Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: (10341 Views)

Beware Of Liberty Reserve Scam With These Tips:for BUYERS Nd SELLERS! / HELP! !!how Can I Invest With My Liberty Reserve Cash Apart From Forex Trading? / Liberty Reserve Trading: Is It A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by Kehyinde: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2010
Hello,
I have been scammed here on Nairaland by some supossed Liberty Reserve Merchant, i paid money into his account for him to fund my account with $100.

Account Name: Falore Paul
Account Number: 2382297671590
Bank is GTBank.

After i made the payment to this guy, he refused to pick up my phone. i'm posting this matter here because i would not want another person to fall for their prey.
I have been depressed and i just came across this complaints board here to say what has happened to me.

This crook and his likes must be brought to justice.

Please be WARNED,

Kenny.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by kokud: 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2010
i feel so sorry for wat happen to you, but thanks for sharing it with us. its very risky doing funding with all this guy who do not have a structured website and pattern for doing biz. I would advice you work with well organized people next time. try www.paytransaction.com they are good and i've funded my acct several times with them.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by denitro(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2010
Your case is very simple, place a report to the GT bank and you will be instructed on the necessary steps to take.
As long as he has a bank account in the bank, he will be caught,
Be smart - payments into the account again can be tracked and the culprit will definitely be caught when attempting to withdraw at an ATM.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by omeonu(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2010
You dont need to bother your self on whom you paid money into his or her account before you realised he is a scam. What you need to do, is just go to the Bank and make report, give them the person's details of account, If possible, the should alert the person that an amount has been credited in his account, they will surely get hold of him. For sure!
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by chizillar(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2010
Follow the process above. Your case will be resolved.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by honeric01(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2010
Has this case be resolved? what was the outcome?  the defendant should respond to this thread or the plaintiff should let us know if this case was resolved or not. If not, let the house know so that the necessary action would be taken.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by Kehyinde: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2010
It is yet to be resolved and really hoping it will soon,
Thanks for your concern sir.
Merry xmas to y'all.
Kenny.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by honeric01(m): 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
Kehyinde:

It is yet to be resolved and really hoping it will soon,
Thanks for your concern sir.
Merry xmas to y'all.
Kenny.

What is his NL ID?
Do you have his phone numbers?

The bank info you posted looked familiar to me, hence the reason for my interest on this issue, i was looking at making him a sole funder (LR), but with this kinda thing, i really would like to thread carefully. Let me have these info and i will get back to you with necessary actions to be taken if truly he scammed you and haven't funded you.

Merry xmas to you too.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by IVORY2009(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
@Op~I'm really sorry 4 your lost of money, n dis goes out to every Liberty reserve buyers here, since u know dis place is a forum, wen buying Liberty reserve frm anybody here in Nairaland, always insist on a face to face dealing, never accept to pay into any companies or persons bank account, 99.9% of Liberty reserve sellers here in Nairaland are rippers/scammers am sorie to say dis, finally, never pay money into anybody's bank account before funding no matter the conversation via phone, email etc, always insist on face to face deal.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by 10cirenoh: 9:18am On Jan 20, 2011
Scam, Hmmmmmmmm angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by nclx(f): 1:36am On Aug 19, 2011
Why don't you go to http://www.epayarena.com they sell/buy liberty reserve. They are reliable and prompt with their services!
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by ADIGAXSON: 4:57am On Aug 19, 2011
Just lodge your complain with proof at GTB,
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by stagger: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2011
All these LR sellers sef.

As for me, my LR seller is very close to my house here, so I no get any stress. As I pay, na so im dey fund my account sharp sharp. Cash and carry.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by Fogman(m): 10:21am On Aug 19, 2011
stagger:

All these LR sellers sef.

As for me, my LR seller is very close to my  house here, so I no get any stress. As I pay, na so im dey fund my account sharp sharp. Cash and carry.

