Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks (52731 Views)

Sit-At-Home: Travellers Trapped In South-East - Roads, Motor Parks Deserted / Ondo Government Suspends NURTW And RTEAN. Orders Leaders To Vacate Motor Parks / Wike Dissolves Rivers Taskforce On Illegal Trading, Motor Parks, Sacks SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Generalkorex(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2019
Rolings:
Smart move, a move that will ensure he puts his own people in place first as caretaker committee and later ensure they are elected as executives......My advice to Mr governor don't meddle in the affairs of NURTW that was Akalas worst mistake, learn from his mistakes
I swear.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Amyyy2020: 4:18pm On May 31, 2019
I dey tell u. Over twale for diz guy mhen.... it shall be a welcome dev in Lagos...
NaijaMutant:

Wrong move for agberos

Good move for sane Nigerians

This should also be extended to Lagos

A Nigeria without agbero is possible, it begins with Oyo
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Obere4u: 4:20pm On May 31, 2019
All these Na initial gragra.... Las Las Na him own person him go put there

He's just doing these so that he can replace the existing executives with his loyalties....
People owns that pit where the revenues are generated, they remit to government....

Make I no talk much...
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Olatunji1929: 4:24pm On May 31, 2019
[quote author=phemy36 post=78895618][/quote]so you have respect for that senseless mod before I swear that guy deserve this not respect

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 31, 2019
SachaBastien:

This idiot just won't leave me alone. You need to be spoon-fed.
Go to the annals of the Supreme Court of Nigeria and read up the judgement of Suit No: SC.4/1989.
Calm down. ..don't get emotional. ..it is not too late to learn
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by omaigala(m): 4:37pm On May 31, 2019
Rolings:
Smart move, a move that will ensure he puts his own people in place first as caretaker committee and later ensure they are elected as executives......My advice to Mr governor don't meddle in the affairs of NURTW that was Akalas worst mistake, learn from his mistakes

Stop making motor park rascals important.

Akala's mistake ko.

The governor should ban them forever.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by gway01(m): 4:51pm On May 31, 2019
SachaBastien:

It is not a wrong move Sir. Seyi Makinde is quite within the ambit of the law.
The government cannot ban the TUC but can ban the NLC. It simply has decided not to in order to avoid the headache.
By law, NURTW does not have the right to operate motor parks, maintain same, collect levies or charges of any kind. They have merely been allowed to do so by politicians who benefited from them which is why they are a menace. It is time to cut them to size in Oyo and all over Nigeria.
u r right ...it happen in edo state .n governor obaseki check them out
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by kernel01: 4:55pm On May 31, 2019
castrokins:
He's Only Stopped Their Management Of Motor Parks And Not The Union In Itself.

You don't know the power tge state wields.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Olusholasimon(m): 4:59pm On May 31, 2019
Insecurity is part of what I've foreseen since he won the battle of government seat.
NURTW saga will be used against him & the whole situation may get out of hand if not properly managed. Gov. Makinde is just beginning to see the real deal in governance.
I wish you success sir
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by EvilMetahuman: 5:13pm On May 31, 2019
castrokins:
He's Only Stopped Their Management Of Motor Parks And Not The Union In Itself.

can buhari stop nlc or tuc president?
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by pcicero(m): 5:13pm On May 31, 2019
Truth is government, particularly local governments are empowered by law to administer parks while the unions exist to cater for the welfare of their members.

However, for political expediency and patronage, urchins have taken over. They graduate to become union chairmen and party stalwarts and become loyal to whoever controls the mechanisms of government.
Thus, it becomes difficult to wean them off the largesse.
My fear is that the government is taking on a huge behemoth fed by successive years of government patronage which has the tendency to consume the whole region at a such notice.

I hope they resolve the issue soon, much as I loathe the atavistic practice of agberos dictating the pace and direction of governance in the South West.
The only light at the end of the is that if the people of Oyo can truly stand behind their governor to win this battle and prove that power truly belongs to them and no force of violence from any group whatsoever can change their resolve, then other states in the South West can borrow a leave from this.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by BizBayo: 5:15pm On May 31, 2019
BabaO2:
members of course pay to their elected leadership

Actually I do not think its all of them unions do that. But NURTW is worse when it comes to money collection.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by pcicero(m): 5:18pm On May 31, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
can buhari stop nlc or tuc president?

As the chief security officer of the state, he might have had reports that they were planning something.

If you could recall, he warned them to desist from violence some days before he took the reins of government.

There have been factions in the state NURTW for a long time, Ajimobi recognized a faction and suppressed the other. Akala did same. Perhaps he doesn't want to give legitimacy to any of the factions.
They can re-organnize and have a proper election to determine their leaders.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by EvilMetahuman: 5:24pm On May 31, 2019
pcicero:

As the chief security officer of the state, he might have had reports that they were planning something.

If you could recall, he warned them to desist from violence some days before he took the reins of government.

There have been factions in the state NURTW for a long time, Ajimobi recognized a faction and suppressed the other. Akala did same. Perhaps he doesn't want to give legitimacy to any of the factions.
They can re-organnize and have a proper election to determine their leaders.
like you said, ajimobi supported a faction that embraced peace and kept violent nurtw akala left behind in check. Not that he out rightly ban the union and sack all its leaders.

