Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye (17248 Views)

Wanted: Tinubu’s Classmates At Richard Daley College / ‘Obituary’: Sam Omatseye Alleges Death Threats From Obi’s Supporters / See What Would Have Happened If Buhari Wanted Tinubu As Successor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by nairalandkachy1: 11:31am On Mar 11
Sam Omatseye, the Chairman of the editorial board of The Nation Newspapers, has disclosed that former President Muhammadu Buhari and the “vampires and peacocks” around him never wanted Bola Tinubu to become president.

He disclosed that some stakeholders around Buhari were afraid of Tinubu, hence plotted against his emergence as president.

He disclosed this in his latest book titled: “Beating all odds: diaries and essays on how Bola Tinubu became president.”

“I knew the president – Muhammadu Buhari – did not want him. The peacocks and vampires around him did not want him. Some stakeholders in the country did not only resent him, they were afraid of him. The plot thickened quickly.

“Conspiracies festered in sewers and in the open. And it began with the party’s top brass. In cahoots with the presidential cabal, they edged out Adams Oshiomhole’s executive as the first major step to immobilise Tinubu’s ambition. They also broached a consensus candidate. Law crippled them as they fell foul of defining the phrase they coined, and they could not even manage the idea of open and closed primaries. At every turn, they stumbled into crosswinds. Their own weapon turned their own folly.

“Tinubu was never fazed about the task ahead. He peered a rose-scented garden when others saw for him a forest of a thousand demons. In 2021 December, he said he was preparing a speech towards the end of January, 2022, to announce his intention to run. He would wait for the yuletide and new year euphoria to ebb out before throwing himself in the ring.”

His is also a matter of destiny. He did not have a hand in all his victory. In some of them, he watched himself rise like a swimmer on the crest of a sudden tide, or a shorebird. For instance, he was not the one who coerced the northern governors of his party, some of them with ambition to be president, to coalesce to endorse a southern candidate. He did not rally some northern governors to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari and say they did not believe the party should field a southerner because Atiku was too formidable to tackle with a southerner. A northern gladiator called for a northern foil. They returned with a list of themselves when the president asked them to draw a list, and the president shunned them for advertising themselves. He wanted someone else, Ahmad Lawan. His candidate was not the choice of the northern governors, so they compelled then Governor Simon Lalong as chair of the northern governors to convene a meeting. When it held, it was more a chaos of finger pointing and colliding ambitions than a strategy for a northern point man. Less out of altruism than love of the south, they yielded.

Tinubu was not there when the party chairman was throwing tantrums over the choice at a party stakeholders’ meeting with President Buhari. Not a shadow of Tinubu was there when the northern governors were summoned to defend the idea of a southern candidacy to President Buhari. It was not he who was on Lalong’s lips when he defended the justice of having a southerner. As Richard Nixon wrote in his memoirs, “history affects us more than we affect history.” It was a case of an unflinching hand of fate working for him. Even in epic tales from Shaka to Odysseus to Sundiata, the hero enjoyed the mercy of the gods.

It was not Tinubu who set Peter Obi on a collision course with his PDP. He did not set the party on fire with five governors led by then Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike. Or Kwankwaso who turned the Kano tide against PDP.

It is still speculative if all those votes would have gone to the PDP, although it is generally believed that the southeast votes were Peter Obi’s gift to Tinubu. Negative became positive. Could there have been a renewing of strategy if it was a straight fight between Tinubu and Atiku? Would Atiku have succeeded in rallying Christians the way Obi did? What kind of bona fides would he have invoked from his logic or biography to impress pastors who saw an apocalypse in a so-called Muslim-Muslim ticket. Would southerners and those in the Middlebelt have picked a Fulani to take over from a Fulani? Would a Tinubu hatred have forgiven Atiku’s sins? We can only speculate. Maybe Obi came to quell all their anxieties. He was a “godsend” expiation. He gave them an excuse to make peace with their conscience who would not vote a Muslim or a Yoruba man.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/beating-all-odds/amp/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by limeta(f): 11:36am On Mar 11
Rubbish then Rubbish now

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by atiku4President(m): 11:37am On Mar 11
We all know that Buhari saw today.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by DeLaRue: 11:41am On Mar 11
The story of Tinubu's ascension to the Presidency will probably never be matched in the history of this country.

I remember a highly connected friend telling me, there's no way out for the man. He is out, he said. He was 100% sure the man would not become president.

The intrigues, obstacles, trials, plots etc, and to top it all, the famous Abeokuta 'emilokan' speech, which I now believe to be one of the most impactful political speeches of the last 50 years.

That speech sent the country into a gripping non-physical pandemonium, and engulfed his enemies in confusion they never recovered from.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

94 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by AyeMoJuba: 11:44am On Mar 11
proeast:
All the mugus surrounding Tinubu are now tactically Buhari and northerners. They’re already sensing northerners are cooking for Tinubu and they’re already crying.

Tinubu will be booted out disgracefully like Gbagbo and will happen. Useless bunch of bigots!

Those who are relevant in the society have done far more than this ur useless wailing but where are they today and where's Tinubu?

You are just wasting ur time...Tinubu will be there till 2031
Nothing you or your stupid leaders can do about it.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by limeta(f): 11:45am On Mar 11
AyeMoJuba:

Since you are filled of hatred and blessed with an empty skull, this write up is expected to be called rubbish by you.

Oh pls piss off
Snake talking of hate

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by farouk2much(m): 11:51am On Mar 11
Buhari is a bastard... I admited it....... But his move to stop this monkey from presidency is very fantastic.... But we no gree hear....

