Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? (994 Views)

"No More International Transactions!" Did You Receive This? / Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad / Freelancers, How Do You Withdraw On Freelancer.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by 1x2x3: 7:38pm On May 31, 2019
Hello guys, I'm a freelancer working through fiverr but recently I decided creating my business website to allow me source clients directly rather than go through fiverr stiff rules yet having no customer base outside fiverr.

So far I've secured a few clients but receiving payments has been extremely difficult. I've tried payoneer option which is stressful for the clients since they have to register on payoneer first and on several occasions payments won't go through. I've tried FLUTTERWAVE which didn't work at all. PayPal doesn't receive payment for Nigerian accounts either.

I would like to know if any of you receive direct payment from clients and which payment processing company is easy to use and reliable.

Thanks.
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by czarina(f): 7:50pm On May 31, 2019
Las Las, the platforms are better for funds. Got hired directly by someone outside these platforms but international bank charges for every batch was out of this world. I felt for him.

We had to just stick with one of the platforms.

Maybe if you build a certain level of trust with them, they could pay directly to your bank in bulk for your work. It's risky though for you and for them.

My 1kobo

Cc:MrPhysics, Grupo, Gensteejay, SoNature, Atoningblood Ewawumi Mizwisdom et al

Coman see
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:55pm On May 31, 2019
czarina:
Las Las, the platforms are better for funds. Got hired directly by someone outside these platforms but international bank charges for every batch was out of this world. I felt for him.

Maybe if you build a certain level of trust with them, they could pay directly to your bank in bulk for your work. It's risky though for you and for them.

My 1kobo

Coman see

I'm hoping for a deal like this, at least I'll avoid paying the 20% service charge for my sweat
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by czarina(f): 7:56pm On May 31, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I'm hoping for a deal like this, at least I'll avoid paying the 20% service charge for my sweat
I'm not the op, I called for contributions grin

Yeah, I hate that 20% embarassed
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:57pm On May 31, 2019
1x2x3:
Hello guys, I'm a freelancer working through fiverr but recently I decided creating my business website to allow me source clients directly rather than go through fiverr stiff rules yet having no customer base outside fiverr.

So far I've secured a few clients but receiving payments has been extremely difficult. I've tried payoneer option which is stressful for the clients since they have to register on payoneer first and on several occasions payments won't go through. I've tried FLUTTERWAVE which didn't work at all. PayPal doesn't receive payment for Nigerian accounts either.

I would like to know if any of you receive direct payment from clients and which payment processing company is easy to use and reliable.

Thanks.

You should look into world remit, try to find out if it's possible, I've not used them though but I've heard some good reports from people who have
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by SoNature(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2019
1x2x3, You should tell them to use World Remit.

It is a cross-border payment solution.

The first direct client I worked with used it for months until the contract ended.

I used First Bank account...not a Dom account...and he transferred directly from the US to my local account in Naira.

You will receive credit alerts in split seconds, but your clients will incur some charges.
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by 1x2x3: 9:34pm On May 31, 2019
czarina:

My 1kobo

Coman see

Thank you for your contribution. It's really stressful being in Nigeria as a freelancer. I worked on fiverr for about 2 years and the 20% charge was over $7,000 which is more than enough to set up any business. Any idea about having a USA paypal?
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by 1x2x3: 9:36pm On May 31, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I agree the 20% charge is killing. I lost over $7,000 on fiverr due to such charges yet if you lose your account you will be left with no customer since you can't exchange contacts.

With world remit will the client have to register an account to make payment or they just send payment directly with credit card?
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by 1x2x3: 9:41pm On May 31, 2019
SoNature:
1x2x3, You should tell them to use World Remit.

It is a cross-border payment solution.

The first direct client I worked with used it for months until the contract ended.

I used First Bank account...not a Dom account...and he transferred directly from the US to my local account in Naira.

You will receive credit alerts in split seconds, but your clients will incur some charges.

Thanks bro. What's the charge the client have to pay? I don't mind incurring the charges if its not much.
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by SoNature(m): 10:28pm On May 31, 2019
1x2x3:

Thanks bro. What's the charge the client have to pay? I don't mind incurring the charges if its not much.

Sincerely, I have no idea.

I didn't ask my client at the time.

But I know it will be 'change' in dollars though.

You may give them the option of subtracting the charge from what they would send you. That way, they don't feel cheated
Re: Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? by 1x2x3: 12:01am On Jun 01, 2019
SoNature:

Sincerely, I have no idea.

I didn't ask my client at the time.

But I know it will be 'change' in dollars though.

You may give them the option of subtracting the charge from what they would send you. That way, they don't feel cheated

Must client register an accept before they can send or its direct credit card processing without the need to register?

(1) (Reply)

Smart Ways To Make $100 Daily Via Internet- Episode 1 / 20 Great Books That Will Surely Change Your Life / Who Owns Globus Bank? What Is The New Bank Bringing To The Table?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.