Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss (1588 Views)

Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury In War Of Words / Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights / Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by HollaAyo(m): 3:19am On Jun 03, 2019
Via The Entertainment town

Anthony Joshua says he is paying little attention to the comments of both Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury after he suffered a shock defeat against Andy Ruiz Jr. on Saturday night.

The Brit lost his IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles after being knocked down four times by his unfancied Mexican opponent, who was drafted in at short notice to replace Jarrell Miller

Afterwards, AJ got two very contrasting messages from his heavyweight rivals, with Fury backing him to ‘regroup and come again’ while Wilder was scathing, suggesting he had been found out.

Asked about the two messages, Joshua told IFL TV: ‘That’s boxing, contradictions, it’s one or the other. That’s boxing.

‘But I’m still young in the sport, still got a long way to go. Been pro I think six years, so I’ve still got another like nine years in me. Fighters go on until they’re 40 now, I’m still 29 so I still got a long time.

‘I do it for the love, I love this game bro. My eyes are still focused and my mind is still focused on achieving great things in the sport.’

Asked in another interview with Behind The Gloves about Fury’s message of support, AJ added: ‘I don’t really listen to Tyson Fury if he says good shit or bad shit. I don’t really listen to that.

‘It’s just my family, my team, that’s who I listen to. I don’t really worry about that. But that’s Tyson innit? That’s the rest of the heavyweights. I don’t really get involved in the boxing talk.’

Reacting to the defeat in the ring straight afterwards, Joshua told Sky Sports Box Office: ‘Boxing is a tough sport, but I train hard and I got beaten by a good fighter, it will be interesting to see how far he goes, but this is all part of the journey.

‘Congratulations to the first Mexican heavyweight champion. We bounce back. This is the risk we take, every fighter deserves respect so congratulations to him. I respect every fighter, this is all part of the legacy, it’s how strong I came back. He’s a champion for now, I shall return.

culled from: https://www.enttown.com/2019/06/03/anthony-joshua-responds-to-deontay-wilder-and-tyson-fury-tweets-after-ruiz-loss/

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by sykeng(m): 3:43am On Jun 03, 2019
I know you will come back stronger, life is not a bed of roses , no success without failure , all the boxing legend suffered defeat at one point in their career.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by MJBOLT: 5:34am On Jun 03, 2019
marciano and mayweather did not suffer defeat

sykeng:
I know you will come back stronger, life is not a bed of roses , no success without failure , all the boxing legend suffered defeat at one point in their career.
Re: Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by sykeng(m): 5:43am On Jun 03, 2019
MJBOLT:

is mayweather a fighter? mtewww , where is he ranked among the boxing legends, for Rocky I admit.

Not losing a fight does not make you the world greatest of all time, in welterweight Sugar Ray Leonard is still regarded as the greatest while in the heavyweight division I prefer Mohammed Ali anytime.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by MJBOLT: 5:58am On Jun 03, 2019
all that one na story,mayweather is a boxing legend and did not suffer defeat in his career,your opinion cannot change that

sykeng:

is mayweather a fighter? mtewww , where is he ranked among the boxing legends, for Rocky I admit.

Not losing a fight does not make you the world greatest of all time, in welterweight Sugar Ray Leonard is still regarded as the greatest while in the heavyweight division I prefer Mohammed Ali anytime.
Re: Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by sykeng(m): 6:05am On Jun 03, 2019
MJBOLT:
all that one na story,mayweather is a boxing legend and did not suffer defeat in his career,your opinion cannot change that

I mean Sugar Ray Robinson, OK my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by LordsApostle: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
MJBOLT:

better shut up if u know nothing, is may weather a fighter? Mad small children that know nothing..

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by MJBOLT: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
look at this daft idiot,if mayweather is not a fighter,what is he then?

LordsApostle:
better shut up if u know nothing, is may weather a fighter? Mad small children that know nothing..

Re: Anthony Joshua Responds To Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Tweets After Ruiz Loss by ipledge10(m): 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2019
MJBOLT:

You can’t compare heavy weight to light weight. No matter how good you are, you will be tested in heavy weight. Just one punch is enough to reset both your Cerebrum and Cerebellum.

(1) (Reply)

Hello My Tips / Adeboye's Predicted For Super Eagles "all Shall Be Well" - TB Joshua's / Taribo West Accused Of Age Cheating By His Ex-club President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.