Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning (51986 Views)

Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City / Timothy Moten Quit His Job For Anthony Joshua To Defeat Andy Ruiz Jnr / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Okuda(m): 3:11am On Jun 03, 2019
emmykk:
This is click bait...when will a loser be paid more than a winner? Fake story

then you know jackshit abput boxing.it has always been so

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Bnladan(m): 3:21am On Jun 03, 2019
Skepticus:
cool

Hush money for fat boy Ruiz.

Fixed fight.
Omo dat last blow no be here grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by jaxxy(m): 3:30am On Jun 03, 2019
hopexter:
So Joshua was given 20 million pounds to buy himself new belts? And Ruiz 5 million pounds since he doesn't need to buy belt. Its alright. lipsrsealed

Ruiz was only called to come and collect beating as a substitute fight for the one that was cancelled he himself didn’t expect to win it just happened so Joshua was who people came to see he was the buzz and the noise. I think Joshua was soft on him and didn’t use the right techniques. Ruiz is like a bag of rice.

Smtmes I think the match was fixed bt it wasn’t offsets like this have happened before in boxing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Nobody: 3:55am On Jun 03, 2019
To me,this Fight was properly Arranged.Just for the organizers to cashout.AJ STILL MY CHAMP
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 03, 2019
If you follow the when the match was slated,it came too fast on like normal fight.AJ CHAMP.FIXED MATCH
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by seangy4konji: 4:00am On Jun 03, 2019
I would gladly give out those big belts for 20milllion pounds..

Lots of Versace and coach belts that I will procure with just 100 thousand pounds..

That even come with ten white hoelonahos who are Mexican

Viva mehico
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Thalinzrcng: 4:37am On Jun 03, 2019
Joshua the fake.
Disappointed with this guy on many levels
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by hopexter(m): 4:47am On Jun 03, 2019
jaxxy:

Ruiz was only called to come and collect beating as a substitute fight for the one that was cancelled he himself didn’t expect to win it just happened so Joshua was who people came to see he was the buzz and the noise. I think Joshua was soft on him and didn’t use the right techniques. Ruiz is like a bag of rice.

Smtmes I think the match was fixed bt it wasn’t offsets like this have happened before in boxing.

No man would accept to loose his treasures intentionally. Those belts are worth much more than the amount paid for loosing and the millions who lost their money betting on him. Was the gain worth the loss? undecided

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Nobody: 4:57am On Jun 03, 2019
ecolime:
That look on Aj's face speaks volume cheesy. We've been scammed!

miki1:
The loss did not really pain me. its the way Joshua was smiling and happy like someone who was paid more to lose the fight. Now I understand the difference between a boxer and a fighter. clearly Joshua is a boxer. The only fighter in the division is Diontey Wilder

You people are very intelligent. Even from his response during the interview, you will notice that he didn't feel remorseful and disappointed. He was just making reference to rematch. He was not throwing much punches during the fight but just moving around unlike him. Even the commentators were saying the same.
If he beats the guy in a rematch i will totally believe its an arrangee things. Anything can happen in sports now.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Paulo3ree(m): 5:19am On Jun 03, 2019
Staged fight, see AJ face and body looking like someone that is just coming back from sun tanning on a beach.
The guys punches has left no single bruises on him at all showing how lite weight they were.
I think AJ is just trying to encourage his opponents to please come fight him
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by kayusely70(m): 5:22am On Jun 03, 2019
The defending champion will always get a fatter purse for putting his belts on the line.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by 2shure: 5:36am On Jun 03, 2019
20million pounds tomes 364
God whr r u
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by salford1: 5:54am On Jun 03, 2019
AllenSpencer:
That game was staged.

I just have a feeling.

Anthony will win the rematch
Seems like it was staged now. Boxing fast turning to WWF.
The rematch will fetch AJ nothing less than £40m and Ruiz nothing less than £10m. They will both double their earnings in less than 6months.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by kenex4ever(m): 5:54am On Jun 03, 2019
emmykk:
it's normal, the more famous gets more money in boxing and it depends on their agreement before the fight.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by salford1: 5:55am On Jun 03, 2019
hopexter:

No man would accept to loose his treasures intentionally. Those belts are worth much more than the amount paid for loosing and the millions who lost their money betting on him. Was the gain worth the loss? undecided
When he knew a rematch was guaranteed in London. He now has the Americans paying attention. More money in his pocket as a result.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by salford1: 5:57am On Jun 03, 2019
priceaction:

