Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,531 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger (55113 Views)

BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 / When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? / How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by HitSong: 11:23am On Jun 01, 2019
nototribalist:
Am afraid what might happen to Nigeria soon, and I will explain why.

I remember when Nokia was reigning I couldn't believe 4-5 years later I would be able to buy BlackBerry Curve.

When I saw Android devices on foreign magazines I was wondering if I would have the chance to own one.
2-3 years later I bought one.

Then we heard that 4G LTE is coming, its been launch in South Korea, I was wondering if I could afford to experience it, 2-3 years later people in my village are connected to the 4G LTE network.

Now we are hearing that 5G is coming hopefully in 2-3 years I will experience it.

Now why I said Nigeria might soon be in trouble, anything that has to do with technology comes so fast that Electric cars will soon replace fuel vehicles.

Just like a joke, Nigeria is not taking into consideration that European countries are switching from fuel cars to Electric cars by 2025 that's like 5-6 years from now.

We are not the owners of Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and other car brands to say we can stop the manufacturing of electric cars.

By then the demand for crude oil will decline and that means oil might fall to $10-15 per barrel. That means we are falling into a recession for life just like Venezuela.

Don't get me wrong, crude oil will still be sold but don't forget car engines worldwide consumes 85% of the product. Now what will happen is that there will be too much oil in the international market and for that reason, oil usually drops drastically to below $20 - $25.

Nigeria must act fast and stop all these unnecessary politics cos if Honda, Toyota, and Nissan starts mass production of Electric cars Nigeria will be in trouble.

Someone mentioned that Nigeria will switch to Gas.

Well, The gas that hasn't gone up to $3 before in the market. By then with Nigerian population growing by 250m $3 gas can't sustain us.

Even the Nigerian government is not too interested in gas cos the price is too small at $2.50cent. Had it been that Gas prices can go up to at least $20 we will manage but that's not going to happen. It's been for $1 - $2.50cent for centuries
Forget this story, crude oil Will forever be relevant. That's why it's called BLACK GOLD.
IT NOT JUST IN AUTOMOBILES THAT IT'S IMPORTANT.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by HitSong: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2019
trapQ:
No business can reign supreme forever just [s]as no leader (except Christ) can rule forever[/s]. Everything under the sun that has a beginning must have an end.

R.I.P Blackburrish according to Eniola Badmus grin
Keep fooling yourself
Goan tell that rubbish to the Jews
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by HitSong: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2019
Iseoluwani:

I regret been a Nigerian
Being!
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Cooleasy(m): 11:44am On Jun 01, 2019
sircrabo:

I don't use the Blackberry protect app on my phone. if I may ask, what is it used for?
Okay. Blackberry Protect is a separate application that is used for the cloud storage of information on Blackberry phones such as memo, phone contacts etc. Please check whether it is on your device; it is very important for data storage in case you lose your phone and need to recover those data from cloud storage. Please give me your feedback whether the app is in yours. Thanks.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by sircrabo: 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2019
Cooleasy:

Okay. Blackberry Protect is a separate application that is used for the cloud storage of information on Blackberry phones such as memo, phone contacts etc. Please check whether it is on your device; it is very important for data storage in case you lose your phone and need to recover those data from cloud storage. Please give me your feedback whether the app is in yours. Thanks.

Ok, I just saw it under settings. I logged into it using my username and password. I saw options for locking the device, wipe device, flag as stolen...
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by XKZ(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2019
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by IchBinBrait(m): 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
Badgers14:
Life lessons to learn.

Nothing lasts forever.

Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity.

