Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants (41872 Views)

IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Btruth: 7:39am On Jun 02, 2019
imam07:
Canada is waiting for your social media details too.
Europe will follow soon. Africa is messed up big time. This mean the 2nd way of total slavery.

1 Like

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by ecclize: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2019
Olubet18:
[color=#990000][/color
thunder must fire u. If u ever qoute me with that rubbish again. Let this be ur first and last. Eleribu

1 Like

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Just2endowed2(m): 7:43am On Jun 02, 2019
[quote author=ednut1 post=78941702]Well i wont be applying anytime soon. I have always bashed that murderer obama and killary on facebook. U lick saudi's ass cause of oil and money. But will say syria, iraq and others are despots. What of saudi. U scattered libya cause of selfish reasons. Keep ya visa . Canada dey der[/gquote]

Dude, you will. Still go through USA embassy to apply for Canadian own.

1 Like

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Just2endowed2(m): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2019
Btruth:
Europe will follow soon. Africa is messed up big time. This mean the 2nd way of total slavery.

It's sympathizers of terrorist that will be greatly affected

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by sevunteen(m): 7:49am On Jun 02, 2019
ecclize:

is applicable to all migrants... The law is not only for Nigerians

Believe me bro, Africa caused it. We've soiled our continent's name. I know the law isn't just for Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 02, 2019
The US have become really paranoid, or is this just to deter visa Applicants.

I hear they have also stopped the Visa lottery.

2 Likes

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by sevunteen(m): 7:50am On Jun 02, 2019
Melison:

Are they referring to Nigeria only??

Believe me bro, Africa caused it. We've soiled our continent's name. I know the law isn't just for Nigerians.
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by budaatum: 7:51am On Jun 02, 2019
Saltybear:

I hope you know the internet has digital footprints? You might think this is a faceless forum. But you would be surprised how many people I have traced their real identity from their numerous accounts on faceless forums like this

Be warned

They gonna drop drones on me or what? Lol.
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by sevunteen(m): 7:51am On Jun 02, 2019
klas:

The requirement is not specific to Nigeria. It is applicable to any applicant that needs US visa worldwide.

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Btruth: 7:52am On Jun 02, 2019
VillagePipu:

Calm down and stop typing as if you are frustrated.

The US won't give you visa if they don't like. It is not your right, it is a privilege. Your right is to sit down in Nigeria and fix it. Going to another person's country is a privilege.

Anyway, if you have something sensible to benefit the US, they would consider your application.
You don't seem to get his explanations. Going to the US doesn't necessarily means one is going there to stay. Many people are visiting for businesses, conferences and others things. Everything still boils down to US using style to infringe on others privacy which is totally wrong. Because I want their visa, does that means I cannot criticize them when they are wrong publicly?

damn!
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by LZAA: 7:52am On Jun 02, 2019
deomelo:

Forcing you or not is not the issue, the question is, is it against the law or not when they demand your social media details. It is not because they do so every day. The other village joker said they will get sued, no they won't because it's not against the law.

Btw, they don't have to force any job seeker to do anything, it's up to them if they want the job or not, this is common sense which I doubt you know anything about.

Learn how to read and comprehend simple English words.
Receive sense asap
Cc immhotep sarrki Adaibeku

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by ecclize: 7:53am On Jun 02, 2019
sevunteen:

u are... It was purposely make for Africans infact with Nigeria as prime culprit
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 02, 2019
ogbonti:
Guys, I know say una body dey hot right now, like the USA don't want to give you guys visa bla bla bla, that's not true.

The truth is that, UNLIKE Nigeria, America care about the protection and welfare of her citizens. Most Nigerian guys who travel to the US, especially the ones on student visas are so irritating. How can you arrive the US and the only thing u want to do is Yahoo Yahoo. You don't want to work, but u want to cruise big cars, party, nack big time chics, support your family at home in Nigeria who put enormous pressure on you, not to talk of your friend's too or chic you left in naija, that u have raked for that once u get to US, the taxi that took you from the airport to your school is the first car you will send home (lmao, we use to say that BS a lot those days)

A lot of naija youths here don't even want to work, they are on instangram and twitter all day trying to live fake lives and they get tucked up into these love scams, credit card and identity fraud just to meet up the utopian standards they set for themselves.