You people are very intelligent. Even from his response during the interview, you will notice that he didn't feel remorseful and disappointed. He was just making reference to rematch. He was not throwing much punches during the fight but just moving around unlike him. Even the commentators were saying the same.
If he beats the guy in a rematch i will totally believe its an arrangee things. Anything can happen in sports now.
He even gave Ruiz his belts to hold during the weigh in. Which boxer does that?..the world has been scammed by the fix.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by kenex4ever(m): 5:59am On Jun 03, 2019
Undisclosed:
I knew dat there was more to dat acting
there was no acting, he beat AJ. It happens in boxing, the more is based on agreement before the fight, most people came to watch AJ that's why he got more.

It's only a fool that will agree to lose his pride and clean sheet for any amount.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by kenex4ever(m): 6:02am On Jun 03, 2019
priceaction:

Guy stop making yourself feel better, there was no scam. It was an upset, AJ will come back better. That's what makes a great fighter.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by city2city: 6:28am On Jun 03, 2019
Why do l see match fixing.......
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by OmoOshodi(m): 6:37am On Jun 03, 2019
Joshua VS Ruiz... (Ruiz wins and pack all the belts of Joshua)

Joshua VS Wilder (if Joshua lose, no wahala, if he wins, Wilder's belt is a goner)

THEN � � �

Joshua VS Ruiz Rematch (Joshua wins and collect all his belts back)

� �
Omo naija
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:46am On Jun 03, 2019
emmykk:
the loser is worth more than the winner...is like asking how come a club like man city ll make more money than Barça who played up to semi finals of champions league....anyway good for Ruiz...the return fight ll Pay him more even if he is gonna lose
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Paulo3ree(m): 6:49am On Jun 03, 2019
EdeyHot:

grin grin grin You are right bro. My exact thought too, put in a very funny way.

grin he just used the opportunity to test his endurance time/stamina.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:49am On Jun 03, 2019
miki1:
The loss did not really pain me. its the way Joshua was smiling and happy like someone who was paid more to lose the fight. Now I understand the difference between a boxer and a fighter. clearly Joshua is a boxer. The only fighter in the division is Diontey Wilder
wetin u want make him do commit suicide...it's sport bro... after all there is rematch and why won't he smile when he ll make more cash...
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:51am On Jun 03, 2019
poshbrave:
dat is becos d guy don't have brand sponsorship....dis Heavyweight is overrated d pay is low compare to what maywheather will go home with in lighterwhite fight fa during his time...#TMT
Mayweather de package im own he has good promoters...the return match ll generate more interest since pple wanna see how AJ ll bounce back the more the hype the more the money

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:52am On Jun 03, 2019
Afonja007:
shut up if you don't know anything about boxing,now Ruiz will choose who to fight he will choose soft opponents and next time he will meet AJ his money will be bigger ,thats how boxing goes is allways good to be title holder so you will choose who to fight and demand more money
oga the rematch AJ ll still earn more
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:56am On Jun 03, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
infact I still dey wonder, boxing organizers Don dey behaves like Nigeria politicians.
see ur head u see when Mayweather de arrange fight with kick boxer and others pocket money...boxing is what it is there is politics in it sometimes... Just like I tell pple wrestling is entertainment more like acting a cinema show...oyibo sabi package tins
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by MrBONE2(m): 6:57am On Jun 03, 2019
Toyoland:
Abeg make person come beat me for 100k. I no mind

grin

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by MrBONE2(m): 7:00am On Jun 03, 2019
IdeeEsperanza:
Someone should just come and beat me for N5m
grin grin grin

grin

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 03, 2019
Just imagine even the height difference among other things..... #that was obviously a fixed match!
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:04am On Jun 03, 2019
priceaction:

sports is more of business and entertainment ask ur self why Mayweather made no efforts to move up to heavyweights and why he always had his fights in America....AJ losing has generated interest for the rematch which is more money for the promoters...fight gonna be in UK Aj home...AJ wins then he get to dictates terms in fighting wilder... let me ask boxing seems Real can we say same for wrestling...whose results are pre arranged in board room...even some football matches are fixed these days self

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by olayiwola4u(m): 7:04am On Jun 03, 2019
Celebration of victory, overconfidence finished Joshua. I learnt an important lesson yesterday in that fight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) / Highest Goalscorers In Laliga So Far This Season / Masquerades Visit Victor Anichebe In His Hometown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.