Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard (28293 Views)

’Emilokan’: Idris Wase Declares For House Of Reps Speakership / Reps’ Speakership: Emeka Nwajiuba’s Emergence Upsets Gbajabiamila’s Ride / Reps’ Speakership: Why Dogara, Gbajabiamila May Not Get Members Backing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by Richkid97(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2019
Gbaja we know

1 Like

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by TyrantInAsoRock: 7:47am On May 31, 2019
If gbaja fail to secure the speakership

Tinubu better start looking for a new party

Because the way he will be bullied

You will think he's a mere commissioner

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by RemiTinubu(f): 7:47am On May 31, 2019
[s]
post=78881546:
We must get it right this time.
Anything for our darling nation to move forward.

God bless our President Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:48am On May 31, 2019
God bless our President Muhammadu Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by elizabethg: 7:51am On May 31, 2019
Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:52am On May 31, 2019
Sakamaje:
I think Bago camp may be playing mind games through the media. But if he ends up becoming speaker without the party leadership support, APC/Buhari might have another Dogara situation on their hands. Meaning he may end up decamping eventually.
buhari will be happy with anyone that has El Rufia support

1 Like

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:54am On May 31, 2019
turischool:
things like this happens when the president is weak and not in control
the president should never be the one to appoint national assembly leaders

1 Like

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:06am On May 31, 2019
Buhari has deftly avoided endorsing any candidate for any of the position. His mind is yet not known. I am very sure before the proclamation of the assembly he would have decided on a candidate.

Sakamaje:
I think Bago camp may be playing mind games through the media. But if he ends up becoming speaker without the party leadership support, APC/Buhari might have another Dogara situation on their hands. Meaning he may end up decamping eventually.
Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by Sakamaje: 8:36am On May 31, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
Buhari has deftly avoided endorsing any candidate for any of the position. His mind is yet not known. I am very sure before the proclamation of the assembly he would have decided on a candidate.

If he likes he should endorse, if he likes he shouldn't. But whatever he does, he shouldn't later come and blame anybody for frustrating his policies at the NA thanks to his own aloofness.
Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by Born2Breed(f): 8:50am On May 31, 2019
If the speakership goes back to the north blame Tinubu and Oshiomole.

2 Likes

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by steveslid(m): 8:55am On May 31, 2019
Is this country in the hands of Tinubu? let the house chose any person deem fit to be their leader. The house is bigger than one godfather.

1 Like

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by senatordave1(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2019
I think they mean 95 members

1 Like

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by kingi777: 9:13am On May 31, 2019
Here comes the Speaker of the House of Representatives through whom the power equation in Nigeria will be balanced. He is a bridge builder, experienced, intelligent and a loyalist...

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by drololaaof: 9:49am On May 31, 2019
APC have thrown caution to the wind,no policy ,no manifesto .When zoning formulae has been jettisoned why will the party not lose out. President from the North majority of the principal officers are from the North what remain?
Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by galadima77(m): 10:11am On May 31, 2019
Sakamaje:

Do you even know his antecedents before talking decamp?

1 Like

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by tuniski: 10:12am On May 31, 2019
kingi777:
Here comes the Speaker of the House of Representatives through whom the power equation in Nigeria will be balanced. He is a bridge builder, experienced, intelligent and a loyalist...
An accord party member how is it possible? Abegi stop the awada!
Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by galadima77(m): 10:13am On May 31, 2019
Sakamaje:

If he likes he should endorse, if he likes he shouldn't. But whatever he does, he shouldn't later come and blame anybody for frustrating his policies at the NA thanks to his own aloofness.

My thoughts all along
Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by kingi777: 10:43am On May 31, 2019
tuniski:

An accord party member how is it possible? Abegi stop the awada!
Bro, he is APC Chieftain and the President's loyalist. He foresaw what would befall APC in Imo State just like Zamfara State and decided to contest under Accord Party. I believe the party issue will be resolved as the leadership of the National Assembly is not only chosen by party(though it helps) but by conviction. He is detribalised, intelligent and well read with a PhD in Law. He will steer the leadership of the 9th National Assembly harmoniously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by tuniski: 10:56am On May 31, 2019
kingi777:

Bro, he is APC Chieftain and the President's loyalist. He foresaw what would befall APC in Imo State just like Zamfara State and decided to contest under Accord Party. I believe the party issue will be resolved as the leadership of the National Assembly is not only chosen by party(though it helps) but by conviction. He is detribalised, intelligent and well read with a PhD in Law. He will steer the leadership of the 9th National Assembly harmoniously.

He is officially an accord party member elect. The NASS need loyalist to Nigeria not president buhari's lackeys.

He is DOA!
Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by ChristianNorth: 11:14am On May 31, 2019
Peacemaker5128:
Are Ibo rep afraid of contesting for speakership too
Are they really third class citizens sad tongue
You still found a way to smuggle Ndi Igbo into this. Anyway, an Igbo Rep is running for the Speaker, making it 3 serious contenders from APC.

PDP has 119 Rep members in this 9th Assemby while APC has 206. Easy win for PDP or any candidate they support.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by modupe2: 11:44am On May 31, 2019
Sai Bago.......by God's grace

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard by senatordave1(m): 12:56pm On May 31, 2019
ChristianNorth:

You still found a way to smuggle Ndi Igbo into this. Anyway, an Igbo Rep is running for the Speaker, making it 3 serious contenders from APC.

PDP has 119 Rep members in this 9th Assemby while APC has 206. Easy win for PDP or any candidate they support.
You mean an easy win for femi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News! Gov. Akpabio On The Run. / Enugu Makes History, Joins World’s 100 Resilient Cities / Buhari’s Video Attacking Shagari Resurfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.