Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha (22724 Views)

Shehu Sani Advises Tinubu To Learn From Abiola’s Travails / June 12: How Jonathan Reduced MKO Abiola To Local Champion – Tony Momoh / MKO Abiola & Obasanjo In Secondary School (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by JudasNaCarrot: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2019
Yo' robber Moritala lie lie man.

You think we don't know you're working for the devilish APC abi...

Continue...... your reward is in another cup of coffee.

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by damosade(m): 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2019
I still have a lot of respect for obj, only if any. President could handle the the way obj governed Nigeria... You can love or hate it.

2 Likes

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by ACE1010: 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
But some ignoramus were applauding him on the issue of fulanisation. This has a way of creating sentiment and dividing in country grin
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by godofuck231: 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
this guy is looking for popularity, somebody give him a stool at the back row, he's insignificant

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by zomu(m): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Why is he just coming out to challenge OBJ since all this years

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by darecool(m): 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
All he need is food. Lol

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by emmykk(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
BrainSanitizer:
This story is crooked. The guy may be making up some things. But trust me, he's driving somewhere.
There's a clamour for power shift to the south in 2023. The south east is outta the picture now since they didn't vote for Buhari. The south south is PDP controlled so the current federal government would not favour them. That leaves the south west in an advantage position. Obasanjo's tent is pitched against Buhari. Obasanjo's enemies are Buhari's friends. Buhari brought about the recognition of June 12.
Now when power shifts to the south west (if at all it does), it'll be logical to assume that Buhari would drive towards heroism by supporting an Abiola in order to compensate the Abiolas and give Obasanjo a worse name among his people.
This dude has thought of this possibly so he decided to make his first move.
It's a good move if you ask me, except that
1. Buhari as a figure is not as powerful as perceived due to the cabal factor,
2. The APC may not decide who rules Nigeria next,
3. If they are lucky to hold the aces till 2023, the north is 85℅ likely to want to hold onto power,
4. If they decide to cede power to the south west, Tinubu would definitely hijack the slot and wouldn't cave in to any case of compensation for the Abiolas.

If there's no other motive than just "setting the records straight", why are we hearing of this now when the interview was said to have been granted in 2017?
Just watch as more and more anti-Obasanjo and pro-Buhari utterances would come from this dude.
I can't wait to hear what he'll say on the 12th of June.

Just my assessment of the situation and humble opinion.

The north will extend their power in 2023 with a north central or north east region to succeeded Buhari.
Should APC give party ticket to south west, PDP or another pro-north party will use northerns to snatch power.

In the eyes of the north tinubu is already benefiting from his support through osinbajo,they own him no presidential support.

They the northerners can even help correct Igbo ppwer marginalization problem instead of supporting a faulty system of supporting Yoruba.

This is the situation in 2023 if APC decides to support south west.

1.APC south west/north central presidency
2 .PDP Northwest/South south
3 xyz party Southeast/north central

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by lomprico(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
Tocynone:
Baba, come and defend your self

He was jailed na!
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Realdeals(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
Interesting, here is the link to the video https://www.facebook.com/100522000290027/posts/884671481875071/
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
I don’t even blv in karma anymore because this man still lived long till this very day despite all his atrocities. May be after death tho but certainly not on earth!
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Niaja4real(m): 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
NOC1:

For me you sound so daft, i can only ignore or retrieve my statement if you are a spoke person to OBJ or his PA. What is your business with the name of the driver, something you have no experience of how it work, keeping quiet should have been the solution.
The Drivers and the personal securities are the main people who distribute and collect money for their bosses.
If you have had political relationship with someone for quite a time you must have known his personal aides, because he must have sent them to you in one or two occasions. All he need to tell you is give the cheque to my driver, he will be coming in the evening. Moreover in this context it is a cheque that will be cashed by the person which it is addressed to, the driver can't cash it.
I don't know why most of you forget your brain when defending your demi gods.
Obj is old enough to debunk the news.
It's not in my esteem character to dignify weird & unlettered buffoon like u with joinders, so I'll ignore u. And perhaps, direct u to meet ur mate's, cause I'm not one.

2 Likes

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Indomie001: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lemme just stop imagining the value of that 3m then sad
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by tolexy007(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
this idiot just want to b known, since nobody ever heard of him or mention his name, To get attention is to Insult Obj..

2 Likes

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by SirBunky85(m): 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
Oshin56:
See this he has forgotten that his brother planed with IBB to take over, secondly obj was in abacha prison how come someone that's in prison his driver will now come and collect cheque for him, some naive can believe this but I know there's still intelligent people that will not believe it.
but if it's abt anything anti-pmb,u would've believed it without applying ur intelligence

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by NOC1(m): 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
Niaja4real:

It's not in my esteem character to dignify weird & unlettered buffoon like u with joinders, so I'll ignore u. And perhaps, direct u to meet ur mate's, cause I'm not one.