So when the US starts connecting the dots and see a pattern, then it is only normal for them to want to see your social media account. They know naija guys are fleecing their citizens daily in millions and they are tired. If na you nko, will you not protect your family member from a stranger seeking to visit your house if they have a record of, or propensity for criminality?

So before you accuse or insult the US, ask yourself. HOW DID NIGERIA GET TO THIS LEVEL OF LEPROUS AVOIDANCE BY THE U.S.?

it's time to tell ourselves the truth, "EACH TIME YOU HAIL THAT YAHOO BOY, PRAISING HIM THAT HE IS SMART, YOU ARE HAILING AWAY YOUR EASE OF GOING TO AMERICA LATER IN LIFE, BECAUSE THE SINS OF THAT YAHOO BOY WILL BE VISITED ON YOU AT THE EMBASSY..... in their eyes, we all are one and the same, "Nigerians" until you can prove yourselves otherwise.

period!

Very Nicely and truthfully put. grin He who have ears let them hear!!

5 Likes

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2019
Btruth:
You don't seem to get his explanations. Going to the US doesn't necessarily means one is going there to stay. Many people are visiting for businesses, conferences and others things. Everything still boils down to US using style to infringe on others privacy which is totally wrong. Because I want their visa, does that means I cannot criticize them when they are wrong publicly?

damn!
You may be right, but they don't care, if you don't Agree don't apply for US visa.

The idea is for any US visa applicant not to criticise the US. i think.
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by ogbonti: 7:59am On Jun 02, 2019
gypsey:
Very Nicely and truthfully put. grin He who have ears let them hear!!

Thanks brotherly

1 Like

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 02, 2019
WowSweetGuy:
Privacy life infringement kinda

Make dem carry their US go...China might soon take over.

Contact me for Chinese visa, Admission to University and Legit Business with China
grin grin grin That means NO US visa for you, but The US have become really paranoid.

No legit business in China, not for Nigerians Atleast.
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Bidem16: 8:02am On Jun 02, 2019
I need an undergraduate scholarship.. Biko
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by error4040: 8:03am On Jun 02, 2019
deomelo:

^^^^^^^^U.S. Equal Employment
Opportunity Commission

1. No need to ask US citizens for their social media details because they are not applying for US Visa to enter their own country, so learn how to uses sane and rational logic on the internet.

2. The US government and employers in the US have every right to demand your social media details and they've been doing this for years, it's not against the law.

You don't know anything about the US and before calling other people names or labelling them slowpoke and illiterate, look in the mirror because you are both.

Villagers getting funky

Dammn that was Ruthless.
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by uuzba(m): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2019
TheLogicalMind:
Only those who regularly bash America and accuse the CIA of being the architect of the 911 attacks will be worried.
If they ask you to parade naked round Lagos in public, Shey you will still apply for the Visa?
What they want now is not different from olden days slavery. Expose your privacy.

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by casperuk(m): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2019
It doesn't make sense. Must I use Facebook (american), Twitter (American), Google (american), Apple (america)? This is just another level of spying and data mining.
Individual people trying to live their lives as simply as possible.
The US government can spy on their citizens' phone calls and internet activities. They also spy on other country's citizen through their applications like facebook, twitter and etc.
Huawai is lunching a 5G network and they feel the Chinese would use it to exploit their people and spy on them.
Why? Because they are all doing it.

Why do they want to mine data of people all over the world? because they want to know what you are thinking, what you like, what are your expectations. Knowledge is power! With such knowledge they can form propagandas, electoral promises, sway lots of people towards a trend and majority would be hooked. I for one confess that I always check my mum and wife's search history. Looking at that alone tells me a lot what they are thinking and what is in their mind. imagine sometimes I see my wife searching 'How is HIV transmitted', 'I dont enjoy sex any more with my husband', 'Should I confess adultery' (lol, Not my wife's real search oooo lol) grin And so if I know what my wife is thinking, I am the master manipulator! Well I am fair, I use it to the advantage of my marriage. Before you judge me, fight google and facebook and the us government, they started it cheesy grin

Imagine Google wants to build a personality profile of you, they can mine and map out data of you for the last 10 years and construct a personality profile. Their A.I knows more about you than you know yourself. ( i.e can play for you music you like etc)
News is given to me that I am interested on, sales are offered to me that I interests' me (tempting me even when I don't really want it now).

