Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger (55128 Views)

BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 / When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? / How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by ddjay: 9:18pm On May 31, 2019
ITS NOT TOO LATE, YOU CAN ALL GATHER AT THE BLACKBERRY HEADQUARTERS AND BEG (AS IN SERIOUSLY BEG), THEY WILL CHANGE THEIR MIND
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Yankiss(m): 9:18pm On May 31, 2019
Some punna suffered because of this BBM. I have decided to wait until the best Phone comes out before I can buy. I don't want to buy one today only to be told a better stuff is out the next day. I will wait even if it takes forever. What am I? Wise or foolish? grin grin grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 31, 2019
Firgemachar:
Ehya
I never used it! embarassed

I knew it!

All these e-warriors from the west are nothing but paupers.

During the era of BBM, you were using ordinary Java phone and now because of the wide spread access to Android, you are here chestbeating and masturbating over Igbo matter!

Thank God you have confessed.

Poor boy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by justli: 9:19pm On May 31, 2019
OduduwaYoruba:
Selfish monopoly killed them. The phone is not meant for the poor. Thank God for Google Android that came to rescue the poor from the oppression of Research in motion(Blackberry). It is a big lesson for us all that the poor among us be considered.

Well tell that to Apple that has continued to produce premium products for decades, yet still on top of the food chain.

4 Likes

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Kenmatt(m): 9:19pm On May 31, 2019
It's WhatsApp that "killed" BBM
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Possible09: 9:23pm On May 31, 2019
Na this same BlackBerry them take disvirgin some babes...this life is too Short �

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by grandstar(m): 9:23pm On May 31, 2019
nototribalist:
Am afraid what might happen to Nigeria soon, and I will explain why.

I remember when Nokia was reigning I can't believe 4-5 years later I would be able to buy BlackBerry Curve.

When I saw Android devices on foreign magazines I was wondering if I would have the chance to own one.
2-3 years later I bought one.

Then we heard that 4G LTE is coming I was wondering if I could afford to experience it, 2-3 years later people in my village are connected to the 4G LTE network.

Now we are hearing that 5G is coming hopefully in 2-3 years I will experience it.

Now why I said Nigeria might soon be in trouble, anything that has to do with technology comes so fast that Electric cars will soon replace fuel vehicles.

Just like a joke Nigeria is not taking into consideration that European countries are switching from fuel cars to Electric Power cars by 2025 that's like 5-6 years from now.

We are not the owners of Hyundai, Toyota, Honda and other car brands to say we can stop the manufacturing of electric cars.

By then the demand for crude oil will decline and that means oil might fall to $10-15 per barrel. That means we are falling into recession for life like Venezuela.

Nigeria must act fast and stop all these unnecessary politics cos if Honda and Toyota starts mass production of Electric cars Nigeria will be in trouble.

Demand for oil has some inelasticity. It's not easy to dump fuel. I see oil prices averaging $60-$70 in the long term.

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:23pm On May 31, 2019
May The Soul Of Our BBM R. I. P Al-Jannah Fidau For Him
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Damfostopper(m): 9:23pm On May 31, 2019
Blackberry in Nigeria..... Do you know that this device wasted a lot of virgin kpekus in this country...... a lot of girls and feminists kpekus wey torn apart.... chai

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by HomeOfMe(f): 9:24pm On May 31, 2019
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by drkrest(m): 9:25pm On May 31, 2019
nototribalist:

I remember when Nokia was reigning I can't believe 4-5 years later I would be able to buy BlackBerry Curve.

When I saw Android devices on foreign magazines I was wondering if I would have the chance to own one.

Then we heard that 4G LTE is coming I was wondering if I could afford to experience it, 2-3 years later people in my village are connected to the 4G LTE network.

Now we are hearing that 5G is coming hopefully in 2-3 years I will experience it.

Now why I said Nigeria might soon be in trouble, anything that has to do with technology comes so fast that Electric cars will soon replace fuel vehicles.

Just like a joke Nigeria is not taking into consideration that European countries are switching from fuel cars to Electric Power cars by 2025 that's like 5-6 years from now.

We are not the owners of Hyundai, Toyota, Honda and other car brands to say we can stop the manufacturing of electric cars.

By then the demand for crude oil will decline and that means oil might fall to $10-15 per barrel. That means we are falling into recession for life like Venezuela.

Nigeria must act fast and stop all these unnecessary politics cos if Honda and Toyota starts mass production of Electric cars Nigeria will be in trouble.
you just aired my view. i feel trepidatious that state called Nigeris may collapse with the expected decline in demand for oil at the global market. the annoying thing is that our politicians are inactive and are not planning for the future. i hope it is not too late.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by jaxxy(m): 9:25pm On May 31, 2019
nototribalist:

Nigeria is supposed to be thinking right now how Dubai thought 10 years ago on a plan to change and expand their source of revenue bt we are stuck in our myopic and greedy mentality that crude oil be be with us for ever and always meet our needs.

