Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Any Monument, Says Ihedioha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Any Monument, Says Ihedioha (500 Views)

Fact Check: Did Wike Order Demolition Of Jabi Motor Park? / I'll Probe Okorocha's Financial Dealings, Says Ihedioha / Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Any Monument, Says Ihedioha by BobbyBrowny: 5:25pm On May 30, 2019
Imo State Governor Emeka Ihedioha has denied ordering the ongoing demolition of one of the Akachi towers, one of the monuments erected by his predecessor.
The demolition is coming barely 24 hours after Ihedioha assumed office.
Scores of Imo indigenes have condemned the action, stating the monument was constructed with public funds and should not be pulled down to spite the former administration.
Ihedioha was sworn-in as the sixth Executive governor of the state on Wednesday.

The Akachi tower, one of the many tourist attractions built by the former governor is being demolished as at the time of filling this report.
It was built on a reclaimed dumpsite that was abandoned by previous administrations.
The demolition exercise was supervised by soldiers who barred journalists from covering the exercise.
The Akachi monument was one of the structures commissioned by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo barely one week ago.
The monument, a massive tower with the symbol of a hand on the Zenith, representing the hand of God, sits on an expansive plot of land, reserved for religious purposes.
There are fears Ihedioha will also demolish other monuments in Owerri, the state capital, especially the famous statues.
But the governor denied ordering the demolition.
His Special Adviser, Steve Osuji, said the governor is not aware of the demolition of any structure and never gave such directive.

According to him the new governor is in the Government House trying to settle down in his office.

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-didnt-order-demolition-of-any-monument-says-ihedioha/
Re: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Any Monument, Says Ihedioha by BobbyBrowny: 5:25pm On May 30, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Any Monument, Says Ihedioha by vengertime: 5:31pm On May 30, 2019
We the People of Owerri want it down ASAP. Am going there with my father's grenades to make it faster
Re: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Any Monument, Says Ihedioha by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 30, 2019
Maybe ndi Owerri do. �

Meanwhile, open fist means I will release money.

Re: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Any Monument, Says Ihedioha by BobbyBrowny: 5:58pm On May 30, 2019
mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Get Paid For Refferal: Refer Us To Any State Government And Get Paid / Nigeria Is In A Mess As A Result Of Tribal Differences _ India Prime Minister / NEWS biola was a Zikist, declare Nnamdi Azikiwe’s birthday public holiday – Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.