America knows about Buhari more than he knows himself. They even probably know what he intends to do before Nigerian citizens.

There is no free lunch. There is something to exchange with every application we engage with online, and in this modern age if we want to enjoy most of this high tech stuff we loss some part of our privacy.

I believe even nairaland keeps tabs of IP address lol grin

Any day a new law can spring up and nairaland could tell us all to verify our detail with our international passport if we want to continue to post on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Saltybear:

I hope you know the internet has digital footprints? You might think this is a faceless forum. But you would be surprised how many people I have traced their real identity from their numerous accounts on faceless forums like this

Be warned
Maybe, but it has to really be of Interest for Anyone to trace an Individual on a faceless forum, i mean, it would be irrelevant tracing a faceless invidual either because you didn't like their comments and tracing them would also be a form of crime that you would be commiting, i mean, who gave you the rights? are your actions within the laws? Or do you just enjoy tracing people on enternet? and you could have an ulterior motives hence you would be hacking into their systems. what exactly would be your reasons or excuse to do such? and when you do get the informations you want, what are you gonna do with it? go After them or what? grin
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by martineverest(m): 8:14am On Jun 02, 2019
Warship:
Don't register your real names on social media and don't take your main android or smart phones to the embassy.

If possible, get a new phone and open up old accounts you rarely make comments on.
that will be the biggest mistake....all the devices,email and social media u use are all networked.u can't escape it

Ur android phone is made lively with Gmail and sometimes Ur Gmail is linked to Ur phone too.they have AI that will link and discern all Ur hidden details

the biggest way to discern Ur hidden social media account is to use your picture..Never underrate the power of facial recognition technology

I laff at most Nigerians that took part in Facebook #10yearsChallenge

1 Like

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by charlesELIKIBA: 8:15am On Jun 02, 2019
and after all this stress.... you end up running or being shot by the too many loose guns on the streets.

i have never being a fan of the USA, there are better destinations guys.... abraod na abroad
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 02, 2019
Good you cant be supporting Buhari and looking for American visa at the same time
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by JustCurious: 8:16am On Jun 02, 2019
ednut1:
so usa issues Canada visa

The rule applies to all northern American countries such as The USA, Canada etc. Read the article carefully.

PS: The USA is a country name. While, North America is a continent. smiley The two embassies work hand in hand, most of the time.

1 Like

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2019
martineverest:
that will be the biggest mistake....all the devices,email and social media u use are all networked.u can't escape it

Ur android phone is made lively with Gmail and sometimes Ur Gmail is linked to Ur phone too.they have AI that will link and discern all Ur hidden details
Absolutely! grin
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by Unibenfucker(m): 8:18am On Jun 02, 2019
�����
Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by charlesELIKIBA: 8:19am On Jun 02, 2019
xapo:
abeg na by force to go america

i tire oh.

1 Like

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by rusher14: 8:24am On Jun 02, 2019
OTayobami:
Bleep us man make dem go sidon for gutter...the country was never my dream country, God punish US when my darling UK or Spain dey there?

You dey remember all your Facebook posts.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by nothingspoil70: 8:24am On Jun 02, 2019
This is a special gift to all of you Donald Trump supporters especially in Nigeria.

First he called your country a shithole you clapped for him

Then he called your president lifeles you hailed him

Why are you all moaning about this one now?

But you ain't see nathing yet wait until he gets his second term he will find a way to stop you guys totally from coming to his country which is my prayer

Maybe then you will start fighting your leaders not on Nairaland or any social media but on the streets to fix your country
Fools

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants by rusher14: 8:25am On Jun 02, 2019
OmoAregbesola:
Yo ba iyalaya Trump, who d hell do Yankees think they are?
Moro pe ori won buru L'amerika. OMO Nija nimi, nija ni ma ti hammer. Country way no get Gbegiri ati amala , no Eba ati egusi & ogunfe is DAT one a country. Mtcheeew

Funny guy.

But I chop Egusi for Brooklyn that year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Desirable Areas To Live In Lagos / Two Nigerian Sisters Rescued From The Mediterranean Sea / Mikel Obi & Babymama Olga Loved Up In New Photo With Their Twin Babies

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.