Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State (17281 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Dissolves LG Service Commission / Osun State Approves New Minimum Wage, Lifts Embargo On Promotion / Dr. John Kayode Fayemi Lifts Embargo On Ecobank, Gtbank, Zenith Bank …mdas, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Ebullience(m): 11:35pm On May 29, 2019
Governor Seyi Makinde has dissolved all local government chairmen in Oyo State with immediate effect.

Makinde, in a statement by his Chief of Staff, Chief Bisi Ilaka, asked them to handover to the head of local government administration or senior directors in their local government areas and councils.

Special Service Announcement!!!

His Excellency, the Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Oluseyi Makinde has directed as follows:

1. That all local Government authorities, Local Council Development Authorities be dissolved with immediate effect.

2. That all Local Government Chairmen are to hand over to their Heads of Local Government Administration (HLA) or the most Senior Directors in their local government areas and councils.

3. That all Boards of Parastatals and corporations be dissolved.

4. That embargo be placed on all Local and State Government accounts until further directives.

Signed:

Chief Bisi Ilaka (Chief of Staff to the State Governor)

https://www.independent.ng/just-in-makinde-dissolves-lg-board-chairmen-places-embargo-on-council-state-accounts/

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by adem30: 11:43pm On May 29, 2019
very good. the idiots in kwara should be warming up

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by solmusdesigns: 12:54am On May 30, 2019
smiley

bad step.

First 24hrs:

*He annouces on the acceptance speech he can't pay 30k minimum wage as all state don't earn the same and Oyo state don't have money

* Ends 3000 a year levy (365days) students pays to their schools for mentainance and other Service to ease burden on federal allocation, and make Parents contribute abit to give public school proper runing

*Dessolves constituitedly elected LGA bosses, and closest level of goverment to the rural people far from state capital

Bola ige, Olunloyo, Lam, Ladoja, Akala all ran a similar unrealistic welfare and charity Goverment in a Huge state like Oyo state, but financial liability of one of the highest.number of civil servants of a state in Nigeria, and building road accross long land mass like oyo couldnt make them get a second term until Ajimobi came with a more strict approach of governance and almost double the IGR making him have enough to impress the voters with roads and bridges to get a second term.

51 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Amuocha: 1:05am On May 30, 2019
Good
Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by GideonOludayomi(m): 2:46am On May 30, 2019
I am seriously hoping for something great during GSM tenure. May God help him.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by kehinde1588(m): 2:57am On May 30, 2019
Its glaring that this man will be a total failure. He will be worst than fayose of ekiti... Initial gra gra too dey do this man. I doubt if he has vision for Oyo people.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by jordyspices: 4:31am On May 30, 2019
Just now him no even allow dem JACK 1month for him tenure

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Nobody: 4:54am On May 30, 2019
kehinde1588:
Its glaring that this man will be a total failure. He will be worst than fayose of ekiti... Initial gra gra too dey do this man. I doubt if he has vision for Oyo people.

Give him some times... he needs to change loyalty of grassroot leaders.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Front0lane: 5:11am On May 30, 2019
PDP as always been a curse in the SW, I do not understand maybe it is the way Obasanjo introduced them here or whatever. I will love to see Makinde succeed where the like of Fayose Akala Daniel all failed pathetically.

He looks like a refined n responsible guy and I don’t think he grew with the looting mentality of PDP politicians but he as himself to blame if he can’t meet up what Ajumobi accomplished in Oyo State.

Note I want him to succeed does not mean he will or he as the drive n determination to succeed.

kehinde1588:

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Nobody: 5:16am On May 30, 2019
Front0lane:
PDP as always been a curse in the SW, I do not understand maybe it is the way Obasanjo introduced them here or whatever. I will love to see Makinde succeed where the like of Fayose Akala Daniel all failed pathetically.

He looks like a refined n responsible guy and I don’t think he grew with the looting mentality of every PDP politicians but he as himself to blame if he can not meet up to what Ajumobi accomplished in Oyo State. Note I want him to succeed does not mean he will or he as the drive n determination to succeed.

He is not even upto 24hrs as a Governor and you already have your mind fixated on him failing...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Nobody: 5:17am On May 30, 2019
kehinde1588:
am telling you, he can't survive with this initiation.

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by lekkyb: 5:29am On May 30, 2019
kehinde1588:
Do you mean he should be working with his enemies right?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Realdeals(m): 5:37am On May 30, 2019
Weren't they democratically elected? this crass abuse of power by State Governors needs to be curtailed.

19 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Front0lane: 5:38am On May 30, 2019
As expected of every PDP politicians, before becoming governors their mind is already fixation on their slogan of stealing n looting of public fund is not corruption.

In his case am magnanimous enough to give him a benefit of doubt, he should prove his mantle n not expect anyone to grapple at his feet without credible n outstanding performance.