How I wish oil can drop to $20 or $10 2moro and stay for sm months so our politicians can have a reality check that they need to Reprioritize cos we don’t seem to get the picture and only keep paying lip service to the importance of this issues.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Onyi22(f): 9:28pm On May 31, 2019
Lol, Bbm back then
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Damfostopper(m): 9:28pm On May 31, 2019
Yankiss:
Some punna suffered because of this BBM. I have decided to wait until the best Phone comes out before I can buy. I don't want to buy one today only to be told a better stuff is out the next day. I will wait even if it takes forever. What am I? Wise or foolish? grin grin grin
foolishly wise

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Florblu(f): 9:30pm On May 31, 2019
I didn't use BlackBerry phone and here I am breathing fine

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Optimus212: 9:31pm On May 31, 2019
Pls I need Q10 to buy.

I dont care if BBM, WhatsApp isn't active. Am just after the Camera picture quality & Internet.

Anyone, link me up wink
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by vheckthor1: 9:32pm On May 31, 2019
jaxxy:

Nigeria is supposed to be thinking right now how Dubai thought 10 years ago on a plan to change and expand their source of revenue bt we are stuck in our myopic and greedy mentality that crude oil be be with us for ever and always meet our needs.

How I wish oil can drop to $20 or $10 2moro and stay for sm months so our politicians can have a reality check that they need to Reprioritize cos we don’t seem to get the picture and only keep paying lip service to the importance of this issues.
The oil plummet won't solve the issue coz during recession the president said the way forward is Agriculture and the agricultural produce should be exported, same mistake we make with oil. As far as Nigeria is a raw material producing country the status quo will mosr probably remain the same.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Wadosky(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2019
nototribalist:

The other scenario,petrol becomes useless abroad ,Nigeria gets enough or surplus to go round thereby beating down the prices to 1naira per litre from building of more refineries.
We become a dumping ground for cheap petrol cars beating down the price for tokumbo cars.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by iamclime(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2019
"Flames to dust...Lovers to friends. Why do all good things come to an end?" BBM owners should be playing this Gwen Stefani track while sipping some brandy, whiskey or rum!
The same fate awaits the so-called big names we hear now unless they move with the market. In strategic management, we say Innovate or perish! And in marketing we say Marketing Myopia!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Bossjakande: 9:36pm On May 31, 2019
some girls Toto catch fire for bbm DAT time and some of dem are here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by killsmith(f): 9:36pm On May 31, 2019
nototribalist:

My dear all this plenty plenty talk no dey pass where you dey.

The priority is talking all the lands in southern nigeria and giving it to the fulanis. That is the primary aim of this Northern government. Development in nigeria stopped in 2015 when Jonathan left. Nothing will move forward in this country until you take power from the fulani caliphate.

Look at the average Northern who represents the majority, do they look like they're interest in electric cars or technology?

No! They have other priorities which is conquering nigeria. And there's nothing you can do about it because they're the majority.

We're fccked....

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2019
Lakside1955:
SARS almost lynched on me that year, I was set up by a fine lady through bbm chat, never knew I bought a stolen phone
Since then, I never bought fairly or London use phone, all my phone from slot since then
hope is not in ijebu ode you were invited to by the lady..I have a similar case like what you said...
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 31, 2019
nototribalist:

This transition still has a very long way to go even in advanced countries...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Bossjakande: 9:38pm On May 31, 2019
Florblu:
I didn't use BlackBerry phone and here I am breathing fine
u are a lier u use it. u put bbm pin in one of ur blogs

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 31, 2019
nototribalist:

woah! You couldn’t have said it any better!!!
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Organs(m): 9:39pm On May 31, 2019
Brayss:
A Minute silent to all girls that swap their Destiny because of BB

1 minute of silence for folks like you posting nonsense on NL
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by lanrock(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2019
RIP BBM
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by lexy2014: 9:42pm On May 31, 2019
nototribalist:

U are right. During d week, Japan showcased a vehicle that runs on water fulfilling BankPHBs advertorial prophecy that "one day cars will run on water". D irony is that d bank didn't live 2c d day& d country were d bank is from is light years away from making meaningful progress technologically. Nigeria is content with it's status quo of being a consumer nation. That's d unfortunate reality

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Onyi22(f): 9:43pm On May 31, 2019
Iseoluwani:

I regret been a Nigerian
Who cares?
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by jaxxy(m): 9:43pm On May 31, 2019
vheckthor1:

The oil plummet won't solve the issue coz during recession the president said the way forward is Agriculture and the agricultural produce should be exported, same mistake we make with oil. As far as Nigeria is a raw material producing country the status quo will mosr probably remain the same.

Then what shud it be? U need to produce smtn and hv various avenues aswell. I think power generation should be a major priority to solve and a serious time line for it given and followed.

50% of our problems wud hv been solved.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by lexy2014: 9:45pm On May 31, 2019
jaxxy:

They wouldn't. They will still eat d $20. Oil has fallen below $20 b4. Nothing changed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. / How To Find Your Encrypted Files On Gionee Android Devices / Nigerian Lady Electrocuted By Her Phone Connected To Light While Asleep(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.