Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? (24909 Views)

VACANCIES ! One of the LEADING BANK In Nigeria( UBA) Hiring For Her Subsidiary / Job Openings At House5 (a Subsidiary Of Gateway Aviation LTD) / Guinness (a Diageo Subsidiary) Is Recruiting Sales Intern In 5 Nigeria Locations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by damola1: 8:39am On Jun 03, 2019
I no wan work jare!

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Chikicaka(f): 8:42am On Jun 03, 2019
I would say PPMC judging by their functions and DPR but i am assuming DPR is in a world of its own, GL to all future employees
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by StoneLucifer: 8:42am On Jun 03, 2019
ednut1:
Why not get the job first. If them post u go the worst subsidiary will u reject it and resign?

I wonder o..NNPC that has already finished its selection.
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by PataAlhaja(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2019
maybachmusic:
DPR

but 99% of them , na family pass torch to family

if you are sent there

you will be quickly moved to another place

DPR is in no way, under the control of NNPC.

5 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by QuotaSystem: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2019
maybachmusic:
DPR

if you are sent there

DPR is a department under the Presidency, and is not a subsidiary of the NNPC.

3 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Tats(m): 8:55am On Jun 03, 2019
PataAlhaja:

Actually, NNPC owns 49 percent shares in NLNG. It has controlling shares in NLNG. Therefore, NLNG is a subsidiary of NNPC.

The only issue is that while NNPC has 100 percent controlling shares in subsidiaries like NPDC, PPMC et al and have full control of these subsidiaries' operational and administrative frameworks, its control of the operational and administrative frameworks in NLNG is limited to its 49 percent shareholding. Other companies like Total, Shell and ENI with minority shares have stakes in NLNG too.

With respect to this topic, does NNPC hire for NLNG?

As some others have mentioned, NAPIMS and NPDC are standout places to work in NNPC. NAPIMS manages NNPC's investments in International Oil companies and supervises various projects, so there is a lot of interaction with Shell, Total, ExxonMobil, etc and opportunities for travelling. NPDC operates NNPCs Exploration and Production assets and so is good place to work especially for Petroleum Engineers, Geologists, etc and there is the possibility to also interact with other IOCs and foreign training, etc. There are other subsidiaries that are good too depending on your job role.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by dingbang(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2019
Exam question grin

Which of the following is not a subsidiary of the nnpc

1. Napims
2. Nlng
3. Npdc
4. Idsl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by lafuria1(m): 8:58am On Jun 03, 2019
Npdc is the best, the generate more money than most of the other subsidiary, they are our own version of ExxonMobil and shell. They do lot of work, based in Benin.

In reality, it doesn't matter where you posted as far as salary is concerned, perks or additional benefits are subsidiary specific.

For npdc can decide to gift their staff extra money, while ppmc won't do anything.

2 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by simplebb: 9:01am On Jun 03, 2019
maybachmusic:
DPR

if you are sent there

DPR is not a subsidiary of NNPC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by uglodoh(f): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2019
If it is about money, NAPIMS
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by PataAlhaja(m): 9:06am On Jun 03, 2019
Tats:

With respect to this topic, does NNPC hire for NLNG?

As some others have mentioned, NAPIMS and NPDC are standout places to work in NNPC. NAPIMS manages NNPC's investments in International Oil companies and supervises various projects, so there is a lot of interaction with Shell, Total, ExxonMobil, etc and opportunities for travelling. NPDC operates NNPCs Exploration and Production assets and so is good place to work especially for Petroleum Engineers, Geologists, etc and there is the possibility to also interact with other IOCs and foreign training, etc. There are other subsidiaries that are good too depending on your job role.

No, NNPC does not hire for NLNG.

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by AllenSpencer: 9:07am On Jun 03, 2019
Coca Cola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by urose93(f): 9:21am On Jun 03, 2019
rusher14:
You may think it was a success but if you got 98%, bear in mind someone else could have gotten 100%.

Good to dream but don't jump the gun.

He must have gotten the appointment letter already. This is Nigerian. Remember this is not npower that is usually thrown to the downtrodden.
The best brain may not be lucky to have the 'unholy' connections to get the job. Senators children and their cohorts will top the list.
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by iammiracle1(m): 9:23am On Jun 03, 2019
urose93:

He must have gotten the appointment letter already. This is Nigerian. Remember this is not npower that is usually thrown to the downtrodden.
The best brain may not be lucky to have the 'unholy' connections to get the job. Senators children and their cohorts will top the list.

AMEEEEEENNNNNN O grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by CuntBobby: 9:23am On Jun 03, 2019
The sweetest place plus you travel always
bujebudanu1:
Napims
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by prodigit38: 9:32am On Jun 03, 2019
chloride6:
Npdc or napims

Very correct
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Promzyunique(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2019
ruggedtimi:
Nnpc depot in ph..is tha bomb. Did my 6months i.t there..it was my best experience ever.

