Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs (34261 Views)

There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses / Churches Outnumber Pubs In The UK, RCCG Is Now Largest Pentecostal Denomination / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Atigba: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Those who like to claim western world has fully backslidden and that it's the reason they are advanced won't like this.
Church is a spiritual affair and not the trash our satanic neighbours have made it look like with their unending attacks.

It is only Nigerians and few other Africa countries that attend these church.

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by stevebless: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2019
Last last you'll spend money either way. Better I use it to drink beer and enjoy myself.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by rusher14: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
farem:

You just must proclaim the achievement of your father's kingdom!

You have a problem with facts?

Or you would rather shut me down?
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by mrkings84(m): 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
TheWrita:
Am I the only one seeing that 'Nigerian Bush country' statement that they casually tossed in there?

Then are we not a bush country?
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by budaatum: 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
Kokoebapluse:
grin UK cheesy, many people in UK always convert to Islam they have turn many of their church's to mosque.
Oyinbo wey abandon God and abandon Jesus will now turn to Allah?

You lie! Oyinbo would rather turn to atheism and zumba and yoga and foodbank to help local people in crisis and beer!

Can anyone tell me anywhere I can go for help in godly praying Nigeria if I'm in crisis please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
budaatum:

Oyinbo wey abandon God abandon and Jesus will now turn to Allah?

You lie! Oyinbo would rather turn to atheism and zumba and yoga and foodbank to help local people in crisis and beer!

Can anyone tell me anywhere I can go for help in godly praying Nigeria if I'm in crisis please?

I don't like aguement too much, but pls do your own research. Muslim have buy some churches and turn it to mosque, and many of them have turn to Islam. If you doubt it pls do research?

Thanks you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
sukerefakere:
This topic will hit front page.

Modified:

Christianity na scam se
YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by budaatum: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

I don't like aguement too much, but pls do your own research. Muslim have buy some churches and turn it to mosque, and many of them have turn to Islam. If you doubt it pls do research?

Thanks you
You are telling a researcher to do research? Funny.

The Muslims are indeed buying churches but it's not oyinbo who is converting to Islam but the record increase in immigrants from Muslim countries and the fact that immigrants have more children. Immigrants are also responsible for the rise of Christians in Europe too which is why it is foreign RCCG and Winners that is growing while the traditional European churches (Catholic, CoE), are the ones selling churches to the Muslims you yourself said are, "buying them and turning them into Mosques". Only a few, mind. Most are turned into homes.

By the way people, Muslims are buying the traditional church buildings that are usually built of stone with one in each parish. RCCG and Winners are usually in former shops on the high streets. Just saying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by yahwehreigns: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Imo1stson:

Imagine the insult

My brother na so I see the thing myself
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2019
mrkings84:

Then are we not a bush country?
Go to America and make a deragotary remark about their country.
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
budaatum:

You are telling a researcher to do research? Funny.

The Muslims are indeed buying churches but it's not oyinbo who is converting to Islam but the record increase in immigrants from Muslim countries and the fact that immigrants have more children. Immigrants are also responsible for the rise of Christians in Europe too which is why it is foreign RCCG and Winners that is growing while the traditional European churches (Catholic, CoE), are the ones selling churches to the Muslims you yourself said are, "buying them and turning them into Mosques". Only a few, mind. Most are turned into homes.

By the way people, Muslims are buying the traditional church buildings that are usually built of stone with one in each parish. RCCG and Winners are usually in former shops on the high streets. Just saying.

Where you will understand is, have you ever seen mosque in any muslim country turning to church? No, but it's proof that many are leaving christainity everyday by day. And Islam is growing over that area. If now why many churches are turning to mosque? In both US and UK Islam is growing and everyday christainity is dicreasing. There is no place for aguement here sir, let wait for some year to come now, you will understand more, and understand what am saying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Aidejay(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
When u go to those churches abroad u will see the clear difference between what pastors are allowed to spew today and call it gospel and what those men and women abroad can't because their asses will be sued into penury
The law is clear and human rights is highly regarded

1 Like

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by budaatum: 5:35pm On Jun 02, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Where you will understand is, have you ever seen mosque in any muslim country turning to church? No, but it's proof that many are leaving christainity everyday by day. And Islam is growing over that area. If now why many churches are turning to mosque? In both US and UK Islam is growing and everyday christainity is dicreasing. There is no place for aguement here sir, let wait for some year to come now, you will understand more, and understand what am saying.
Argue with you? Me? You wait! I'll go do research and educate you on it so you understand.

Christianity has been decreasing in Europe since the 17th Century when the Age of Enlightenment (also known as the Age of Reason or simply the Enlightenment), began and oyinbo looked up into the sky and wondered if it could possibly be true that their God created all they saw in 6 days and rested on the 7th.

And when they got in ships to look for the end of the earth to see if they'd fall off it but didn't but found other human beings instead created by different gods to their own, their "God", at least as commonly understood, started dying, as far as they were concerned, which is why they are being fruitful and increasing in number, and filling and subduing the earth and so on and obviously being blessed.

