Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? (24911 Views)

VACANCIES ! One of the LEADING BANK In Nigeria( UBA) Hiring For Her Subsidiary / Job Openings At House5 (a Subsidiary Of Gateway Aviation LTD) / Guinness (a Diageo Subsidiary) Is Recruiting Sales Intern In 5 Nigeria Locations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Perkins1: 10:48am On Jun 03, 2019
Do you know there are businesses you can startup with zero or almost zero capital?

Don't blink! Contact me to add you to my group where I will teach you skills and knowledge of how to go about this.

Knowledge is power!!
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by maximilano: 11:21am On Jun 03, 2019
Aptitude tests like this only works for nPower
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by PataAlhaja(m): 11:23am On Jun 03, 2019
klas:

What are the ‘certain conditions’ to be met for a direct subsidiary where a company does not have majority shareholding or have control of another?

Do you have authority to be cited for the fabled 35%?

NNLG is not a subsidiary of NNPC and its account is not a part of the consolidated financial statements of nnpc. Period.

Good question.

The only criterion for recognition as a subsidiary is CONTROL over it. You don't need 50 percent stake in a company to control it. You may even have more than 50 percent stake in a company and not control it.

Google IFRS 3 and IFRS 10, educate yourself and report back to this thread.

I no get power to type, abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by PataAlhaja(m): 11:27am On Jun 03, 2019
whatx:
Going with your analogy, NNPC own 60% of Chevron Nigeria shares. It has controlling shares in Chevron. Therefore, Chevron is a subsidiary of NNPC.
Since u nor know within be JV, PSC and SC. Dont worry you will be sent to Mobil or Shell or Total, since NNPC has major control in certain area of their businesses.

Any arrangement involving an Operator and NNPC cannot be considered a subsidiary of NNPC, operators literally runs the affairs of such business together with NAPIMS which is the arm that decide on NNPC stake. So if you are thinking to be collabrate with such IOC, then pray for NAPIMS.

DPR is independent of NNPC just like Ministry of Petroleum, NNPC has no right to send you there. DPR recruit independently, and Ministry is civil service if you know what i mean.

Who told you NNPC has 60 percent shares in Chevron Nigeria Limited? grin

That they are into a joint venture does not mean NNPC owns shares in the company.

What do you know about joint ventures? Google IAS 28 and educate yourself. grin

Chevron Nigeria Limited is a fully-owned subsidiary of Chevron USA, its parent company.

3 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Ecanes: 11:28am On Jun 03, 2019
[/b]Chief Accountant[b]

PataAlhaja:

Good question.

The only criterion for recognition as a subsidiary is CONTROL over it. You don't need 50 percent stake in a company to control it. You may even have more than 50 percent stake in a company and not control it.

Google IFRS 3 and IFRS 10, educate yourself and report back to this thread.

I no get power to type, abeg.

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by zakir007(m): 11:58am On Jun 03, 2019
You can have control without even owning majority share according to ifrs. Nnpc sha doesn't own shell and the likes. I think they are joint venture. But as for who controls nlng, it's the private sector and not nnpc. It's cos of their agreement. As for people saying dpr isn't owned by nnpc, that's correct. But what makes you think there won't be nnpc staff in dpr?
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by ojojameso(m): 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
COMD OR NPDC, OR YOU GO TO LONDON OFFICE

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
NAPIMS..
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
dingbang:
Exam question grin

Which of the following is not a subsidiary of the nnpc
1. Napims 2. Nlng 3. Npdc 4. Idsl
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Abujabir24: 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
I have it on good authority that the slots have been distributed since january february this. This recruitment is just smoke and mirrors. The only people they will consider would not be more than 10%
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by aariwa(m): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
Pass your test first before you will start talking of where you would work

2 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by rusher14: 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2019
Chikicaka:

Based on your comment i had to read the topic again, ready to admonish the OP, but i didn't see anywhere he made mention of best place to chop money, before i accepted my current job i did extensive research to find out the best branch for me, so calm down. Information is power.

Very well said.
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by rusher14: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
Abujabir24:
I have it on good authority that the slots have been distributed since january february this. This recruitment is just smoke and mirrors. The only people they will consider would not be more than 10%

So they would put a dumbo in IDSL?
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by TrendyNwendy: 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
Take it from someone in the industry, NAPIMS is far ahead of NPDC.[/quote] Connect me nah
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by andrewtosin(m): 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
PataAlhaja:

That's a lie.

