Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,301 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Announcing The Wrong Name For D Finale Of " Next Top Model" The Video ,the Shame - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Announcing The Wrong Name For D Finale Of " Next Top Model" The Video ,the Shame (833 Views)

I Made A Huge Mistake Marrying The Wrong Woman-2shotz / School Bullies Called Me A Whale...now I’m Top Model - (sexy Photos) / African Top Model: Exotic And Hot Beauties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Announcing The Wrong Name For D Finale Of " Next Top Model" The Video ,the Shame by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2010
[size=20pt]Sarah Murdoch stuffs up Top Model winner[/size]

Australia's Next Top Model winner Amanda Ware admits deep down she is happy Sarah Murdoch made a mistake by announcing the wrong name on the live finale on Tuesday.

Murdoch was close to tears when she realised she had accidentally announced Sydney girl Kelsey Martinovich as Fox Television's season six Australia's Next Top Model after the 19-year-old had already made an acceptance speech.

With her head in her hands Murdoch had to take back her words and make an awkward apology.

"I don't know what to say right now. I'm feeling a bit sick about this," Murdoch said on stage.

"I'm so sorry, oh my God, I don't know what to say. This is a complete accident, I'm so sorry.

"It was fed to me wrong.

"This is what happens when you have live TV folks, this is insane, insane, insane."

Murdoch then revealed the actual winner of the competition, as voted for by the public, was 18-year-old Gold Coast contestant Amanda Ware.

Young Kelsey was a good sport about the honest mistake while Amanda could not be happier.

"I'm ecstatic, I don't have words for it," the 18-year-old said after the ordeal.

She admitted it was like a bizarre dream.

"It's so out of nowhere."

"I was like really gracious for Kelsey, I was so happy she'd won," Amanda said.

"And then she's like, actually, Amanda's won and I was like, that's a bit weird but woo hoo. I'll just go with the flow."

"(I'm happy) as bad as that is. Live television's always got mistakes, that was a big one but it's alright, we got through it."

Despite the chaos, judge Charlotte Dawson says the public made the right decision.

Amanda is the absolute safest bet as far as sending somebody out into the world to be a top model goes, said the glamazon.

"We've got three amazing models".

As for the massive cock-up Dawson does not think anyone's head will roll for the mistake.

"That's just live TV and there's a certain feed into somebody's ear, maybe she couldn't hear properly, you just don't know," she said.

"Kelsey will just laugh it off, she'll be fine".
Foxtel has confirmed the company will give the 19-year-old a $25,000 cash prize and a trip to New York as compensation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqiD0KTZrKE

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/8033539/sarah-murdoch-stuffs-up-top-model-winner/
Re: Announcing The Wrong Name For D Finale Of " Next Top Model" The Video ,the Shame by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2010
awwww what a shame
Re: Announcing The Wrong Name For D Finale Of " Next Top Model" The Video ,the Shame by favouredjb(f): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2010
I feel for the kesly gurl
Re: Announcing The Wrong Name For D Finale Of " Next Top Model" The Video ,the Shame by favouredjb(f): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2010
Instant dethronement!
Re: Announcing The Wrong Name For D Finale Of " Next Top Model" The Video ,the Shame by spikedcylinder: 7:40am On Oct 03, 2010

(1)

Celebstyle: Minka Kelly (at The 2011 People's Choice Awards) / Dagrin's Movie Finalised, Trybson Dudukoko To Play Dagrin / Hilarious Ay & Ini Edo Go Shopping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.