Now I'll wait. To see if you understand.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
budaatum:

Argue with you? Me? You wait! I'll go do research and educate you on it so you understand.

Christianity has been decreasing in Europe since the 17th Century when the Age of Enlightenment (also known as the Age of Reason or simply the Enlightenment), began and oyinbo looked up into the sky and wondered if it could possibly be true that their God created all they saw in 6 days and rested on the 7th.

And when they got in ships to look for the end of the earth to see if they'd fall off it but didn't but found other human beings instead created by different gods to their own, their "God", at least as commonly understood, started dying, as far as they were concerned, which is why they are being fruitful and increasing in number, and filling and subduing the earth and so on and obviously being blessed.

Now I'll wait. To see if you understand.

Am not talking only oyinbo here am talking about all christain generally, christainity is going to an end on Earth. But am so happy that you understand that.

Let continue in wait.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Legendguru: 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
rccg and all the nigerian.churches are business as usual.the top pastors and those pastors with connections and those holding top offices in rccg worldwide are getting richer building several massive mansions ride in expensive cars fly oversees anyhow while the poor members who contribute their offerings and tithes are getting poorer
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by farem: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
rusher14:

You have a problem with facts?

Or you would rather shut me down?

Who your negative, phantom fact don epp? Tell us the location, if its a fact.
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by rusher14: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
farem:

Try Brighton, UK.
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by rusher14: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
farem:

google suggest there are 900 pubs in Brighton.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Larryndelaw: 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ask me who are the member. The same Nigerians. You will think when they mention uk ttere will be white people attending the church. Nah lie. Same same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by grandstar(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
budaatum:
New figures have revealed the UK has 40,300 church buildings compared to just 39,000 pubs.

That doesn’t mean more people are becoming religious, with the change being blamed on the dwindling number of boozers.

Around three pubs are closing every day, meaning more than 11,000 locals have shut down in the last decade – a fall of almost a quarter.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/16/uk-now-churches-pubs-11000-boozers-shut-decade-9223606/

I suspect one reason they are shutting down is because of the ban on smoking. Drinking and smoking go hand in hand with many people and the absence of a smoke will chase the smokers away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by budaatum: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
grandstar:

I suspect one reason they are shutting down is because of the ban on smoking. Drinking and smoking go hand in hand with many people and the absence of a smoke will chase the smokers away.
Pubs, you mean? Correct. Most pubs had no outside and are the ones that do tend to shut. The ones with outside space and gardens are thriving.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by budaatum: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
rusher14:

google suggest there are 900 pubs in Brighton.
Abi na! Good one!

Even if we nefa enter Brighton, google de now!
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by rusher14: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
budaatum:

Abi na! Good one!

Even if we nefa enter Brighton, google de now!

You never enter before?
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by budaatum: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2019
rusher14:

You never enter before?
"Wouldn't you like to be beside the seaside", as we sing, about five times or so.
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by rusher14: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
budaatum:

"Wouldn't you like to be beside the seaside", as we sing, about five times or so.

Hove?

Moulsecoombe?

Elm grove?

Woodingdean?
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by zoedew: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Proof of all this ur gibberish...........

Indeed true that fool says in his heart that there is no God!
Psalms 14:1

“The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works,
there is none that doeth good.”
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Lexusgs430: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2019
zoedew:

Indeed true that fool says in his heart that there is no God!
Psalms 14:1

“The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works,
there is none that doeth good.”

All this quotations are still from that story book.......
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by chijokz(m): 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

My friend, you know you are in the minority......... Majority, are unfortunately still financial slaves the their so - called MOG..........
I agree with you..i believe it's the majority that you were referring to as the 'gullible'..which is who these MOG are targeting..the minority like me and you are called 'bad market'
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by zoedew: 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

All this quotations are still from that story book.......

I see it’s taking you too long to fathom that fools see the Bible as a story book. Typical!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by victons(m): 1:52am On Jun 03, 2019
Wow...at least, we can now export religion.
Re: RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs by Lexusgs430: 6:21am On Jun 03, 2019
zoedew:

I see it’s taking you too long to fathom that fools see the Bible as a story book. Typical!

What is it, other than a story book? What makes your position better than mine? You believe in the doctrines of a story book, setting rules (which majority of you do not adhere to)...........

The words in that storybook is been played like a football, majority of the ignorant one's are following foolishly, going hungry, while their greedy shepherd is feeding large......... But that story, conveniently has a passage to blind your trail of thoughts and thinking faculties........

Ignore and keep following....... Keep following like an ignorant fool...........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“Bring Buhari To Me, I’ll Heal Him Just As I Healed Babangida” – Satguru Maharaj / 99% Of Human Beings Are Going To Hell - Mummy G.O (Video) / Adeboye Wearing Convocation Gown In UNN (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.