Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,616 members, 7,827,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help (2517 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Netherlands Tourist Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by pikinchild: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2010
urgent advice needed pls,

my cousin's france resident permit expired in 2009(she overstayed on her resident permit by 10 mths and was deported), however her baby (born in france)is a french citizen and he is 4yrs old
she wants to apply for a french short stay visa now with her son cos she wants him to visit his place of birth, how should she go about it pls help.

God bless u all as u contribute.
cheers
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by Vicjustice: 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2010
pikinchild:

my cousin's france resident permit expired in 2008, however her baby is a french citizen and she is 4yrs old
she wants to apply for a french visa now with her son, how should she go about it
pls help
cheers
What class/category of visa is she applying for, i mean, for what purpose is she going to France?
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by pikinchild: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2010
she and her 4yrs france citizen son want to go on vacation
so they are thinking of appling for short term tourist visa
thanks
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by pikinchild: 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2010
Vicjustice:

What class/category of visa is she applying for, i mean, for what purpose is she going to France?
so they are thinking of appling for short term tourist visa for a holiday
thanks
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by Vicjustice: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2010
pikinchild:

thanks
   Are you saying that the child is a French citizen due to the fact that he was born in France or because he has a French Passport?
   If he is a French Passport holder, then, he doesn't need a visa to travel to France and that may enhance the visa chance of his mother. But nevertheless, she needs to prove herself worthy of the visa especially in financial aspect.
   Documents to present must include a copy of the child's passport and/or Birth Certificate, Her Marriage Certificate, a letter from her husband/the child's father stating his approval of the child to travel with her, Evidence of occupation, 3 months bank statement (avoid money lodgement), accommodation details in France, Home ties or obligation that would convince the immigration officers of her return to Nigeria.
You can find them in Abuja at: 
France Embassy , Nigeria. 32 Udi Street Off Aso Drive, Quartier Maitama, Abuja
Phone:
+234-9-5235510
+234-9-5235506
+234-9-5233801
+234-9-52333786
Fax:
+234-9-5235482
Website URL:
www.ambafrance-ng.org
Or at the Franch Consulate in Lagos at: 1, Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, Ikoyi.
Phone:
+234-1-26934227
+234-1-26934230

1 Like

Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by pikinchild: 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2010
pikinchild:

thanks
yes her son was born in france, she is thinking of appling via VFS
cos we were infored that it is the new route to get a french visa
(i appreciate ur contribution thanks grin)
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by pikinchild: 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
also how workable is the option of sending a representative with a letter of authority to submit her documents
at the VFS?

moreover when her france resident permit expired in january 2008, she stayed behind and came back in dec 2008
pls advice on what to do and if there'll be any repercussions for overstaying?

vicjustice thank u for all your constructive advice GOD BLESS U PLENTY cheesy
ANYONE IN D HOUSE?
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by Vicjustice: 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
pikinchild:

my cousin's france resident permit expired in 2009(she overstayed on her resident permit by 10 mths and was deported), however her baby (born in france)is a french citizen and he is 4yrs old
she wants to apply for a french short stay visa now with her son cos she wants him to visit his place of birth, how should she go about it  pls help.

cheers
    Are you sure that you know the truth about your "cousin's" situation? I'm asking because, i know that it is unlikely for someone to get deported for reason of the expiration of his or her residence permit because, standard residence permit are renewable even after their validity dates. Why do i have the feeling that your "cousin" was probably doing time in jail while her residence permit ran out or, she was a transnational fugitive? I'm sorry, i can't find any other reason to explain how she got herself into this mess.
   Well, given the benefit of doubt, there's no way she can go about it irrespective of the status of her child: When a Schengen state deports a person, s/he is automatically banned from returning to Europe for some period ranging from 5 years to life. Immigration officers have the prerogative to use their own initiatives in deciding the amount of years that a deportee should be banned according to their assessment of the gravity of the offence committed.
   There are instances whereby deportees are being uncooperative and resisting authority, in such case, the subjects are forced into a plane and might not be entitled to any rights nor mercy then-after; but in a normal situation of a person facing deportation, a letter is usually served to this effect (usually within 24 hours of the departure time). The letter is often a comprehensive declaration stating the reason(s) s/he is to be deported, the consequences of deportation and the rights reserved by the deportee: the deportee then indicates that s/he understands the contents by signing the letter.
   So, dear Pikinchild, it's either your "cousin" was forcefully deported (which leaves her to no rights whatsoever) or She was formally deported (which places her under the terms and conditions of her deportation letter which she must have signed). So, why are you asking how she can go about it? The best person to comment on this is your cousin, the deported mother of the "French citizen", she should know the circumstances surrounding her deportation.
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by NOSCAM: 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ vicjustice, shecan never tell you the truth, grin grin grin But i cant vomit the fact.
The truth is: Her sister was an Asylum seeker in France either in Paris or whereve in france, so along the line her sister gave birth in france, and giving birth in France deos not mean your child will be given French Pasport, her child is french citizen, but will never give the child the French psspor untill certain age.

So after given birth, her sister's application for Asylum was refused and a deportation order was recommended to her and was deported to Nigeria, grin grin grin grin

But the fact is her sister will never tell her the truth, even she will never tell her parents and other relatives, grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Australia Is Actually The Most Dangerous Place In The World: Check Out Why / How Can I Go About Amerian + Canadian Visa Lottery My Self Online / Cost Of Flight Ticket To Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.