Please, who can recommend a reliable LR seller within Ikeja/ ogba axis. Only realiable and genuine seller please. Fogmanmails@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by nclx(f): 10:44pm On Aug 19, 2011
What age are you living in? You are using the computer and yet you need to go physically go to the place of sale? Isn't that cumbersome? Just pay to a bank near you and the LR is funded instantly, what else do you want

I buy from www.epayarena.com and I find they are realiable. However if you want to buy more than $500 and you are new, then you need to verify.If not instant prompting is done!
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by forexmoni(m): 1:24am On Aug 20, 2011
I dont just know why people should indulge in scamming their patriots, Its a pity
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by yeye4live(m): 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2011
ADIGAXSON:

Just lodge your complain with proof at GTB,

dont even tink of this cuse it does not work,i was once duped by a nigerian in d sum of 60000, wen i went to this same GTBANK to make a complain they told me to go to a lawer,police,court finaly efcc b4 dey cud give me d address of the acct.
b4 u go tru all this process i tiink its well beta to seat at home n not fall to them again.
sory 4ur lost bro thats part of life,next time no go dier again
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by nonnykin: 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2011
thanks bro, i really appreciate ur info. but you can still make little money from alertpay. it works its better than nothing. just follow the link and register it is free and no money is needed for anything like others that will tell you to pay a onetime life fee. it is free. just register and get to a point where you will be given options to select, choose C, it is safer and faster. it is a phone service. just try it.

https://www.alertpay.com/?UBi8ZJQEjqP0o5hE0tv9qQ%3d%3d
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by ninos(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
for the ikeja/ogba axis, you could go to Nicci exchange very close to the local government complex at ikeja, near ikeja along. their office is in a shopping complex adjacent to the local government and you'd see their sign board in front of the complex. i use them all the time.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by schis: 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2011
@"Your case is very simple, place a report to the GT bank and you will be instructed on the necessary steps to take.
As long as he has a bank account in the bank, he will be caught,
Be smart - payments into the account again can be tracked and the culprit will definitely be caught when attempting to withdraw at an ATM" Dats exactly wat u sud hav done dat very first day u made d transactions, well, like wat everyone said, its not too late 2 get ur moni back & u hav 2 be very careful next tym,
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
Its a pity
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by mencer(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
liberty reserve has a list of authorized resellers on their website i'm sure this guys name is not there, so you should be careful to follow authorized instructions and directions when doing business. hope you've learnt your lesson anyway!
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by embassyman(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
Its really a big shame on nairalanders and Nigerians as a whole, bad people has spoilt the good people. Well, as for u the scammed, sorry, but for others here, we still have some exchangers that are trusted and that u dont even need to do one-on-one cos, it may not be neccessary, elotpayment is the No 1 e-currency exchnager , and we can handle either large or small orders, and transactions are completed within seconds, Honeric01 can bear me witness, so many other nairalanders can testify to our services,
elotpayment ur surest link.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by Fogman(m): 11:36pm On Aug 24, 2011
ninos:

for the ikeja/ogba axis, you could go to Nicci exchange very close to the local government complex at ikeja, near ikeja along. their office is in a shopping complex adjacent to the local government and you'd see their sign board in front of the complex. i use them all the time.

Thanks alot for this priviledge info.

nclx:

What age are you living in? You are using the computer and yet you need to go physically go to the place of sale? Isn't that cumbersome? Just pay to a bank near you and the LR is funded instantly, what else do you want

I buy from www.epayarena.com and I find they are realiable. However if you want to buy more than $500 and you are new, then you need to verify.If not instant prompting is done!

Madam i too know. I have got what i seek. To hell with u recommended site.
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by sunej(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2011
Beware of these individuals advertising incredible rates. There are many registered and trusted merchants in the country. Why should you pay to personal savings accounts if he is a merchant?
Re: Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: by goldng: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2011
For the fact that counterfeit exist does not mean that genuine business will not survive. The best way to avoid these "stories that touches the heart" is to deal personally i.e One on One. Standard Gold Nigeria offers you cheap fast and very reliable services when it comes to e-currencies. We Buy Liberty Reserve for 165 and Sell for 175 Instant Funding. Our prices are moderate and a lot of Nairalanders have patronize us. You can Visit us @ our Office @ 153 Murtala Mohammed Way. Benin City.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week / Ayodele Subair: 70% Of Lagos IGR Comes From Taxes / Distribution Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.