Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,023 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? (1385 Views)

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by nairalandankrah: 10:02am On Jun 02, 2019
he Bible gives us purpose and direction! The Bible is absolutely the greatest book ever written and as the word of God clearly states every knee shall bow one day! History has proven over the years that this book is indestructible! So many have tried to disclaim the authority and truth of this book and have tried to destroy it but because God Is in control this book will forever be the greatest book ever written! Our Story!!!! Human Kind! Our beginning, our choices and paths, and our ending: Heaven or Hell!

Source of Practical Living . In the Bible are principles for a just Legal system; principles for finance; principles for living - marriage, relationships and getting on with difficult people. Mostly it introduces God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son and the wonderful Holy Spirit - and reveals the mind of God, His thoughts, plans, reasons, and love for fallen man.

It is the most influential. In the sense that it is the most important and influential book of all time, it is the greatest by a long shot. In that regard, no other book even comes close except possibly the Quran. However, it was written before our current standards of good literature were in place, so it is beyond judgment if you're talking about how well-written it is.

On morals and values, yes, the Bible is the greatest book ever written. I believe that the Bible is greatest book ever written. It maybe is not the best literature but on values and morals, it is spot on. The Bible talks of no hate, only love for everybody, which is what we should live like everyday, should we not?! I just think even if you don't believe in the stories that the Bible tells, we should take the values to heart.

I agree that the Bible is the greatest book ever written! Without the Bible, there would be no standards for anyone to live by and the world would fall into utter chaos because anything will pass as "okay." Without the Bible, murderers would be able to run around killing people freely. Why? Because who's going to stop them? Not the government, because the Bible is "fiction." Even the constitution was written on Biblical principles. There would be no difference between right and wrong without it.

Most likely. As the holy book of the most popular religion in the world, it is most likely the most well known and most purchased book in the world as exact figures are not known. Most people own a private copy of the bible, some hotels purchase a bible for each private room and churches purchase bibles for ceremonies. The actual wording of "greatest", however, automatically makes all answers an opinion because the greatest book is not necessarily the most popular or read nor the most enjoyed. Throughout history the bible have inspired people to do things they would not have done without the inspiration of "Jesus" and "The Lord".

An incredible piece of work At the very least, it is an amazing work of fiction that has inspired so many different people and so many different artists. At the most, it is the most important thing you will ever read. What other two-thousand year old year old novel can you think of that is still being discussed today?

Bible is the greatest book ever written. It is the most popular and most sold book ever. You can go almost everywhere in the world and buy a Bible. You can also find a lot of variations of the book. No other book has so many things dedicated to it.

The Bibile is one of the most fascinating books ever written Regardless of one's religious or spiritual beliefs, the Bible is without a doubt arguably one of the most interesting books ever written. Although various versions have been created through out the years, the fact that such a book has existed for as long as it has qualifies it as one of the greatest books written.

Without it, There is no basis of morality. It is simply God's own words spoken through men. How can it not be the greatest. The word of God is everlasting and will never change. The bible is also the basis of morality. How do people know its bad to murder. Because the ten commandments in the Bible say it is so. Without the bible, Morality is based on opinion, Which is what Adolf Hitler did. Hitler based morality on his own terms and opinions. We cannot ignore the basis of morality which is the bible....
What do you think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by AllenSpencer: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2019
The most controversial book.

It detest A in chapter 1 and okays it in chapter 6 of same book.

You can twist the book to favour or detest anything.

Just master the loop holes and you rich.
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 02, 2019
No Bible has lot of errors, loop holes etc.
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by Davash222(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 02, 2019
Definitely the best seller of all time!

Should count for something.

Moreover the greatest treasure of all time is there:

The Words Of Jesus
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by AllenSpencer: 10:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Davash222:

Jesus loves you.

Am not talking about love here but the actual reality.

I can use that same book to approve Marijuana, Cocaine and Alcohol use. And I can same time use the book to condemn it.

I can use it to support tithing and detests if.

I can use it to support war and same time use it to detest it

Celestial practice the Old testament and Pentecostal mostly use the new, and yet, they detest each other but use same book.

I can keep writing on and on. You can bend that book to any limit you wish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by MJBOLT: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2019
no,i've read better books

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2019
jesusjnr:
Definitely the best seller of all time!

Should count for something.

Moreover the greatest treasure of all time is there:

The Words Of Jesus
so we Christians should focus on New testament only?
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Queenkofoworola:
so we Christians should focus on New testament only?
Who said that?

Certainly not me.
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 02, 2019
jesusjnr:
Who said that?

Certainly not me.
just asking
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by thesicilian: 10:58am On Jun 02, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Am not talking about love here but the actual reality.

I can use that same book to approve Marijuana, Cocaine and Alcohol use. And I can same time use the book to condemn it.

I can use it to support tithing and detests if.

I can use it to support war and same time use it to detest it

Celestial practice the Old testament and Pentecostal mostly use the new, and yet, they detest each other but use same book.

I can keep writing on and on. You can bend that book to any limit you wish
That should be one of the things that make it the greatest book ever written.
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by nairalandankrah: 11:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Queenkofoworola:
No Bible has lot of errors, loop holes etc.

OK but are there any other books without those aforementioned errors and loopholes... Please tell us if there's any you know
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by nairalandankrah: 11:06am On Jun 02, 2019
[quote author=AllenSpencer post=78946582]The most controversial book.

Seems you've gone through the whole Bible....
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by GodHead85: 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
nairalandankrah:
The question of the Bible being the greatest book is a super hard question to answer because the bible is not really a single text, it's a collection of texts about the same topic written by disparate sources over the course of centuries and selected and curated by a committee hundreds of years after being written. It was written in different langauges and translated into Latin and then into a variety of other languages after that.

It's easy to say that the language of the King James Bible is a bonafide masterpiece of English wordsmith , but you also have to deal with the fact that its loaded with mis-translations and interpretations.

Honestly, I'd say its valuable to read. But maybe not all of it. Leviticus has little literary value. Psalms has tons. You'll have to look into each book separately to see how they'd stand alone.
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
nairalandankrah:

OK but are there any other books without those aforementioned errors and loopholes... Please tell us if there's any you know
comicbooks, novels, latest editions of physics and chemistry textbooks
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Queenkofoworola:
just asking
My suggestion is that you use the teachings of Jesus in the gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) as a standard to measure the words and teachings of remaining books of the Bible.

For that's what Jesus instructed His disciples to teach all men, not the Bible.

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by nairalandankrah: 2:36pm On May 22, 2021
AllenSpencer:

shocked
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by AntiChristian: 6:28pm On May 22, 2021
My suggestion is that you use the teachings of Jesus in the gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) as a standard to measure the words and teachings of remaining books of the Bible.

For that's what Jesus instructed His disciples to teach all men, not the Bible.

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

If this is true then Jesus lied that he didn't come to abolish the law of Moses.

The law still stands!
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by AntiChristian: 6:53pm On May 22, 2021
Despite all the claims of the OP, no country uses the Bible as their sole law and constitution.

And most books of the have no author that can be verified with recent research.

For example, the pentateuch purportedly written by Moses was never written by him.
Re: Is The BIBLE The Greatest Book Ever Written??? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:56pm On May 22, 2021
How do you evaluate or measure greatness?

If we truthfully want to do real evaluation then the Bible is the greatest book In the history of man! smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

666: Have You Seen This? / At 30, You Should Be Married - Akwa Ibom Pastor Explodes On Church Members (vide / Fallen Angels Disguised As Ancient God's And As The Coming Aliens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.