whereas infilling of the Holy Ghost can be done by ministers, yea, by laying on of hand (Acts 9:17). Being filled has to do with the anointing within, while baptism into the Holy Ghost has to do with the anointing without or power or overflow anointing.

What must we do to be filled? If we are positioned for God's blessing God can direct His ministers to fill us by laying on of hand. Matthew 5:6; Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. This is another way, firstly to receive we must;
1. Be dedicated to Christ.
2. Have an inner thirst or hunger to be filled! Anointing does not come cheap, it always comes with a price, yea.
3. Pray to the Father to fill us in Jesus name. Ask and it will be given. Ye receive not because ye ask not.
4. If our intention is not to grow in righteousness or closer to Christ, it is impure and what we seek will not be given.
5. Confess and forsake every last known sin. Let there be a deep commitment or absolute surrender to Christ.
6. Do restitution and keep self clean from defilements.
7. Immerse self in study of scripture and pray more frequently. Let us draw closer to the Lord and seek His presence always and everywhere. This is the positioning.
Secondly, let the believer wait patiently upon the Lord and not expect his needs met in a second. It is God's will that we are all filled and He withholds nothing good from his children. Matthew 7:7-11; Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

These are the signs of being filled. Romans 14:17; For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Righteousness, peace and joy! For most believers, unexplainable joy and peace of the spirit is their sign of initial filling (Acts 13:52) even though this joy quickly wears away as they drop into sin, others feel nothing at all in their spirit. But there is an increased hunger for God's presence, a desire to worship God, a deep sense of the indwelling presence of the Holy Ghost (which must not be mistaken for bodily feeling), easiness to obey the words of scripture, praying becomes natural and comes with ease, God's mind is easily discerned, gifts of the Spirit manifesting almost without the believer's knowledge, easiness in believing the words of scripture, easiness to forsake sin, inner thirst to listen to God's word preached, and the scripture becomes more understandable, very clear. Let believers stick to their simplicity of faith because being filled launches us into the spiritual realm, and we become very open to God's truth and also to Satanic deception. Let us watch therefore and be careful what sort of "truth" we believe. Every "truth" that is not from the Bible must be rejected, lest we get deceived by demons. We must take note that after the initial filling we have a choice to make whether to be continuously filled or to sometimes blackout. We are commanded to be filled always, Ephesians 5:18; And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit. But how? Colossians 3:16; Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. By meditating in the word, singing spiritual songs in our heart, and praying without season ever drawing closer to the Lord.
Re: You Too Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost by greatnaija01: 6:04pm On May 29, 2019
wow... a great read BUT.... its really confusing.....

if your 7 POINTS to receiving the Holyghost is CORRECT then kindly show proof of each point in ACTS 2 and 3 where they received the Holyghost, and in other places in the book of acts.... the HOLYGHOST COMES TO CLEAN YOU UP.... He does not need you to clean up before He can enter your life... He is the HOLY ghost... meaning, anywhere He enters He makes it HOLY.

RESTITUTION is not also part of it o..... ELSE PAUL NEEDED TO RESTITUTE PLENTY.... and many of the others.

the other points too.... they are somehow because the Scripture calls the Holyghost a GIFT.... so we do not do ANYTHING to receive the gift apart from being BORN AGAIN.... thats all. Infact, a person needs the HOLYGHOST BEFORE THEY CAN BE DEVOTED to GOD or HUNGRY FOR THE SCRIPTURES... or any other thing... without the Holyghost, IT IS ALL NEVER GOING TO WORK. EVEN JESUS COULD DO NOTHING WITHOUT THE HOLYGHOST.
Re: You Too Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost by herlecks(m): 6:41pm On May 29, 2019
greatnaija01:
wow... a great read BUT.... its really confusing.....

if your 7 POINTS to receiving the Holyghost is CORRECT then kindly show proof of each point in ACTS 2 and 3 where they received the Holyghost, and in other places in the book of acts.... the HOLYGHOST COMES TO CLEAN YOU UP.... He does not need you to clean up before He can enter your life... He is the HOLY ghost... meaning, anywhere He enters He makes it HOLY.

RESTITUTION is not also part of it o..... ELSE PAUL NEEDED TO RESTITUTE PLENTY.... and many of the others.

the other points too.... they are somehow because the Scripture calls the Holyghost a GIFT.... so we do not do ANYTHING to receive the gift apart from being BORN AGAIN.... thats all. Infact, a person needs the HOLYGHOST BEFORE THEY CAN BE DEVOTED to GOD or HUNGRY FOR THE SCRIPTURES... or any other thing... without the Holyghost, IT IS ALL NEVER GOING TO WORK. EVEN JESUS COULD DO NOTHING WITHOUT THE HOLYGHOST.
You read not properly. The topic is "You can be filled with the Holy Ghost" not "You can receive the Holy Ghost." Only those who have the Holy Ghost can be filled. You should read the first paragraph again.

And don't be deceived, restitution is a crucial part of repentance. Restitution wherever necessary must come before confession. What if I still have my brother's stolen goods with me while I pray to God to forgive my stealing habits? Will He listen? No. He will first say, "return those stolen goods, get rid of it." That is restitution.

Luke 19:8
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

This is true repentance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Too Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost by herlecks(m): 9:22am On Jun 27, 2019
Re: You Too Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2019
herlecks:
You read not properly. The topic is "You can be filled with the Holy Ghost" not "You can receive the Holy Ghost." Only those who have the Holy Ghost can be filled. You should read the first paragraph again.

And don't be deceived, restitution is a crucial part of repentance. Restitution wherever necessary must come before confession. What if I still have my brother's stolen goods with me while I pray to God to forgive my stealing habits? Will He listen? No. He will first say, "return those stolen goods, get rid of it." That is restitution.

Luke 19:8
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

This is true repentance.
This is good.

More Spirit!

1 Like

Re: You Too Can Be Filled With The Holy Ghost by herlecks(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
This is good.
More Spirit!
Amen

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Someone Is Smoking / Why Are These Books In The Bible And Not Others? / COZA: How Prophet T.B Joshua Trapped Me In Synagogue For 14 Years, Raped Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.