Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,232 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:11 AM

Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) (2539 Views)

Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) / Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) / Petrolex Mega Oil City, Ibefun In Ogun State (Photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 7:38pm On May 29, 2019
SEKONDI-TAKORADI, a city comprising the twin cities of Sekondi
and Takoradi. It is the capital of Sekondi – Takoradi
Metropolitan District and the Western Region of Ghana. Sekondi-
Takoradi is the region's largest city and an industrial and
commercial centre. It habours Ghana's second largest sea port/habour. It is presently the oil city of Ghana with a booming Economy. It is very serene, peaceful, orderly and well organized city. You can't say you have visited Ghana without visiting this wonderful twin City......SEKONDI-TAKORADI WELCOMES YOU ANY DAY.

1 Like

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by rusher14: 7:41pm On May 29, 2019
Let me see whether you will lie.

1 Like

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 7:55pm On May 29, 2019
SEKONDI-TAKORADI

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 8:05pm On May 29, 2019
When you visit Ghana, Try and explore the other beautiful cities and regions and don't only base in GREATER ACCRA REGION .........

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 8:18pm On May 29, 2019
To Travel or know anything about Ghana's oil city, ask me here.... that's my hood.

1 Like

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by chrisagyei: 8:32pm On May 29, 2019
good publicity and nice pics,op,are you a Ghanaian?
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:46pm On May 29, 2019
Ghanaian's that hates seeing Nigerian's progress more than them.Even some of the landlords have special prices for Nigerian Tenants. Everything is fricking expensive........ But in all of the above mentioned, they av good food,,especially sea foods,steady light and ofcuz water.

2 Likes

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by chrisagyei: 8:49pm On May 29, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
Ghanaian's that hates seeing Nigerian's progress more than them.Even some of the landlords have special prices for Nigerian Tenants. Everything is fricking expensive........ But in all of the above mentioned, they av good food,,especially sea foods,steady light and ofcuz water.
hahaha
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by chrisagyei: 8:58pm On May 29, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
have you been to Ghana to to experience this before if I may ask?
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 9:03pm On May 29, 2019
Nice Beaches for vacation and relaxation

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 9:10pm On May 29, 2019
ReneeNuttall:

My dear friend, you have made a mistake by generalizing it.....so far as I am concerned, Nigerians in Ghana have a very good relationship with Ghanaians and love exist deeply.....for hate to exist before a Nigerian and a Ghanaian, then one is at fault.

1 Like

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 9:16pm On May 29, 2019
chrisagyei:
good publicity and nice pics,op,are you a Ghanaian?

Yeah, A proud Ghanaian and a westerner ( western Region) with west side levels.
Which Region are you from?
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by chrisagyei: 9:48pm On May 29, 2019
Papachie:

Ohk,that's nice,am from the Ashanti Region,Kumasi buh born and lived all my life in the nation's capital,Accra.
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by chrisagyei: 9:55pm On May 29, 2019
Papachie:

My dear friend, you have made a mistake by generalizing it.....so far as I am concerned, Nigerians in Ghana have a very good relationship with Ghanaians and love exist deeply.....for hate to exist before a Nigerian and a Ghanaian, then one is at fault.
naa bro,don't tryna explain anything to them,their minds are fixed already and besides there're over 3 million Nigerians currently residing and working in Ghana.Some Nigerians have an idea we hate them buh trust me bro,they are a least of our discussions except the rampant crimes by some scrupulous Nigerians in Ghana which is a topic for another day.So tell me about Takoradi,I have never being there before

3 Likes

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 10:13pm On May 29, 2019
chrisagyei:
Ohk,that's nice,am from the Ashanti Region,Kumasi buh born and lived all my life in the nation's capital,Accra.
That's cool. A descendant of the Otumfour (Ashanti Kingdom).
It's nice meeting you bro.
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 10:35pm On May 29, 2019
chrisagyei:
naa bro,don't tryna explain anything to them,their minds are fixed already and besides there're over 3 million Nigerians currently residing and working in Ghana.Some Nigerians have an idea we hate them buh trust me bro,they are a least of our discussions except the rampant crimes by some scrupulous Nigerians in Ghana which is a topic for another day.So tell me about Takoradi,I have never being there before

I understand bro.....I only wish Nigerians saying that will visit the country to clear off that misconception.

