Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Africa, Poverty And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africa, Poverty And Religion (320 Views)

What Do I Think About Jehovah Witness Members And Religion As A Whole? / President Of China’s Comment On Africa And Religion / Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa, Poverty And Religion by iykbethany(m): 7:35pm On May 31, 2019
LET'S DISCUSS THIS VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC

Black people especially Nigerians fast and pray more than any other race or country, we have the highest number of pastors, highest number of churches and highest number of prayer warriors on earth yet we remain the poorest and most miserable people in the world.
What do you guys think is our problem?
Is it that God doesn't like us, or we are cursed as a people or there is something that we are not doing right?

I'm well traveled and have come to realise that the world richest nations doesn't care much about religion while the worlds poorest countries are the most religious.

Also, the wealthiest people in the world are not religious while the worlds poorest people are very religious, they fast and pray more than anyone else.

1 Like

Re: Africa, Poverty And Religion by MJBOLT: 8:16pm On May 31, 2019
religion - opium of the masses
Re: Africa, Poverty And Religion by desiredhome: 9:57pm On May 31, 2019
Simple
Black man with black heart/closed mind while white man has open mind and more Godly than the black man.
Imagine a black country like Nigeria with abundant resources yet poorest county? cry cry

When they focus on irrelevant/less important issues rather than the most important things (truth) they became poorer
Mathew 23:23
Re: Africa, Poverty And Religion by EmperorHarry: 8:26am On Jun 01, 2019
iykbethany:
LET'S DISCUSS THIS VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC

Black people especially Nigerians fast and pray more than any other race or country, we have the highest number of pastors, highest number of churches and highest number of prayer warriors on earth yet we remain the poorest and most miserable people in the world.
Our mentality including you and I. This a country where the level of corruption of an individual is used as a standard for electing such individual into a seat of power and not what the individual has to offer to national development and progress of it's people.The black mentality is poor&unprogressive(the recent generations are slowly freeing themselves from the darkness) when compared to the mentality of nations that are world powers or with higher standards of living.

Is it that God doesn't like us, or we are cursed as a people or there is something that we are not doing right?
We need to change our mentality but I'm afraid it's already too late.

I'm well traveled and have come to realise that the world richest nations doesn't care much about religion while the worlds poorest countries are the most religious
Have you seen the development that has taken over Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait... Are these countries religious? Yup.The religion that is frowned upon the most. Do citizens of the "World richest countries" pay huge money to holiday in these places,yes. So I'm pretty sure your analysis is in error. Take religion put the picture and criticize people.Don't blame religion for our people's predicament although I'd admit it does play a role albeit an almost insignificant one.
Also, the wealthiest people in the world are not religious while the worlds poorest people are very religious, they fast and pray more than anyone else.

Aliko dangote is doing well for himself and if he was in a largely monopolized industry[World] like Mark and Bill,then he probably would be in the top ten.Jeff's wealth is a combination of strategy and diligence that has paid off over time.
Re: Africa, Poverty And Religion by sukerefakere(m): 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Title should be
Africa + Religion = Extreme Poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Poverty And Religion by omoowhe: 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Re: Africa, Poverty And Religion by CrazyMan(m): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
The problem of the black man is his foundation. The foundation on which most of these churches are established is very wrong and the motive why it's established is also wrong as well.

In Africa (case study Nigeria) most people choose not to work, invest think with their heads, but give all they have to their pastors which most times are fake.

When the motive is wrong then results will be zero. People come to church just to receive from God and not because they love God. People are ready to do anything to get deliverance, blessings, promotions...etc but are not ready to live a life free of sin.

Most men of God know this, so they open churches just to prey on the desperation of the congregation.

That's why it looks as if despite the thousands of churches we have in this our beloved country Nigeria, corruption, crime...etc is on the increase daily. It's simply because the motive of both the pastor and the members are wrong.

The pastor wants to milk the members into believing he can deliver them without genuine repentance, and the members believe they can come to church and receive deliverance and prosperity without forsaking their sinful lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Africa, Poverty And Religion by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
Religion is not, and has never been our problem in Nigeria.

I don't know much about other African countries, but I've lived long enough in Nigeria to realize religion is not our problem.

An average Nigerian is lazy and lacks empathy thus constantly looking for how to cheat - these are our major problems.

You may consider Religion as an avenue to morally cheat if you want.

And it's a fact that laziness precedes incompetence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Poverty And Religion by budaatum: 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
iykbethany:

Our problem is, instead of praying to God to give us the sense, and the knowledge, and the wisdom to “be fruitful and increase in number, and fill the earth and subdue it, and rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground", we Nigerians are praying for manna to fall down from the heaven.

To wit I say, pray harder Nigerian. Manna soon come!

(1) (Reply)

Rccg June 2019 Holy Ghost Service / Qualities Of A Good Woman In Relationship / Religions Outdoor Security Lighting System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.