Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

How Do I Pursue A Godly Relationship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Pursue A Godly Relationship (257 Views)

8 Important Observations For A Godly Worship As Christians / I Pursue No Success / A Godly Christian Lady Doesn't Wear High Heels - Evangelist Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Pursue A Godly Relationship by Crownstarsucces(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2019
What is a Godly Relationship?
A Godly relationship is one that glorifies God. It follows the principles of God’s will. Filled with love, good will and the best thing for your partner.

According to 1st Corith 13:4-7;

“And now these remains: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is Love”

over-emphasis on the importance of sincere love between you and your partner because that is the driving force for your relationship.

Before I get into “How to pursue a Godly Relationship”,

Why are you in a Relationship?
People are in a relationship for different reasons:

For a companion: Some people are in a relationship just to have someone to talk to and spend time with.
Just to have Sex: Someone to go intimate with.
To help Someone grow: Some people are in a relationship to help their partner, grow in all rounds of life, Academically, Spiritually, Emotionally etc.
Know your reason…

Now lets get back to How to pursue a Godly Relationship:

1.Pray Together:
This is the driving force of all relationships. Most people neglect this in their relationship because they feel that its not so important. That’s why after a little while, you will notice a break-up.

How do I pursue a Godly Relationship
I must confess that the success of my relationship is Prayer, even though its a long distance relationship, we still pray together on the phone or through a video call.

I made it a responsibility to pray for my partner everyday, even when there is a misunderstanding, I still pray for my partner because

God controls our heart. I and my partner set out some days of the week, to pray together. Let me show you how we do it:

We pray twice a week; Mondays and Thursdays:

On Mondays, we pray together on the phone.
On Thursdays, we share a bible verse together to help grow together.
2. Share the WORD of God Together:
Like i said earlier, it is really important to put God first on your relationship.

How do I pursue a Godly Relationship
Share the word of God with your partner, even if its through text message, whats app, make it a responsibility to add value to your partner. That’s what true love is all about.

Read on: How To Balance Your Academic Life With Your Spiritual Life

3. Advice and Support Each other:
This is really important in building a Godly relationship.

Just like God supports us, we need to support other people.

We need to support our partner, financially, emotionally, and spiritually. Sometimes, you might not feel like praying, your partner can support by saying the prayers. That’s the way it should be.

One other thing in this aspect is the act of advising your partner. You need to advice your partner on the decision he takes and how he/she does his things.

4. Let your Parents know about your Relationship:
This is another important thing that most people ignore in building a Godly relationship.

Your parents should know about the both of you. Its very important.

Most of us seek to be secretive about our relationship because of what our parents will say but it will be okay if they know about the relationship.

Read on: 14 Things I Wish Someone Had Said Before I Started College

They can help advice and support in any way they can.

5. Abstain from Pre-marital Sex:
This sounds some how to you right? Its not easy.
Yea its not easy but for you to build a supportive and Godly relationship, you need to abstain from premarital sex

[FIND OUT MORE][https://thesuccessvisa.com/how-do-i-pursue-a-godly-relationship/]

Re: How Do I Pursue A Godly Relationship by Planet3xi: 6:58pm On May 30, 2019
[right][/right] cheesy
Re: How Do I Pursue A Godly Relationship by johnydon22(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2019
5. Your hugs must be done telepathically

6. Kiss? No, unless you want to be damned

7. When you are horn_y, pray about it, God would send an angel of telepathic masturbation

8. When you go out on a date, should be in a church

9. Must never wear any clothing above your knees when together.

10. Dry humping is fair game, if you do it under the sheets.

11. No sex? That's rookie level, don't even think about it or it is as good as you have done it, you know what that means.

12. If your d**k happen to accidentally slip into the vayjay, don't move, stay incredibly still, that way, you will be invisible to God's lidless eyes.

13. A wet dream is a sign of succubus

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Perfect Cure For Backsliding. / Download: Matt Redman - 10,000 Reasons (bless The Lord) / God's Eternity Vs Satan's Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.