People that messed up their lifes because of Black berry. grin grin

Soon, Mercedes Benz will be used as a Taxi in Ibadan grin grin

Same way it is being used as Taxi in Germany.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Cooleasy(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
sircrabo:

Ok, I just saw it under settings. I logged into it using my username and password. I saw options for locking the device, wipe device, flag as stolen...
Good. You can then use it to back up your critical data on that phone. In case of theft, crash or you lose that phone in any other way, you will just go online to protect. blackberry.com (or .net) login with same username and password and then you can recover all your data, to a new Blackberry phone whose OS is not lower than your current phone's OS.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by wizdomnzube(m): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
Chai. Girls wen loss dia virginity because of curve 2... Naw bbm don die wetin dem go do? cheesy
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by nurez305(m): 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
louiziana:

How much was a brand new Nokia 6500 slide or 6700 then? or 8800 lol
don't mind him, he knows nothing about the price of Java phone. Even most symbian phones then is less expensive than blackberry.

Blackberry bold 2 alone was sold for over 150k when they lunch it. No phone was worth that much during that time blackberry poush was around 350k to 1million depending on the colour . That guy was saying shit. Probably he is one of those guy that use Nokia 2700 with 2go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by nurez305(m): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
NACE13:
This BBM chat didnt freak me for a day. I used BB bold2 and 5 but never took the chat serious. I always preferred Whatsapp.
The only social media app I use are WhatsApp and Nairaland. I like my privacy a lot

Bb did this to themselves, how can you have a not-so-powerful device with bad battery and never for once considered making improvements, most of their apps are paid for and require BB data to work.Imagine trying to use screen grabber only when you have BB subscription.

This same BB that my friend promised this babe for months that she never saw but her kitty paid for empty promises cheesy
that's a lie
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by nurez305(m): 4:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Firgemachar:

For real

BB was more expensive than all Samsung, Sony Ericsson, and Nokia phones

Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. Proverbs
you know nothing and I'm sure that you are one of those 2go boy with Nokia 2700 then. Ordinary new bb bold 2 was sold for 150k which no java phone was sold at that price. Even most symbian phones was sold less than that. Blackberry pouch was once the most expensive phone ranging from 350k to 1milion. Tell me which java phone cost that much. Blackberry are not for 2go kids like you and this your response shows how much you know about the price of phones.

It is even funny for mentioning Samsung as expensive phone then. You need research and know the worth of Samsung decade ago.

Ignoramus at highest order
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

How what happened?
Due to the fact that they made naija believe it's highly harmful to health cos it can loose a rusted bolt if poured on it. Bigi is now more of a brand than lacasera
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by OduduwaYoruba: 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
Bad boy
Goddyj:
I remember so many babes in my area I pounded their pússies just to let them have a feel of my Blackberry phone.

Nothing lasts forever cheesy

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by Florblu(f): 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2019
Bossjakande:
u are a lier u use it. u put bbm pin in one of ur blogs

Bia, which do you lack? Comprehension or Understanding? I said BLACKBERRY PHONE!
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by trapQ: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
Shut up and get lost.

Also I have no business with Jews.
HitSong:

Keep fooling yourself
Goan tell that rubbish to the Jews
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by trapQ: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
I did not say Christianity, I said Jesus Christ. There is a difference.
BuddhaPalm:

Given long enough, Christianity too, perhaps.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
trapQ:
I did not say Christianity, I said Jesus Christ. There is a difference.

Yes, Jesus too.

The Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, etc, had tons of deities who are no longer worshipped.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by toygod2: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2019
Painful,I didn't use the app till it became extinct
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by trapQ: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
Not Jesus. The deities you mentioned came after Jesus and Jesus still stands so what exactly is your point?
BuddhaPalm:

Yes, Jesus too.

The Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, etc, had tons of deities who are no longer worshipped.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2019
trapQ:
Not Jesus. The deities you mentioned came after Jesus and Jesus still stands so what exactly is your point?

Unfortunately, they all predate Jesus. Some by thousands of years.
Re: Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger by nototribalist: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
toygod2:
Painful,I didn't use the app till it became extinct
maybe you were still stuck with Nokia Asha then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. / How To Find Your Encrypted Files On Gionee Android Devices / Nigerian Lady Electrocuted By Her Phone Connected To Light While Asleep(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.