That's what seyi should have done.
Let's hope this doesn't escalate for the sake of my own business.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by CaptainMitch: 5:33pm On May 31, 2019
Don't talk to my guy anyhow
UyaiIncomparabl:

You're too sentimental.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by hush15: 5:51pm On May 31, 2019
Mynd44:
Wrong move.

Can the Government ban the NLC or TUC?

It is a union and people will cite freedom of association

point of correction, nurtw dont own parks, government do. They only allow unions run these packs because its easier to manage transporters through an organised union that act as their face than dealing individually
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by nwanyionitsha: 5:52pm On May 31, 2019
Mynd44:
Wrong move.

Can the Government ban the NLC or TUC?

It is a union and people will cite freedom of association
Very wonderful move. I can see how lucky Oyo people are.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Onigbindemmd: 6:27pm On May 31, 2019
SaintLucia:
Agbero originated from Benin. The word AGBERO is a Benin word meaning " Someone that wants to ripe from where he/she didn't sow."

Right now, there is no state in Nigeria without one form of Agbero.
God bless you
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Oxtertee(m): 6:33pm On May 31, 2019
Mynd44:

Funny. That is like saying the FG can ban ASUU

Be guided, the polytechnic, Ibadan management ban SUG and their activities on campus
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by dadebayo1(m): 6:37pm On May 31, 2019
No nonsense..... grin
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by EvilMetahuman: 6:57pm On May 31, 2019
Oxtertee:

Be guided, the polytechnic, Ibadan management ban SUG and their activities on campus
does that make it legal?
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by SaintLucia: 7:03pm On May 31, 2019
Onigbindemmd:
God bless you
Bless you too.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by CloudResident(m): 7:09pm On May 31, 2019
babzo:

Say no to thuggery and hooliganism? Your write up itself is from the mind of a thug. A gentleman finds better ways to express himself.
Thugs and hooligans ALWAYS have to use gutter luggage and insults. Its the only way they know.
Well done area boy!

Thank you but i you should have endeavored to get the fact s right in the first place before spewing rubbish here.
I will never be soft with people like you bearing in mind the traumatic experience I went through seeing dead bodies littering Iwo road and academy areas that day!
Only if you had a loved one amongst them would you appreciate what the governor had done.
Wicked soul. undecided
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by babzo(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2019
CloudResident:

Thank you but i you should have endeavored to get the fact s right in the first place before spewing rubbish here.
I will never be soft with people like you bearing in mind the traumatic experience I went through seeing dead bodies littering Iwo road and academy areas that day!
Only if you had a loved one amongst them would you appreciate what the governor had done.
Wicked soul. undecided

Calm down oga, its good for your life.
Once again you prove you are no different from those thugs you mentioned.
The power to judge which soul is good or wicked rests with the Almighty God and I am 100% sure that is not you.

Let me leave you with these words ...said to be those of Warren Buffet:

"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you .True power is sitting back and observing things with logic. True power is restraint .If words control you that means everyone else can control you Breathe and allow things to pass"
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by Daewang: 8:26pm On May 31, 2019
This is good.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by VicYo(m): 8:26pm On May 31, 2019
go to ever country.... this is part of revenue the government use to pay workers good salaries... and some fools are generatin billions of naira daily...
if you are a thug readin this... this wont affect you.. you wont lose your job... just to eradicate those president takin all the money alone...
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by deomelo: 8:42pm On May 31, 2019
First, it was naming pedestrian bridge as his first duty in office, now it's illegally banning a union.

You can not ban unions in Nigeria, it is illegal and unconstitutional.

Or the governor is not skilful and competent enough to mediate or even have trouble makers and lawless people arrested and prosecuted?

You can not address security challenges by taking illegal and unconstitutional actions, this is cowardly and grossly incompetent move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by opson1(m): 10:48pm On May 31, 2019
kolafolabi:
Wahala dey o. Hope it won't back fire

The same thing I'm thinking.
Sounds good though.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by celonee: 11:08pm On May 31, 2019
Good as the development is, the government should look into getting these people engaged in more productive activities like farming by establishing more farm settlements. Otherwise they may constitute more nuisanse in the state.
God bless Oyo State.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by baby124: 11:14pm On May 31, 2019
SaintLucia:
Agbero originated from Benin. The word AGBERO is a Benin word meaning " Someone that wants to ripe from where he/she didn't sow."

Right now, there is no state in Nigeria without one form of Agbero.
Agbero is not a Benin word. Agbero means one who carries the crowd along. Or one who walks with a gang. It just means a gang of youths who disturb the peace with bad behavior.

It also used to mean the people who carry load for you in the market for a fee. Before they turned to criminals.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks by SaintLucia: 11:26pm On May 31, 2019
baby124:

Agbero is not a Benin word. Agbero means one who carries the crowd along. Or one who walks with a gang. It just means a gang of youths who disturb the peace with bad behavior.

It also used to mean the people who carry load for you in the market for a fee. Before they turned to criminals.
I hear u but I'm not here to argue at your ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State / I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo / A Major Road In Aba After The Rain Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.