Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

The Infinite Troubled History Of The Black Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Infinite Troubled History Of The Black Race (290 Views)

Soldier Killings: Tears As Gov Diri Visits Troubled Bayelsa Communities / Governor Umahi: We Have Deployed Ebubeagu, Security Operatives To Troubled Areas / EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Infinite Troubled History Of The Black Race by JoelSavage(m): 5:07am On May 31, 2019
In my life, I have never feel sorry for being black because I have grown up to know the truth behind the black history- the origin of black people, the powerful African clans and its rich culture, which have been tampered with and distorted to glorify a particular race to bring shame to the black race and be considered worthless people.

However, I feel rather sorry over the helplessness of African leaders and the way some Africans view themselves by accepting to be inferior, believing Africa is cursed and therefore, have imprisoned themselves psychologically without any efforts to free themselves from this bondage and outdated harmful superstitions.

Skilled in the agricultural work of indigenous peoples, Africans became the object of an international slave trade which proved highly profitable for Portuguese, British, Dutch and French traders. They soon went on to define that institution of slavery that would dominate North America for two and a half centuries, and within which slaves were considered chattels, or "movable property", not human beings.

Already in the 1760s, in Virginia and Maryland, the law made slavery a hereditary and permanent condition for Africans.

Reversing the English legal tradition, according to which the children followed the condition of the father, the laws that declared slaves all those born of mother slaves also multiplied, laws that implicitly sanctioned the systematic practices of sexual violence on the slaves by the white masters and made them profitable, since the children of these unions followed the mother's condition, also becoming movable goods to be worked for free or sold on the slave market.

At the beginning of the eighteenth century, slavery in the United States was regulated by laws that imposed very strong limits on the lives of all blacks. Legally, slaves did not enjoy civil rights and could not vote, nor testify against a white man in court, nor own property.

They could not even marry with civil or religious rites, nor did they boast rights on their own offspring, and the scenes that show the excruciating separation of parents and children sold to different masters are very numerous in the black and white abolitionist literature.

continue reading:https://www.modernghana.com/news/935823/the-infinite-troubled-history-of-the-black-race.html

(1) (Reply)

Another APC Group Backs Demands For Oshiomhole‘s Resignation / Orji Kalu Adamant, Says Nothing Will Stop Him From Contesting For Deputy Senate / I Have Forgiven Those Behind My Travails - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.