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by MrPADDY(m): 11:51am On Mar 11
He did not have a hand in all his victory....?

But he had been fighting against every governments in the past, except Buhari, who he knew after him, it would be "his turn". Did he need to be presence in all those meetings when he had Inec, judiciary and other organs of government that would work for his victory in his pockets?

Do you thing if Buhari was in charge of his government, as a sitting president, and decided to go the usual APC way, Tinubu would be able to go against his choice, and succeed?

Against all odds, he used all the weapons in his arsenal, including 'Grab it, Snatch it, and Run with it' to get to power. Then what next? Hardship, insecurity, inflation, high exchange rate, high cost of living?

It is a shame that the country is at its lowest point right now, and all that matters is how the president won election against all odds.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by Brendaniel: 11:51am On Mar 11
DeLaRue:
The story of Tinubu's ascension to the Presidency will probably never be matched in the history of this country.

I remember a highly connected friend telling me, there's no way out for the man. He is out, he said. He was 100% sure the man would not become president.

The intrigues, obstacles, trials, plots etc, and to top it all, the famous Abeokuta 'emilokan' speech, which I now believe to be one of the most impactful political speeches of the last 50 years.

That speech sent the country into a gripping non-physical pandemonium, and engulfed his enemies in confusion they never recovered from.

AyeMoJuba:

Those who are relevant in the society have done far more than this ur useless wailing but where are they today and where's Tinubu?

You are just wasting ur time...Tinubu will be there till 2031
Nothing you or your stupid leaders can do about it.

That's all you guys are concerned about, winning election, there are more pressing issues in Tinubu's governance he has failed in but Tinubu winning election is more important to you guys.....

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by Gbadugbakun(m): 11:51am On Mar 11
Buhari saw what most Nigerians couldn't see. Look at where we are today. To see food chop na problem. undecided

Yesterday was women day in my church. What they gave us as refreshments was zobo and puff puff. Whereas other years the women would cook varieties of soups, swallow and rice.

I deliberately went to church that yesterday so that I can fill my empty stomach but I shock as they started sharing nylon bags with 3 small puff puff and I plastic bottle of zobo. I couldn't cry.

I chop am sha, but e no belley full me. cry

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by yungrylex00(m): 11:52am On Mar 11
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by b3llo(m): 11:52am On Mar 11
Buhari and friends go dey collect

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by Sheuns(m): 11:52am On Mar 11
Egbe’n kole iwo n ji iso.

If not PDP that couldn’t and didn’t put their house in order we won’t be saying all these. A repeat of PDP 2019 ticket would have sent APC packing forever.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by BluntCrazeMan: 11:52am On Mar 11
nairalandkachy1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/beating-all-odds/amp/

Obidients came after this Sam that year,, and his kinsmen started giving public apology on his behalf.

Now he is back to writing rubbish again??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by Nackzy: 11:53am On Mar 11
Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by Spuggie: 11:53am On Mar 11
Let's not just be quick to throw shades at others

Let Tinubu focus on the job at hand of making Nigeria great again because so far he is doing a bad job.

Politicking is over. Let Tinubu work. It is not enough to steal power and run with it

At least, if he has no ideas on how to run the country, he should leave it where he met it.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by IrepChrist: 11:54am On Mar 11
Nigeria must unite now and fight our common enemies. The south must be careful there saboteurs in the northern gang.

No price is too much for peace.

Jesus loves you
Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by SouthSouth1914: 11:54am On Mar 11
Turns out those purported peacocks and vampires were right! They were the patriots and the current government are the vampires, rats and peacocks eating Nigeria to rot!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by jumper524(m): 11:54am On Mar 11
The moment I realized some cabals trying hard to force Jonathan into the APC platform, that's when I realised truly they hijacked buharis govt and wanted someone easy to control.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by iHart(m): 11:54am On Mar 11
Do Nigerians want him to be president? Leave Buhari out of the equation, tell your principal to fix the country!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by 1x2x3: 11:54am On Mar 11
DeLaRue:

That speech sent the country into pandemonium, and engulfed his enemies in confusion they never recovered from.

Have you received your pay for last month?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by frankyychiji(f): 11:57am On Mar 11
We are watching what happens next, now that the monkeys have overrun the car.

The only thing that will finally set this country ablaze will be tinubu's horde of propagandists.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by datola: 11:57am On Mar 11
We know
Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by Mozegee: 11:57am On Mar 11
And how has his presidency help common man like. ... Stupid write up

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by bestman09(m): 11:58am On Mar 11
angry
Everything is an opportunity in this nation. Will this make petrol N65? or dollar N216? Just cash out with your useless book.
Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by spako4(m): 11:58am On Mar 11
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by Basicend: 11:59am On Mar 11
Tinubu had / has a chance to bring a balance to the economic issues of Nigeria nonetheless.

If he had entered fully prepared and started cutting excessive leakages from the beginning while reducing corruption and greed, Nigeria will not be at the current status.

It will be very challenging for him due to gross graft that occured before him, but if he is ready, he can still stabilize Nigeria at least to a quite commendable measure before he leaves office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by Obycus: 12:00pm On Mar 11
To me the write-up doesn't make sense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by LadyExcellency: 12:00pm On Mar 11
He then bought the INEC and President with his money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye by derecho(m): 12:01pm On Mar 11
Omatseye needs anoda money from Tinubu

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Discover Bomb Factory In Enugu / "Probe Oshiomhole" - Osadolor Ochei Tells Court To Compel EFCC To Probe Ex Gov. / Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.