Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,003 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun (28455 Views)

Shettima & I Will Not Abuse Each Other Like Obasanjo & Atiku - Tinubu (Video) / Murderers Like Obasanjo, Babangida, Enenche Are In Peter Obi's Camp - Sowore / Omokri Challenges 69-Year-Old Tinubu To Dance, Play Football Like Obasanjo At 85 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by exlinklodge: 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
It takes a democrat and someone with the interest of the country to admit the truth even though you are going against your own party ideology. The former National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, John Oyegun, has said that former President Olusegun Obasanjo was the kind of leader Nigeria needs.

Oyegun told New Telegraph that Obasanjo’s comment on “Islamisation and Fulanisation” might have been dramatised but it calls for concern. According to Daily Post reports, while delivering a lecture on May 18 in Delta state, Obasanjo had said the Boko Haram crisis had become an agenda for “West African Fulanization, African Islamisation.”

For Oyegun, Obasanjo “is addressing an issue that is with us.” The former APC National Chairman said that while he may not tag the crisis as “Islamisation, there is no question at all that it calls for worry.

In Oyegun's words:

“Well, I respect him (OBJ). Every nation needs a man like that just like the people’s SAN, Chief Gani Fawhemi and a lot of activists. “What is happening is that because of his status, his experience, his background, what he says becomes infinitely weighty and cannot be ignored.

“I just told you that this issue of so-called Fulani herdsmen and the copy cat that have followed it has to be addressed. “So, the issue has to be addressed. I wouldn’t give it the kind of Islamization tag that is given to it, but there is no question at all that it calls for worry because these people exist virtually in every state of the federation and, very soon, it would lead to unpleasantness in all over the country.

“So, the issue has to be addressed and, as I told you that as far as I am concerned, it would be one of the first priorities of the next level administration.”

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2019/06/fulanization-of-nigeria-we-need-leaders.html

17 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by emmasege: 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Of course every sane Nigerian sees sense in OBJ's alarm. Only the following people think otherwise.

1. Ishmaelites (whom God says will be wild against every man and every man will be wild against him) e.g. the Buharis, the Lai Muhammeds, the Buratais, the Abba Kyaris

2. Esaus (descendants of Isaac who'd always exchange their birthright with a pot of porridge) e.g. the Ameachis, the Ngiges and the Osinbajos who'd deny the obvious because of political gains.

3. Uninformed Christians

230 Likes 16 Shares

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by osemoses1234(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hh
Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by huptin(m): 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
How Buharists are trying so hard to deny the obvious beats me hollow, even zombies know that Boko Haram main motive is Islamization of West Africa and a Fulani man who travels a thousand miles to drag your land with you believes that be is either a co-owner of the land or the land out rightly belongs to him, so what exactly did OBJ say that is not correct?

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by pcicero(m): 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
emmasege:
Of course every sane Nigerian sees sense in OBJ's alarm. Only the following people think otherwise.

1. Ishmaelites (whom God says will be wild against every man and every man will be wild against him) e.g. the Buharis, the Lai Muhammeds, the Buratais, the Abba Kyaris

2. Esaus (descendants of Isaac who'd always exchange their birthright with a pot of porridge) e.g. the Ameachis, the Ngiges and the Osinbajos who'd deny the obvious because of political gains.

3. Uninformed Christians

Though I like your write up, but you seem like either FFK or Reno. Am I right?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by eposho: 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
No we dont.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by emmasege: 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
pcicero:

Though I like your write up, but you seem like either FFK or Reno. Am I right?
I'm neither. I'm myself. I disagree with the duo in some respect.

35 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by helinues: 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
After being sidelined

3daful

4 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by MrAnele(m): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
There is no smoke without fire...

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

4 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by tunjijones(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
I dnt buy the idea anyway. How can it even happen?

As in buhari wld force everyone to become a Fulani slave or how?

That's how pple were saying buhari want to islamize Nigeria. I was surprise that even educated Christians were even saying it. How wld he even do that in this 21st century..

FYI am not a supporter of buhari am just a sane Nigerian

6 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by ngwababe(f): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
Anyone who deny the movement of the Fulani ethnic group toward Nigeria is blind.

When men like Oyegun talks, who can argue? Who knows better?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by MrRhymes101(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
We need new n youthful leaders pls not the same ones that have ruled the country since independence... Wedding MC
Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
And afonja Muslims and zombies are busy defending their slave masters.Seriously this set of people deserve no place among us,they worst pass Fulani herdsmen.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Komolafe89: 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
Oyegun has a painful story experienced from being dropped off by APC you can't expect less or even worst than this....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by fakuta(f): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
No smoke without fire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by illiteratepmb: 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
Finally, someone is waking up but wait for the traitors from the West to come and call Oyegun unprintable names.

4 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by bentwood85(m): 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
if he was still the APC chairman he would be quiet because he wants to be seen as a party loyalist...

12 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Aidejay(m): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
Sponge Bob square pants

2 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Zeezxo(m): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
Wonder shall never end. This one that as gone into oblivion is now saying nonsense. After all the role you play against the party in 2019 election.

I know you want to come back to see maybe you are relevant.

Pls I don't argue with the brain that think Buhari is from Sudan.

6 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by sulasa07(m): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
huptin:
How Buharists are trying so hard to deny the obvious beats me hollow, even zombies know that Boko Haram main motive is Islamization of West Africa and a Fulani man who travels a thousand miles to drag your land with you believes that be is either a co-owner of the land or the land out rightly belongs to him, so what exactly did OBJ say that is not correct?
I can't believe that after all this years,mumu people will still be saying Book Haram is for Islamization.Book Haram has killed more Muslims than Christians + Unknown altogether

11 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Chukwurah003: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
The same Obasanjo that derailed our democracy alongside Atiku? Big joke

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by johnkay1(m): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
In the book of Corruption 41vs 9 - 11

When an elderly person speaks
With both sides of the mouth
Thy should know that
Thy has eaten yam

Then he shall exalt the latter
Yam provider than the former

But the end there of is self- destruction
And thy son shall be called son of perdition
Because their father is on the course of eternal destruction.

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by ZombieTERROR: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
And Yoruba Muslims are busy criticising OBJ

It beats my imagination....

Yoruba Christians Need to do more

3 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
If you don't want to stand up and defend your rights as citizens then look for the means to leave nigeria because a crisis is brewing unfortunately

1 Like

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by sammyj: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hope this man is not trying to validate OBJ,s Fulanization comment. Could he also be a bad looser shocked
Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by francisco327: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
no I disagree ....i think we need leaders like sir nnamdi kana aka the freedom fighter
Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by sunkoye: 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
Just like Turkey.....if the south is not careful....hummm. but trust me....if civil war ever started...ehn. we are already surrounded and infiltrated. We are in big trouble.

11 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by chibaby1985(f): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Gforce2019: 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
All these bomfoolery elder statesmen. Oyegun too wan to trend on social media she started spewing rubbish.

May God wipe all these men away from the surface of the earth quickly. Because they are not adding to the political process they are destroying it more . Despite the man as gone on political retirement , he is still talking trash.

E Ni kuure

3 Likes

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by Alexis11: 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lol... Nigerian politicians... When you take power away from them, they quickly become the friends of the masses. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun by bjbukzy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
They sold us a dream they didn't believe in, because they taught they will cash out physically and morally...

Now shit didn't add to their account and how we view them; mofos wanna sell a failed messiah again

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Bars Onnoghen From Traveling; Seizes Passport / Nnamdi Kanu Appears In Court Today, Calls For Calm / Probe Of Judges: Judges In Trouble Over Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.