Please connect me ........................
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Duru009(m): 9:33am On Jun 03, 2019
NPDC or DPR
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by iammiracle1(m): 9:37am On Jun 03, 2019
Duru009:
NPDC or DPR

Its been established that
DPR is NOT a subsidiary of NNPC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by klas(m): 9:38am On Jun 03, 2019
PataAlhaja:

Actually, NNPC owns 49 percent shares in NLNG. It has controlling shares in NLNG. Therefore, NLNG is a subsidiary of NNPC.

The only issue is that while NNPC has 100 percent controlling shares in subsidiaries like NPDC, PPMC et al and have full control of these subsidiaries' operational and administrative frameworks, its control of the operational and administrative frameworks in NLNG is limited to its 49 percent shareholding. Other companies like Total, Shell and ENI with minority shares have stakes in NLNG too.

NLNG is not a subsidiary, but associate company of NNPC. NNPC is not even the operator of the company, it has the highest shareholding of 49% but not a majority.

Technically, you need 50%+1 shareholding and/or have control of a company for it to be your subsidiary. NNPC has neither. The highest post it can fill there is Deputy Managing Director.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by 008(m): 9:48am On Jun 03, 2019
Nigeria Gas Company.

2 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by PataAlhaja(m): 9:49am On Jun 03, 2019
klas:

NLNG is not a subsidiary, but associate company of NNPC. NNPC is not even the operator of the company, it has the highest shareholding of 49% but not a majority.

Technically, you need 50%+1 shareholding and/or have control of a company for it to be your subsidiary. NNPC has neither. The highest post it can fill there is Deputy Managing Director.

That's a lie.

With ownership of even 35 percent shares in a company, you can regard it as a subsidiary and have control of it, in as much as certain conditions are met. This is a fact.

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Heffalump(m): 9:51am On Jun 03, 2019
This is the reason why there is no hope for Nigeria.

The young man is already gathering information on which NNPC subsidiary is best to make money, so that when hired he can go and loot/ steal money to the best of his ability. If I can read his mind, the intent is not on "Service" but on "Money".

NNPC deserves people who can render good service and get paid for it.

I'm sorry for this generation. They might be the worst!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by EazyMoh(m): 9:55am On Jun 03, 2019
PataAlhaja:

But this topic is limited to recruitment. Those to be recruited by NNPC via this particular excercise will never be posted to NLNG.

On the topic, your answer is NAPIMS by like 1000miles.

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by qanda: 9:56am On Jun 03, 2019
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by LadyHeaven(f): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2019
EazyMoh:

But this topic is limited to recruitment. Those to be recruited by NNPC via this particular excercise will never be posted to NLNG.

On the topic, your answer is NAPIMS by like 1000miles.

NAPIMS the Lagos based subsidiary? I would go for NPDC

2 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by whatx: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2019
Going with your analogy, NNPC own 60% of Chevron Nigeria shares. It has controlling shares in Chevron. Therefore, Chevron is a subsidiary of NNPC.
Since u nor know within be JV, PSC and SC. Dont worry you will be sent to Mobil or Shell or Total, since NNPC has major control in certain area of their businesses.

Any arrangement involving an Operator and NNPC cannot be considered a subsidiary of NNPC, operators literally runs the affairs of such business together with NAPIMS which is the arm that decide on NNPC stake. So if you are thinking to be collabrate with such IOC, then pray for NAPIMS.

DPR is independent of NNPC just like Ministry of Petroleum, NNPC has no right to send you there. DPR recruit independently, and Ministry is civil service if you know what i mean.

PataAlhaja:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Chikicaka(f): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2019
Heffalump:
This is the reason why there is no hope for Nigeria.

The young man is already gathering information on which NNPC subsidiary is best to make money, so that when hired he can go and loot/ steal money to the best of his ability. If I can read his mind, the intent is not on "Service" but on "Money".

NNPC deserves people who can render good service and get paid for it.

I'm sorry for this generation. They might be the worst!!! cry

Based on your comment i had to read the topic again, ready to admonish the OP, but i didn't see anywhere he made mention of best place to chop money, before i accepted my current job i did extensive research to find out the best branch for me, so calm down. Information is power.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by sbashir10(m): 10:07am On Jun 03, 2019
DPR
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by klas(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2019
PataAlhaja:

That's a lie.

With ownership of even 35 percent shares in a company, you can regard it as a subsidiary and have control of it, in as much as certain conditions are met. This is a fact.

What are the ‘certain conditions’ to be met for a direct subsidiary where a company does not have majority shareholding or have control of another?

Do you have authority to be cited for the fabled 35%?

NNLG is not a subsidiary of NNPC and its account is not a part of the consolidated financial statements of nnpc. Period.

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by EazyMoh(m): 10:22am On Jun 03, 2019
LadyHeaven:

NAPIMS the Lagos based subsidiary? I would go for NPDC
Lol which one is Lagos based?
NPDC manages NNPC exploration and production. They are incharge of looking for oil in Lake Chad and Venue trough.
NAPIMS on the other hand is incharge of regulating and monitoring ALL FINANCIAL ventures of NNPC. They are the parastatal that gives approval for any expenditure by any oil company operating in Nigeria.
Take it from someone in the industry, NAPIMS is far ahead of NPDC.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-Power Volunteers Storm Father Mbaka's Church In Enugu, Beg For State Jobs / Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? / Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.