Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. (1368 Views)

Built On The Bodies Of Slaves: How Africa Was Erased from Modern World History / Your Whatsapp Account Will Be Deleted If You Don't Agree To New Terms / Changed my post title so you won't know why I became #1 trending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by Textra(m): 7:11am On Jun 01, 2019
I wish to deactivate my nairaland account but I am afraid if I do, some of my wrong comment, my contact here may be online forever and may be use against me in the future.
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by Textra(m): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2019
h

1 Like

Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2019
No
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:12am On Jun 01, 2019
Textra:
I wish to deactivate my nairaland account but I am afraid if I do, some of my wrong comment, my contact here may be online forever and may be use against me in the future.

You can edit all your comments before deactivating your account. Without that, your comments will always show.
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by Textra(m): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2019
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

You can edit all your comments before deactivating your account. Without that, your comments will always show.

But the mod has ban me from even editing my profile, quoting or replying or editing any comment, I can only share.
Please, what can I do?
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2019
Textra:

But the mod has ban me from even editing my profile, quoting or replying or editing any comment, I can only share.
Please, what can I do?

Which account did you use to quote me now? Your second account? Or the said account you said is on ban?
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by Textra(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2019
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Which account did you use to quote me now? Your second account? Or the said account you said is on ban?

This is a new account,
I can't even create a topic with that anymore.
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2019
Textra:

This is a new account,
I can't even create a topic with that anymore.

I can relate grin There is nothing you can do until the ban elapses and going by how you act over this, I think the ban is a long-term one. Maybe you should consider DMing them super mods to know if there is anything they can do about it (waiver ni).

2 Likes

Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by Textra(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2019
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

I can relate grin There is nothing you can do until the ban elapses and going by how you act over this, I think the ban is a long-term one. Maybe you should consider DMing them super mods to know if there is anything they can do about it (waiver ni).

How will I contact him/her?
I sincerely appreciate your time and patience with me.

What matter most is even my phone contact there!
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:17am On Jun 01, 2019
Textra:

Go to the front page then scroll down to the Last topic there. Just below the Last topic there, you will see mail supermods . Male them with your complaint. Endavour to make your point clear and why it's important for you to edit some of your comments that have vital information about you before deactivating your account. They are humans too! They will surely listen to your plea.
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by meobizy(f): 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
Textra:

If after two weeks nobody contacts the phone number then nothing dey happen.
I had a friend who posted his phone numbers constantly before finally deleting his account.
He posted them based on business reasons but this forum full of poor men's children gave no correspondence.
It's two full years later and still nothing.

Don't worry yourself, deactivate the account if you deem fit.
Here information gets piled on with new information.
After two weeks nobody will remember commenting in this thread.
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by budaatum: 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
Textra:
No. You will just become a Nobody. Your posts will remain. Even if you change some you can't change where you've been quoted.

The moral of the story so to speak, is, think before you type.
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by Xbursta(m): 12:16am On Jun 02, 2019
Textra:

Bro thanks for an open eye am deleting my contact ASAP
Re: If I Deactivate My Nairaland Account Will My Post And Comment Be Erased Too. by mokaflex(m): 3:35am On Jun 02, 2019
If you ask me.... Na who I go ask?
Ok ask naira marley.

(1) (Reply)

Uyo Is Bloody! Uniuyo Shut Down As Cult Clash Claims One | See Details / Life In Nysc Camp Mangu Plateau State / My Life Has No Purpose Anymore. Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.