The Western Region (Sekondi-Takoradi as its capital) of Ghana is an integrated complex of beautiful safe beaches and African touch beach resorts. It has the largest collection of European trading forts (later used in the
slave trade); the highest tropical jungles; numerous mines,
and friendly people; and old architectural
styles and vivacious festivals.

The region’s water villages on stilts are amazing to experience.
A visitor can charter a local canoe out to the village and actually
stay over night in a guest house on the water.
The region is located in the south-western part of Ghana and
shares boundaries with the Central, Ashanti, and Brong-Ahafo
regions. To the West it shares a border with the republic of Cote
D’Ivoire.
The native people of the Western Region are mostly Akans,
speaking various dialects including: Ahanta, Nzema, Sefwi,
Wassa, Brosa, and Pepesa. Pricipal religions are Christianity,
African Aminism, and Islam.

The main exportable produce are cocoa,
timber, copra, coffee, rubber/latex, gold, manganese, and
bauxite.

Attractions & Tourist sites
The Castles of the Western Region
The Western Region is another region with a rich heritage
demonstrated by the number of castles still open to visitors. The
best examples in the region are:
1. Fort St Appolonia at Beyin
2. Fort cross at Dixcove (1693)
3. Fort Batensteyn (1656) at Butri
4. Fort Groot Fredericksburg at Princess Town
5. Fort S. Antonio at Axim (1515)
6. Fort Dorothea (ruins) at Akwida
7. Fort Sebastian at Shama
8.The Village on Stilt of Nzulezu
9.Akatekyi Crocodile Pond

Some of the most popular beaches are:
1. Busua Pleasure Beach – only 5km from fort metal cross
2. Sports Club Beach – behind the Atlantic hotel in Takoradi
3. Ajua Beach – just 200metres from Dadowa lagoon
4. Princess Town Beach – off the Takoradi/Elubo highway
5. Mimia Beach – a secluded beach with rocky cave perfect
for picnics.

Dr. Nkrumah’s Grave
The original grave of Dr. Nkrumah, first President of Ghana and
now buried in the mausoleum in Accra, can be found at Nkroful,
83km west of Takoradi.

The Mines of Ghana
The western region has several mines that may be visited, by
prior arrangement. The main sites are:
Nsuta Manganese Mine – 20km southeast of Tarkwa
Prestea Goldmine – 40km north of Tarkwa
Tarkwa Goldmines – founded in the 1800s just 92km
northwest of Takoradi
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by ifyalways(f): 10:40pm On May 29, 2019
Papachie:

Mi Pacho,Im from Gomoa Assin. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 10:45pm On May 29, 2019
chrisagyei:

SEKONDI-TAKORADI is the only twin City in West Africa and you 've got to pay a visit (I hope you' ve heard of this, JUNKA TOWN, that's Tadi for you).

I love Kumasi too, it's a great and wonderful city....I have visited Kumasi twice ie: KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY for field trip and a debate Competition.
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 10:48pm On May 29, 2019
ifyalways:
Mi Pacho,Im from Gomoa Assin. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh nice ....And that's in Central Region right.
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by ifyalways(f): 10:54pm On May 29, 2019
Papachie:

Oh nice ....And that's in Central Region right.
Yes Please. smiley

1 Like

Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Phenomenal16(f): 12:18pm On May 30, 2019
Ghana get oil?
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 2:00pm On May 30, 2019
Phenomenal16:
Ghana get oil?
Lol, do you wanna tell me you have not heard of it? Ghana discovered and started drilling oil in 2007
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by Papachie: 2:05pm On May 30, 2019
Phenomenal16:
Ghana get oil?

We may not be the leading producer of Oil on the continent but for GOLD, we are ....And South Africa comes second to Ghana.
Re: Have A Look At Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana's Oil City. (photos) by popizaino(m): 11:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
I pass through tadi most times travelling out of ghana. Never really explored the city before.They have beautiful estate like anaji. I love tadi cus they gave me kofi kínata

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop Traveling Without A Skill. / Lagos To Enugu / A Nigerian In The Uk making The News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.