Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,610 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President (19922 Views)

Why Supreme Court Will Rule In Tinubu Favour. / 4 Smokescreens Judgement Will Be In Tinubu's Favour And My Advice To Atiku & Obi / IGP: Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by hdaveyork(m): 9:05am On May 06, 2023
Tinubu, APC NWC meet, favour Akpabio as Senate President, Tajudeen as Speaker

President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu on Friday met with the leadership of the
National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as consultation continue on the zoning of the leadership position of the 10th National Assembly.

DAILY POST gathered that the meeting which had in attendance the NationalChairman of APC, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, Deputy National Chairman, North, Senator Abubakar Kyari, Deputy National Chairman, South, Emma Eneukwu and the National Secretary of the party, Senator Iyiola Omisore took place at the Defence House in Abuja.

A reliable source who preferred anonymity said during the meeting that lasted for about 1hr 30mins, Tinubu told leaders of the party of his preference for Akpabio as the 10th Senate President while Senator Jibrin Barau will serve as his deputy.

Also, the meeting reached a compromise on the next Speaker of the House of Representatives, with Abbas Tajudeen giving the nod to preside over the 10th House.

The source said: “It is true Asiwaju met with Adamu, Omisore, Kyari and Eneukwu today (Friday).

They have agreed that Akpabio will be the next Senate President while Jibrin will be his deputy. TJ (Abbas Tajudeen) will be the next Speaker.)”

The source added that the North Central would be compensated with the position of Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Recall that Adamu had hinted on Wednesday at the end of the NWC meeting that the ruling party alongside the president-elect would agree on a consensus in the zoning of the leadership positions of the next Assembly.

“That is not what today’s meeting is all about.

When we do the zoning meeting, we don’t just go alone as a party.

Zoning is to take along the person who has the mandate of this country, the president-elect, Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu, we want to take him along.

He travelled after the election and he came back only last week and we have to carry him along.

“And we cannot stop those who are ambitious or zoning interests, or individual interests, we cannot deny them.

And as long as that is there, we have to find a way, persuasively, to reach some level of consensus.

That’s what we are working on. It is not a one-day affair,” Adamu had said.

Daily Post

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Illuminatiship(m): 9:07am On May 06, 2023
Akpabio when thief and efcc still dey on him matter wan do senate president? Apc is a Big curse.

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by hdaveyork(m): 9:08am On May 06, 2023
Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by donbachi(m): 9:13am On May 06, 2023
Op,abeg off the mic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by hdaveyork(m): 9:27am On May 06, 2023
donbachi:
Op,abeg off the mic
Why na grin

4 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Exmilitant(m): 9:29am On May 06, 2023
The Senate were supposed to elect their president independently. Or so I think.

5 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by babyfaceafrica: 9:48am On May 06, 2023
Exmilitant:
The Senate were supposed to elect their president independently. Or so I think.

Lmao.. You don't understand naija politics

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by money121(m): 9:59am On May 06, 2023
Good for him

1 Like

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Dikegodspower(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2023
President SW
Deputy NE
Senate SS
DSP NW
Speaker NW
SGF NC

Is ok we are watching

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Curious345: 1:51pm On May 06, 2023
Good.. but Tinubu will be booted out soon. He is illegitimate

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Noblegraphix20(m): 1:52pm On May 06, 2023
I can't just help but to laugh..
This is to show how Tinubu's Leadership will be bias to SE.
Anyways, I'm so happy that no SE person has been appointed for any office under tinubu.
Let him keep appointing his people and the Northerners so that when they crumble Nigeria finish,No one will blame the igbos

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:53pm On May 06, 2023
APC favors the south better than any other party
Dikegodspower:
President SW
Deputy NE
Senate SS
DSP NW
Speaker NW
SGF NC

Is ok we are watching
The other people can get what they want from Labor party

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by capetownboyz(m): 1:53pm On May 06, 2023
lol deranged bastards

3 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by greatiyk4u(m): 1:53pm On May 06, 2023
No suprise
Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Utanisco(m): 1:53pm On May 06, 2023
Yes ma man

2 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by GeneralPula: 1:53pm On May 06, 2023
Godswill is the God’s will !

5 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:54pm On May 06, 2023
Wow. I trust Jagaban good of him

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by DrTee1(m): 1:55pm On May 06, 2023
I think the President-elect may be rewarding Senator Akpabio for his commitment to his Presidential bid.

Remember that Akpabio was the first of all the APC Presidential Candidates to step down for Tinubu on the night of the APC Primaries.

After he did, previous speakers like Dimeji Bankole and others, who hadn't previously stepped down during their address to the electorate, returned to the rostrum to announce that they were similarly stepping down.

I remember the panache with which he announced that he and his '1200 delegate votes for his uncommon transformation' or something in that line, would be 'collapsing their structures for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu' to raptorous applause from the delegates.

He deserves this one. We all hope their reign brings uncommon transformation to Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom Ayaya!

This piece is dedicated to my best buddie, Gabbie Akanieyene and my god-daughter, his daughter, Uya Imai, of Ibiono in Akwa Ibom State.

52 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by HussenAdul: 1:56pm On May 06, 2023
I used to think that elected members decide their leaders by voting?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by DeLaRue: 1:56pm On May 06, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

Lmao.. You don't understand naija politics

This is not about Nigerian politics.

Trump, and even Obama pushed their own candidate for leadership of the Senate and House of rep.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by nony43(m): 1:56pm On May 06, 2023
This is why Nigeria will not get head . Every bill will be on yes sir , yes sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Indigbo: 1:56pm On May 06, 2023
Very good. Very fair.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Triangles1(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2023
Tinubu should tamper mercy in justice for perter obi and fix him in one position because the man will remain stranded for good 4 years.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:57pm On May 06, 2023
Why have everyone suddenly forgotten about our mandate and moved on?

It's not fair, obident lives matters

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by HydraFeeds(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2023
One of the most important factors in choosing him is religion.

7 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by sukar886: 1:57pm On May 06, 2023
Igbos no follow for this country , ah swear , I blame them sha

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by mastermaestro(m): 1:58pm On May 06, 2023
HussenAdul:
I used to think that elected members decide their leaders by voting?

There is something called lobbying in politics. Read about it. sad

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by Smartguyboy(m): 1:58pm On May 06, 2023
Nothing for Igbo people Buhari even pity them small Tinubu and his wicked wife will show them pepper 🌶️

2 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by tonididdy(m): 1:58pm On May 06, 2023
Hmmmm don’t trust any Igbo man but ….

3 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by 9jaRealist: 1:58pm On May 06, 2023
Illuminatiship:
Akpabio when thief and efcc still dey on him matter wan do senate president? Apc is a Big curse.

But there’s honor among THIEVES! grin grin grin
>

1 Like

Re: APC, Tinubu Favour Akpabio As Senate President by 9jaRealist: 1:59pm On May 06, 2023
hdaveyork:
Tinubu, APC NWC meet, favour Akpabio as Senate President, Tajudeen as Speaker

Daily Post

Darn! Orji Uzor Kalu has suffered… grin
>

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi / President Buhari Presents 2017 Budget To The National Assembly / FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.