Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,872 members, 7,862,926 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:12 AM

I Am Not Becoming A Political Activist —singer Falz - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am Not Becoming A Political Activist —singer Falz (307 Views)

Fela Kuti Is The Greatest Political Activist And Artist Nigeria Has Produced / Singer Falz Celebrates His Mother’s 60th Birthday (see What He Wrote) / Tuface Idibia To Contest For A Political Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Becoming A Political Activist —singer Falz by MhizMuna: 8:15am On Jun 03, 2019
Falz is arguably a Fela Anikulapo Kuti reborn as most of music had been about addressing societal and governmental issues swept under the rug.

In this interview with Falz told Newton-Ray Ukwuoma what more he will be doing with his music career. Excerpts:

What new projects are you currently working on?

Right now, I am just working on new singles, hopefully putting them out in the nearest future. The Moral Instruction album is out. I am ready to work on some new projects.

What would you say was your mindset about music before you decided to join the industry?

My mindset from the beginning was, and is still, social consciousness. I set out to make music that reflects what I am going through, about what I experience and about what is happening around me.

I think I have been able to make that kind of art with everything I have done, even with the feel good music. If you listen carefully, if you pay attention to the lyrics, every song depicts what I go through, what is happening around me. As an artiste, you must learn to mirror your immediate environment, things that speak to you as a person. That is what I have been able to do over the years.

https://www./2019/06/i-am-not-becoming-a-political-activist-falz.html

Cc: Lalasticlala
Cc: MissyB3
Cc: Fynestboi
Cc: Dominique
Cc: mynd44
Cc: Seun

Re: I Am Not Becoming A Political Activist —singer Falz by Kingosytex(m): 8:20am On Jun 03, 2019
...in your small salary you will pay your tithe, fellowship in the day crusade for night... falz the bad guy

(1) (Reply)

Chioma Slams Troll - “did I Tell You That I’m Pregnant? Mumu" / Duncan Mighty Goes Crazy In Joy As His Wife Put To Bed A Bouncing Baby / Tupac, Tom Petty Estates Among Group Suing Universal Over Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.