We don’t want you, Ipob n other foolish Igbo PDP supporters to start telling us Ibadan as decayed before we start running helter skelter.
Esseite:

He is not even upto 24hrs as a Governor and you already have your mind fixated on him failing...

12 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Nobody: 5:42am On May 30, 2019
Front0lane:
As expected of every PDP politicians, before becoming governors their mind is already fixation on their slogan of stealing n looting of public fund is not corruption.

In his case am magnanimous enough to give him a benefit of doubt, he should prove his mantle n not expect anyone to grapple at his feet without credible n outstanding performance.

We don’t want you, Ipob n other foolish Igbo PDP supporters to start telling us Ibadan as decayed before we start running helter skelter.

You have a technocrat as Governor, you should be grateful, some states are fasting and praying for it.

Come and swap for Abia Governor..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by MrPolitics: 6:05am On May 30, 2019
The LG elections in Oyo were actually a sham.
It was rigged to make APC win all seats.
As much as I call for LG autonomy, free and fair elections must also be involved.
I hope this is his plan

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by t1976(f): 6:17am On May 30, 2019
Ebullience:
Governor Seyi Makinde has dissolved all local government chairmen in Oyo State with immediate effect.

Makinde, in a statement by his Chief of Staff, Chief Bisi Ilaka, asked them to handover to the head of local government administration or senior directors in their local government areas and councils.

His Excellency, the Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Oluseyi Makinde has directed as follows:

1. That all local Government authorities, Local Council Development Authorities be dissolved with immediate effect.

2. That all Local Government Chairmen are to hand over to their Heads of Local Government Administration (HLA) or the most Senior Directors in their local government areas and councils.

4. That embargo be placed on all Local and State Government accounts until further directives.

Signed:

https://www.independent.ng/just-in-makinde-dissolves-lg-board-chairmen-places-embargo-on-council-state-accounts/
Good,Kwara state Gov. Should take a clue from this
Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by wordcat(m): 7:14am On May 30, 2019
let Mr President do the same by sacking all the state Governors grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by ThePreachersSon: 7:23am On May 30, 2019
MrPolitics:
The LG elections in Oyo were actually a sham.
It was rigged to make APC win all seats.
As much as I call for LG autonomy, free and fair elections must also be involved.
I hope this is his plan

So he's assuming the role of Inec and the courts? Why do we have the election tribunals, and the Judiciary? If anyone has a cause for complain, the constitution points to appropriate channels. He's got no right whatsoever to dissolve legally elected office holders. It's like saying Buhari asked State Governors to step aside.

I'm having this feeling that Oyo people are in for it. OYO is their case

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by mosho2good: 7:58am On May 30, 2019
When soldier punish u finish come release u make u dey go, u come climb ur bike come shout ""officer thunder fire u"" and ur bike no come gree start again.
���������
#It is finished.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by princeade86(m): 7:59am On May 30, 2019
But are they not elected chairmen as he is also?

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by bigpicture001: 8:00am On May 30, 2019
APC's evil eyes of blames will b on this man 24/7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by colestephan86: 8:00am On May 30, 2019
Ebullience:

Signed:

Ginger ginger , intellectual ganger!
Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by GeoandSonsEnt: 8:00am On May 30, 2019

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by Paentera(m): 8:00am On May 30, 2019
No LG allocation from FAAC from June 1 for non-democratically elected LGAs.

What Governor Seyi Makinde just did is equivalent to PMB sacking state governors.

I hope this governor does learn quickly rather than learn from his mistakes.

10 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:00am On May 30, 2019
Getting the right people to work with you that you can vouch for is the way democracy work that will move the nation forward.

Just as we are telling our daddy to make sure that this time around, we have the right man or woman to head the senate, unlike the last 4 years, that we had an enemy of the country as the number 3 man in Nigeria.
The worst senate President in the history of Nigeria!

It is funny that wailers, Aka. children of hate and perdition that praised Jonathan and David Mark working together for 6 years, are the same miserable things now coming around to say Nigeria must have a senate president that will be against the president for the nation to move forward.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by nbinet: 8:01am On May 30, 2019
The man is out to set things right.

For bountiful harvest and healthy produce, use ORGANIC 'PLUS' FERTILIZER

It is rich in amino acid, non-toxic, highly tolerant to soil and plants.

It can be used for all plants. It heals sick soil. It provides immunity for plants.
It has no side effect in plants and human
It is economical–1 litre for 4-5 acres of land. etc

For small or large quantities, contact, 07033939500.
Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by oduademonest: 8:01am On May 30, 2019
Esseite:

You can tell he is drunk on the Tinubu coolaid.

The lcda idea hasn't yielded any fruit in Lagos, why are other states adopting it. Gsm is on the right path

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State by BruncleZuma: 8:02am On May 30, 2019
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Regional Security: Why South-East Governors Chose Ebube Agu – Ikpeazu / INEC Appointment: Senate Screens Lauretta Onochie, Others / Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.