I am so surprise to read that such comments came out from the mouth of an adult, at your age you should be reasoning beyond that level, your sense of reasoning is so shallow sounded like that of a pupil in community secondary school in Daura.
try to move out from the comfort zone so that your knowledge can grow with your acclaimed age. uncle wey mumu.

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Fourwinds: 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2019
Oshin56:
See this he has forgotten that his brother planed with IBB to take over, secondly obj was in abacha prison how come someone that's in prison his driver will now come and collect cheque for him, some naive can believe this but I know there's still intelligent people that will not believe it.
before in went to jail... It actually add up because Abacha accused OBJ of plotting to overthrow his government. This may be the reason... To organize ex-military men and confront Abacha

2 Likes

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Dchair2: 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
Xisnin:
So what?
Where were you when OBJ was thrown into prison by Abacha?
This is like a coward blaming a soldier for dying in battle.
Don't mind the hypocrite, and it took him so long to come out and say this? I don't fear anybody indeed

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Olarewaju89: 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
Attention seeker
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by RexTramadol1: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
fergie001:
Asked what Obasanjo’s response to his accusation was, Chief Muritala Abiola said, “After telling him that, he said they should prepare food for me.

OBJ is da king of savagery......... grin
Maybe na food dey make the man speak amiss...

That's why am using his book to power the nation shocked

Na you really get the gist

OBJ be like " what's making this one talk nonsense? Give him sth to eat or drink"

OBJ is a savage

3 Likes

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by delpee(f): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
I don't believe this story. Sounds embellished.

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by NigeriaDecides: 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
Let's assume OBJ collected the money and used it for the purpose and Abacha got to know about it, arrested him for planning coup. What else does he want, man got locked up along the line... Omo 3 million then will be close to a billion now.

Oshin56:

1 Like

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by contigiency(m): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
Obasanjo has always been a criminal right from time. I guess he merely defined himself in his book "my watch" in place of Atiku. Especially where he described Atikus' penchant for bribery.
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Just2endowed2(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
emmasege:
Honestly, I don't find OBJ culpable in Muritala Abiola's submission.

OBJ's statement that "if a king doesn't die, another doesn't get enthroned" can be interpreted either way to mean loyalty or betrayal to the Yoruba cause. It depends on the perspective from which one is looking at it.

You are right...

2 Likes

Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by mu2sa2: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
The accused and the accuser are both nbgati-ngba.ti guys. Very treacherous backstabbers of a people you trust at your own risk. Let the duo scam themselves, that's their trademark.
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by greggng: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
Obj is funny ...give him food....so that he can eat and die like his brother...what a funny man.
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Reelmii: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
why was this not revealed then
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by olmoRoc: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
I don't believe that story because OBJ was actually against MKO becoming president!
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Lush100(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
I doubt this your lie or story.
But let's assume u did.
Just look at ur yourself .

U fear no one but came out in 2019 for an interview that took place in 2017? And after all these years.
It's like u wanted to lie but wanted to take ur time to craft the like so well.
Maybe u don't know OBJ was imprisoned.
That alone is enough to assume he must have done something in line with what the money was meant for. Or u want him to have organised another military gathering from prison. Oga maybe u should have done it yourself, maybe abacha will clap for u since you are just a civilian.
U better go and join a political party and contest. U are of age.
When u loose, u can try a take over.
And let's hear word.
Only that u will need 3billion this time with no guarantee it would be successful.
Oniranu
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by Brightest04(m): 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2019
Nigeria is a place where the bad is celebrated and the good dragged in the gutters. I won't be surprised reading some people here defending OBJ.
Though this is just iota of the numerous evils and crimes OBJ committed against Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by GMbuharii: 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
yoruba people!!!!!
See as he's washing his dirty linen in public!

Dog eat Dog..

grin
Re: Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha by touchplay(m): 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2019
Niaja4real:

U said u gave a cheque of 3m from your brother to OBJ's driver with no name & no specific date, how are u sure the person u gave the alleged cheque to, was OBJ's driver since u were not sensible enough to enquire of his name. Assuming, but not conceding, that the person u delivered the alleged cheque to, was indeed, one of OBJ's driver, how sure are u?, that the alleged cheque actually got to Chief Obasanjo?, as u could not confront him with the alleged cheque issue when u claimed to have met with him one on one. And beside, u said u rejected food that was offered to u & perhaps money, but collected 4 bags of rice & some tubers of yam in your car trunk & went back home. To me, u sound more like an unrepentant lie & like another attention seeker.
you are mistaken bro......he said after obj offered food which he rejected and told obj he didnt cm for food but have cleared what he came for,obj asked them to give him rice and tubers of yam. "he just left the place",meaning obj was just offering stuffs that wasn't in any way the answer he expected from obj regarding the advice obj gave to babangida nd co. he just left the place,because obj was suggesting trash,and nothing reasonable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salami Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption / Governor Ahmed Reacts To Vandalization Of Campaign Billboards In Kwara / EFCC Arrests 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.