With ownership of even 35 percent shares in a company, you can regard it as a subsidiary and have control of it, in as much as certain conditions are met. This is a fact.
not true

less than 20% ownership is called "an investment"
20% - 50% ownership is called "a joint venture"
>50% ownership is called "a subsidiary"

This is according to the relevant standards

2 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Abujabir24: 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2019
rusher14:

So they would put a dumbo in IDSL?
That's it places like that requires good qualified candidates. And by the way, those people getting the slots are also not dumb like you are projecting. They just happen to know a guy who knows a guy who works in the presidency.
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by whatx: 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
I believe you now realise that your analogy of NLNG was out of place, and please lets not start IFAC & IASB things so others can follow bcus you cannot confuse me with IAS or IFRS especially in relations to oil & gas.

I hear say it take 4 month for feedback to show in 2014, so straight to hibernation.

PataAlhaja:

Who told you NNPC has 60 percent shares in Chevron Nigeria Limited? grin

That they are into a joint venture does not mean NNPC owns shares in the company.

What do you know about joint ventures? Google IAS 28 and educate yourself. grin

Chevron Nigeria Limited is a fully-owned subsidiary of Chevron USA, its parent company.
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Chukeg: 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
Why re you people digressing from the topic self.

Abeg, which of the subsidiaries will be best for an Electrical Electronic Engineer.

3 Likes

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by iammiracle1(m): 9:38am On Jun 04, 2019
Perkins1:
Do you know there are businesses you can startup with zero or almost zero capital?

Don't blink! Contact me to add you to my group where I will teach you skills and knowledge of how to go about this.

Knowledge is power!!

Lol lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Owojuyi(f): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2019
Good morning,
Please I'd like the ask, for someone who studied history and international studies, what is the best subsidiary of nnpc to work with?

I feel this is the essence of this page, we should be able to share thoughts.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:27am On Jun 04, 2019
zakir007:
You can have control without even owning majority share according to ifrs. Nnpc sha doesn't own shell and the likes. I think they are joint venture. But as for who controls nlng, it's the private sector and not nnpc. It's cos of their agreement. As for people saying dpr isn't owned by nnpc, that's correct. But what makes you think there won't be nnpc staff in dpr?
Becasuse DPR does their own recruitment. It was last carried out in 2016.
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by blackorange: 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
Tats:

With respect to this topic, does NNPC hire for NLNG?

As some others have mentioned, NAPIMS and NPDC are standout places to work in NNPC. NAPIMS manages NNPC's investments in International Oil companies and supervises various projects, so there is a lot of interaction with Shell, Total, ExxonMobil, etc and opportunities for travelling. NPDC operates NNPCs Exploration and Production assets and so is good place to work especially for Petroleum Engineers, Geologists, etc and there is the possibility to also interact with other IOCs and foreign training, etc. There are other subsidiaries that are good too depending on your job role.

I love these interactions ohgrin
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Greatken007(m): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
DPR can't be a subsidiary of NNPC,they are regulators that checkmate the activities of NNPC for standards,they are under the ministry of Petroleum. In some cases DPR has the power to sanction NNPC (E.g in event of loss of life in workplace, equipment failure) etc ,in fact there are some equipment that are called DPR certified equipment,such as pressure safety valve, such equipment need one with competence to carry out repairs. That is why HSE department is a major player in NNPC.
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by iammiracle1(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2019
Invites have began rolling in, please anyone with ideas of possible interview questions should please help us smiley
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by adedayo66(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
I heard from someone too, Interview In Abuse

Whew.
Re: Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? by Owojuyi(f): 9:35am On Jun 28, 2019
Congrats to those invited. To shop your corporate dresses and shoes for the interview for our ladies. Contact me 0.9.05961.7.0.23 or follow me on IG: @style_and_time

I offer pickup and delivery services. So you can walk in and make your choice or you have it delivered. I also offer pay on delivery. So, no scam zone.

Very affordable wears.
God bless

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2020 Recruitment: NAF Warns Applicants Against Fraudsters / N-Power Volunteers Storm Father Mbaka's Church In Enugu, Beg For State Jobs / Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.