Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad (725 Views)

"No More International Transactions!" Did You Receive This? / Freelancers: How Do You Receive Money Directly From Clients? / Freelancers, How Do You Withdraw On Freelancer.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2021
Honestly this is very discouraging, December 2020 Remittance operators like Wordremit, Transferwise Etc where banned from sending Naira to Nigeria. Two months later, Cryptocurrencies where banned leaving us with almost no legit option. What is really wrong with this people?
A client wants to send $100 to migrate a WordPress website and I'm just stressing the poor man, teaching him how to Buy and send Bitcoin with Cash app on top that I'll still find it difficult to sell! I know Wordremit now sends via USD but the stress of going to bank and aboki is not something I can do for $100.
Please what's your method now, cause this thing is no longer funny.
Re: Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad by samsard(m): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
grossintel:
Honestly this is very discouraging, December 2020 Remittance operators like Wordremit, Transferwise Etc where banned from sending Naira to Nigeria. Two months later, Cryptocurrencies where banned leaving us with almost no legit option. What is really wrong with this people?
A client wants to send $100 to migrate a WordPress website and I'm just stressing the poor man, teaching him how to Buy and send Bitcoin with Cash app on top that I'll still find it difficult to sell! I know Wordremit now sends via USD but the stress of going to bank and aboki is not something I can do for $100.
PayPal, Payoneer, Transferwise and sell peer to peer

2 Likes

Re: Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
grossintel:

If you have transferwise your problem is solved.

Receive USD payments to your transferwise and sell to me as high as $420

Note that you can now link your Paypal to transferwise should you choose to receive money via Paypal. Everything is easy now. very easy.

3 Likes

Re: Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
samsard:
PayPal, Payoneer, Transferwise and sell peer to peer
PayPal now receives to Nigeria? Transferwise now sends Naira?
Re: Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad by samsard(m): 8:30pm On Mar 26, 2021
grossintel:
PayPal now receives to Nigeria? Transferwise now sends Naira?
I do remember mentioning peer to peer for Transferwise. The wise will understand.
There are effective workarounds for PayPal

3 Likes

Re: Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad by millennialaku2: 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
grossintel:
use binance p2p nd sell at 480/$

4 Likes

Re: Freelancers How Do You Receive Money From Clients Abroad by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 27, 2021
millennialaku2:

use binance p2p nd sell at 480/$
Thanks, never thought of that.

(1) (Reply)

Car Available For Quick Sale / Buy Your Polos At Wholesale Price / Discover: The Exact Online Business That literally shook my Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.